PDA

View Full Version : What this game needs

ZombWii
07-01-2009, 07:55 AM
So after one day, and a couple of hours of gameplay I can definitely see some things that I would like changed, but on the whole am enjoying the experience.

I am not a huge fan of FPSs, but have played some, and I have never played the original Call Of Juarez, but...

1. I realize this is a Victorian wild west shoot-out kind of game but it still needs some sort of mapping...on the HUD especially. This may not be Killzone, but even Tom and Ray would be able to look around a room and have an awareness of what, or who is around them...an awareness that we playing currently don`t.

2. The checkpoint saving...loading...whatever... stuff that happens every 30 seconds is a real drag. I agree with the earlier thread that says we need more installed on the HD and fewer breaks in the story and action.

3. Multi-Player. I really like the take on multi-player that`s going on here...but again some sort of mapping please...and also there doesn`t seem to be any way of telling who is who until they are so close that you should be drawing iron anyway...but perhaps that was a conscious decision. The blue arrows (I was a lawman in both rounds) flying around the edge of the screen told me nothing useful...

ZombWii
07-01-2009, 07:55 AM
So after one day, and a couple of hours of gameplay I can definitely see some things that I would like changed, but on the whole am enjoying the experience.

I am not a huge fan of FPSs, but have played some, and I have never played the original Call Of Juarez, but...

1. I realize this is a Victorian wild west shoot-out kind of game but it still needs some sort of mapping...on the HUD especially. This may not be Killzone, but even Tom and Ray would be able to look around a room and have an awareness of what, or who is around them...an awareness that we playing currently don`t.

2. The checkpoint saving...loading...whatever... stuff that happens every 30 seconds is a real drag. I agree with the earlier thread that says we need more installed on the HD and fewer breaks in the story and action.

3. Multi-Player. I really like the take on multi-player that`s going on here...but again some sort of mapping please...and also there doesn`t seem to be any way of telling who is who until they are so close that you should be drawing iron anyway...but perhaps that was a conscious decision. The blue arrows (I was a lawman in both rounds) flying around the edge of the screen told me nothing useful...

Kables
07-01-2009, 07:43 PM
to #2:

you on pc or 360? and if on 360, you installed to HD??

DrImpossible
07-01-2009, 10:53 PM
I strongly disagree with the suggestion of a HuD. One reason I really love this game is the immersion. When I don't see my ammo or health all the time and I'm firing my duel six shooters I feel like a gunslinger. Mapping can be nice but I played through the whole game with no complaints about that, and I've got a good 3-4 hours on MP now too. I should say I played a few years of Counter Strike CZ religiously though so that might effect something.

ZombWii
07-02-2009, 09:32 PM
I am playing on a PS3.

I still think that some sort of mapping on the HUD would enhance the experience, or on the SELECT screen.

I've been playing some of the side-missions out in the desert/scrub and have found myself getting turned around and doubling-back without even realizing I was going somewhere I had just come from since it can all look very similiar...but again maybe this is how the developer wants it to be and they feel that it's more authentic.

Also, I've noticed that out in the desert, and just in general, it is very hard to pick out dropped money/items from all the rocks and scrub across the desert floor. The bodies of all my kills disappear so quickly that I'm often lucky to find their dropped inventory items and I'm sure I'm walking right by bags of money. The bodies should either remain on screen longer to show where items will be, or items should have a halo or other identifying quality about them.

ZZephan
07-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Im playing on PC for some time, and I have no problem with the objectives, the markers are nice help, but somtimes Id wish the disappear, they draw too much attention. I can always call them by pressing the objectives button, then the description shows and reminds me where to go.

I agree on the "dropped cash" is bit invisible, especially on the mexicans mission where they blend perfectly with the grass. Yeah they could make some hints where they are, now its just have to runn all the areas around the blood marks and maybe i accidently pick up the cash. But I love the shop things, if only the guy in the shop had some more interactivness, you can burn his house almost and he seems do not care about that.

RodriguezCoJ
07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
What this game needs? Sound, certainly.