PDA

View Full Version : Exact Release Time on Steam?

SpinCrash
04-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Hey peoples,

does anyone know what the exact release time is on steam. Word was going around that it would come out on midnight but now steam is telling me that it's going to come out in 2 days and 3 hours, which makes for an awkward 1pm EST (10am PST) release date.

Anyone know about this?

MasterSordal
04-25-2010, 09:50 AM
It honestly depends on the game and that seems bout right. thing to remember is they are all subject to change on release day, last year arma 2 was suppose to release in the afternoon pst and was release in the morning, probably cause there was no preload but what ever

SpinCrash
04-26-2010, 09:21 AM
i don't know. I mean, the game is released on the 27th, I'm just sort of hoping that once midnight roles around it will just unlock. It's wishful thinking, but why not? The game is gold, it's right there on my hard drive, and it will be the 27th, it all makes perfect sense to release at midnight (or 3am if ubi is really pushy with PST).

What do y'all think?

Necrophilic
04-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I really hope they will release it on Steam much earlier than they say. As for now, it will unlock for me at noon tomorrow (central time zone). I know how you feel about the game being right in the hard drive and not being able to play it yet. So close, yet so far away!

Lone_Hawk
04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Steam sometimes unlocks stuff early but usually it's around noonish or in the afternoon that the game will unlock.