PDA

View Full Version : Nostradamus?

TrueDemonzBane
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM
idk if someone else has posted about this, but is it possible that nostradamus used an apple to see the future? because it seems as though he had some kind of inside word on what would happen in the future, and perhaps that's what ezio did, maybe the apple is as the apple in the bible, giving knowledge, all knowledge, past, present future, weapons, secrets, science, and maybe even the truth about the creation. or maybe im just freaking out?

SAVMATIC
01-12-2011, 06:04 PM
i think we will find out about this in the next game, if it does turn out to be in France.

rileypoole1234
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Even though I don't think AC3 will be in France, I think Ubisoft wants to make it seem like anyone who did anything important in history used a PoE. So yes, I think Nostradamus did use a PoE. I'm also sure the apple in the Bible is the Apple of Eden(in the AC universe, that is).

TrueDemonzBane
01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
i know it is the same apple, but im reffering to the fact that it came from the tree of knowledge, making it the apple of knowledge. i speculate that it allows you to have access to all knowledge, any fact, even if they have not come to pass, idk. it let let altair design a gun the size of a humming bird during the crusade, let leonardo design his war machines, and who knows what else. seems to me like that's what it does, give the user any knowledge they want.

Ass4ssin8me
01-12-2011, 07:56 PM
This would be awesome! Yes he must have used a PoE.
In the AC universe it must be the same apple.

TrueDemonzBane
01-12-2011, 10:27 PM
personally, it wouldnt surprise me if half the stuff in assassin's creed was real, afterall, most people just go along with whatever they are told, questioning nothing

ninja_7_7
01-12-2011, 10:34 PM
The apple was not from a tree it was created (as far as we know) by the ones who came before.

SevketErhat
01-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:
idk if someone else has posted about this, but is it possible that nostradamus used an apple to see the future? because it seems as though he had some kind of inside word on what would happen in the future, and perhaps that's what ezio did, maybe the apple is as the apple in the bible, giving knowledge, all knowledge, past, present future, weapons, secrets, science, and maybe even the truth about the creation. or maybe im just freaking out?

Fantastic though. Congrats

TrueDemonzBane
01-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
The apple was not from a tree it was created (as far as we know) by the ones who came before. im referring to how it is described in the bible as it being from a tree in the garden of eden

also, does anyone know how to turn off the privacy settings for my gamer tag thing? i have it so that it should show them, but it wont

HeruGothmog
01-13-2011, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
The apple was not from a tree it was created (as far as we know) by the ones who came before. The "Tree of Knowledge" is not a physical plant but the combined learning of a people. The Tree of Knowledge of humanity has bourn much fruit, some bitter and some sweet. Our "Apple" is at the moment the Internet and the computers that we use. In the AC universe (and perhaps it is the same one as ours) Those Who Came Before had a much greater "Tree of Knowledge" and the fruits of that are the "Apples" and the other PoE's

TrueDemonzBane
01-13-2011, 12:03 PM
one other thing i never understood from the bible was that in the early part of the old testimate, they write out dozens of names of people, and their lifespans, and people were living for hundreds of years. what's up with that?

HeruGothmog
01-13-2011, 01:29 PM
one other thing i never understood from the bible was that in the early part of the old testimate, they write out dozens of names of people, and their lifespans, and people were living for hundreds of years. what's up with that? Shrouded in mystery perhaps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Johno_efc
01-14-2011, 03:17 AM
Edward Cayce was better.

Alpha Ender
01-14-2011, 04:32 AM
one other thing i never understood from the bible was that in the early part of the old testimate, they write out dozens of names of people, and their lifespans, and people were living for hundreds of years. what's up with that?

One theory I remember reading was from the author Orson Scott Card in...I think it was Shadow Puppets. One of those books. Anyways, the theory was that there was a key in our genome, something that got turned on or off. That key (which was called Anton's Key) controlled intelligence vs. aging. The idea is that children have their brains growing very quickly, as far as a neural network, meaning they have the capacity to learn far better and more than at any other time in their lives. However, at a certain age, the neural growth slows down a lot to keep our brains from overgrowing. If our brains were to keep growing, our body would grow with it, and eventually either a) our hearts would give out from the stress of pumping blood to an 8 ft. plus person, or b) our spines would collapse under the continuous growth. Either way, it would be expected that we would only live to be 25, but be literally super genii by that point.

On the flip side, we have longer living. The less time our neural networks are building, the less the body has to wear itself out to match the brain growth. We would be...functional, but that's really about the length of our intelligence at that point.

However, going from a religious standpoint, the idea was that the people were living with God "visiting" (as compared to His actual presence, as in the Garden of Eden). In the AC view, perhaps that long length of life could be attributed to the Shroud, as Herugo...Herroo...the guy two posts above me stated. Also, TWCB mentioned they never achieved the ability to keep themselves immortal, but that doesn't mean they didn't have ways to live longer. There could be technology outside the Shroud that we don't know about that was lost/destroyed.

Mr_Shade
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
We do have an pinned ongoing thread which is intended for this..

Official Member Theories *Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2951020209)

Please post your theories there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif