PDA

View Full Version : Anti-shipping

KJhayes
12-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi guys,

Got a question...

I really dig flying the A-20G and B-25J in the anti-shipping role, but I'm curious to know if anyone has sank soft targets, specifically freighters and cargo ships in-game with a guns only attack?

Gun camera footage of shredded cargo ships dance in my head ;-)

Thanks!

KJhayes
12-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Please Disregard... posting in a more suitable place...

-HH- Beebop
12-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Fact #1: All merchant ships are made of kevlar-coated lead. They are impenatrable by bullets alone.
Fact #2: All merchant ships were constructed at the Krypton Shipyards in the early 30's.

In other words, not that I know of.

woofiedog
12-28-2004, 01:35 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Try the 5in AP Rockets or Skip Bombing with a couple of 500Pd'ers.
Only Landing Craft, PT's, Maybe the Fishing Boat's can be damaged or sunk with machine gun's and the rest need speical attention as stated above.

StellarRat
12-28-2004, 02:03 PM
You should be able to damage parts of destroyers or light them on fire with .50s - 30mm which might eventually sink them, but that's not modelled in the game. I believe 37mm + guns can sink them in this game. I have read account of a Beaufighter sinking a German destroyer with guns in the Med, but I think it caught fire then sank hours after the attack.