PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here so pardon me is this has been said before...

SabreF-86
03-17-2005, 07:53 AM
First things first, my congratulations and thanks to Oleg n crew for putting together one of the best flight sims ever. I've been doing flight sims since Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, and have to say this is the best I've ever done. Again, congratulations.

As this is the forum for bring up items on the wish list and possible errors in the models, I'd like to mention 3 things I've noticed, which may have been mentioned already.

One, How come there are no female pilots in the VVS? The USSR was noted for its use of female pilots, both in fighters and the P0-2 night harrassment squadrons.

Two, I just did a flight in the Rufe, (A6M-2N) and noticed that when you land, and leave the engine running at idle, the plane comes to a stop. Would be nice if it were true, but float planes don't have brakes, so if the engine is running, even at an idle, it will move. I suspect this oversite has to do with the additional modeling needed for ground handling the aircraft? IE Ground personnel?

Third, I notice the map is always oriented North is up. Having done some flying myself, would it be possible to arrange that the map can be oriented in the direction of flight? Most everyone I know who flys turns the map so that their flight path is lined up with the aircraft axis.

Otherwise, its one heck of a game Oleg, Keep it up.

Rgds

Sabre

Monson74
03-17-2005, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>.
Two, I just did a flight in the Rufe, (A6M-2N) and noticed that when you land, and leave the engine running at idle, the plane comes to a stop. Would be nice if it were true, but float planes don't have brakes, so if the engine is running, even at an idle, it will move. I suspect this oversite has to do with the additional modeling needed for ground handling the aircraft? IE Ground personnel?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't water cause drag?

EJGr.Ost_chamel
03-17-2005, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monson74:

Doesn't water cause drag? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It only causes drag when there is movement.

ColoradoBBQ
03-17-2005, 04:11 PM
The plane will coast to a stop at idle power because there is not enough thrust to overcome the water displacement in front of the float.

Aeronautico
03-17-2005, 08:56 PM
One: There are some AI female crew member, maybe even pilot but can't remember. Check the U-2 (Po-2)for instance.

Two: Actually, even minimal thrust should imply minimal movement...

p1ngu666
03-17-2005, 10:01 PM
the water produces very little drag on floatplanes, try it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

but it produces lots of drag for a non floatplane, ie 109, spit, tb3.

Philipscdrw
03-18-2005, 08:08 AM
I thought the TB-3 started life as a barge, and they just added wings? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I like the TB-3.