PDA

View Full Version : They retired me !! No way !

gsc67
07-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I was getting ready for patrol 17.. Then I got this message. Whats up with that !

---------------------------
Career over
---------------------------
Herr Kaleun, communique just received...

"CONGRATULATIONS LIEUTENANT COMMANDER G.S. SHCOOPER! YOU ARE TO REPORT
IMMEDIATELY TO KIEL TO TAKE COMMAND OF THE 5TH FLOTILLA.

RELINQUISH COMMAND OF U-505 TO YOUR EXEC.

L. BUCHHEIM
FREGATTENKAPITÄN UND KOMMANDANT."

Your career is now over

MarkSynthesis
07-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Escaping to the comfy desk job, are we? Lucky....

I'm on my 18th patrol, and it's still 1942. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I don't know what SH3's default retirement options are, but Sh3Commander allows you to establish "realistic" career lengths--at a certain point of success, you're more useful to the war effort as an instructor or as a flotilla commander.

What would be really cool is a future SH expanding on this--perhaps offering another gameplay mechanic, as Flotilla Commander, etc.

geoffwessex
07-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Do you remember what your Renown score was at that time, gsc67? I've had two careers in stock SH3 that went into May 45 (around 52 patrols each time) and it was just "war over, career ended". Only thing was, my Renown never got above about 8000 throughout, even with over one million tons sunk, what with buying all the upgrades to the boats and then getting homing torpedoes etc., so I assume you only get retired when you've won all the medals there are and got high renown.

gsc67
07-28-2007, 09:09 AM
My renown is 32,300 Geoff .. But I am only after patrol 16 ! 645,000+ tons of shipping .. I cought two convoys before, and a great patrol ground in the BF section before so that helped me greatly. And I was in a basic VIIb until patrol 16 when I spent money (renown) to go to the IXd boat. My last trip out I had 99,898 tons. And was in a type IIa for 3 patrols.

geoffwessex
07-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh right, well, erm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif you're a better Kaleun than I was (or will be). Yep, I think it's the Renown score that tips you over into the retirement, then. I'd do the same but just lurve getting those homing torpedoes (800 points each!!)