PDA

View Full Version : Is the campaign really EIGHT hours?

fr4nkenstein10
11-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Then you've went against one of the most unique things about this game - you play the SP for a long time.

WORK ON THE GAME LONGER. WHO'S STOPPING YOU?

For pete's sake, is it because you really believe in this 2012 nonsense? YOU'RE GROWN UP MEN AND WOMEN!

*sigh* *hulksmashes wall*

Redbanana27
11-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Im sorry but does multiplayer discussion blind you or.... am i missing something?

People on here are passionate about multiplayer... singleplayer as well dont get me wrong.

But i believe you are talking to the wrong people... i'm all for the singleplayer, but the multiplayer has stolen my heart.

And your brain

fr4nkenstein10
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Excuse me, I see this as more visited. Bias maybe? I stil don't care.

Rankya_94
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Someone beated it in 9.

Zoidberg747
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
The SP has gone down since AC II, but im sure there are sidequests and stuff to do after the main story is finished. And yeah, wrong forum...

DreamcasterXL
11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
They just want your

Your $$$

Your

Your

Alas there's no more currency symbols available...

Just Krispy
11-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Well if its any consolation I beat the MW3 campaign in less than 5.

Mr_Shade
11-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Let's wait and see what real world players get..

If you rush through the main story, ignoring the side missions or den defence, maybe you can do it in 8...

But...

Part of the fun of the AC games is exploring - finding side missions, treasure and finding all of the hidden "things"

If you skip all of the side missions etc and don't go exploring, you're only playing half of the game in my mind..

This thread does belong in the single player forum really though.. Since multiplayer enjoyment can go on for months.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sarari
11-14-2011, 08:27 PM
I agree with Mr_Shade. Why rush through the story when you have a whole city to explore. You can look for collectibles, do side missions, treasures, test bombs, or even just walk around the city and climb the view points. That's the whole beauty of the AC series.

But I gotta say, the series has shorten time wise. My guess is because ACB and ACR are almost like chapters to AC2. I'm expecting AC3 to be a very long SP story line and play through.

rileypoole1234
11-14-2011, 08:37 PM
There was a thread made about taking your time on the story, so I will tell you what I said in that thread: Take your bleeding time during the story, you'll get the most enjoyment out of it this way. The only way to enjoy the story the most you can possibly enjoy it, is to take it slow.

MostJadedGamer
11-14-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't believe that at all. I think the normal time for the campaign will probably be 15-20 hours, and the total play time between 30, and 40 hours.

Sarari
11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
That was my thread Riley http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

@Dennis, I hope it's that long for me. I completed ACB in a blink of an eye, and I can't even remember half of the missions because I rushed through it. It's quite sad really. I can imagine how much I would've loved ACB if I just took my freakin time. It's a shame. It's the biggest mistake I've made with a video game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

johnnyhayek
11-14-2011, 10:03 PM
One review(MAYBE the Joystiq one, not sure) stated that the reviewer was at 30 hours and was only at 64% sync. So maybe that will lighten you up a bit.

SleezeRocker
11-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I make it last longer than 8 since I plan to play side missions, collect some $, wreak some free-style havoc...then seriously wreak havoc in the sequnces, and try getting that platinum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

roostersrule2
11-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I finished in a hour and 20 minutes!!! just kidding I've played for 5 hrs and I'm up to sequence 3.I've Done about 4-5 missions in the sequence and I'm loving the hookblade (zip lining is so fun), bombs and desmond missions though their not what I expected, but i've only done 1 and they should all should be similar. I'm not sure about den defense yet though.

idgaf19
11-14-2011, 10:21 PM
The game feels pretty long to me..I've been going at it for awhile now, lol. Hookblade is BA and I'm also not so much a fan of the den defense, makes me stressed out for some reason. xD

But yeah, I'd say it's a pretty lengthy game with all the things to do in it so far, although I haven't encountered many side missions other than the Master Assassin ones for your assassin's training stuff..which is pretty cool.

kosmoscreed
11-15-2011, 01:38 AM
It's short indeed, don't know how many hours but it's the shortest SP experience of all the AC games. I hope people don't take the game clock too seriously because it doesn't count the hours you played in a proper way.

E-Zekiel
11-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

If you rush through the main story, ignoring the side missions or den defence, maybe you can do it in 8...

But...

Part of the fun of the AC games is exploring - finding side missions, treasure and finding all of the hidden "things"

If you skip all of the side missions etc and don't go exploring, you're only playing half of the game in my mind..

This thread does belong in the single player forum really though.. Since multiplayer enjoyment can go on for months.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gotta agree. A lot of people talked about how fast they beat AC:B. For me? AC2 took somewhere between 70-80 hours. But I didn't rush. I did all the side stuff. Explored. Had fun.

AC:B took me about 33 hours first playthrough, doing side stuff, having fun, etc etc.

I imagine AC:R will take me 30-40+.

roostersrule2
11-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
It's short indeed, don't know how many hours but it's the shortest SP experience of all the AC games. I hope people don't take the game clock too seriously because it doesn't count the hours you played in a proper way. Yea the game clock is wrong so is RDR's as it said I did it in 4 hours (which is impossible) then I played for an hour and it was up to 23 hrs. ACR is the most enjoyable AC yet though.

BlackRose1809
11-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

But...

Gotta agree. A lot of people talked about how fast they beat AC:B. For me? AC2 took somewhere between 70-80 hours. But I didn't rush. I did all the side stuff. Explored. Had fun.

AC:B took me about 33 hours first playthrough, doing side stuff, having fun, etc etc.

I imagine AC:R will take me 30-40+. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It took me a long time to beat all of AC II and AC Brotherhood. Why? Because I was taking my sweet, sweet time. :3

This game looks beautiful, why would you so fast? What I would do is just go around and kill guards just to see the city. Do the side missions, find collectables!

BTW, will we be able to go around after we finish the game? Y'know like in AC2 or brotherhood where you could just finish the game and if you forgot somethings you can go back?

Defenderx2480
11-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Skyrim's main quest can be completed in two hours without any glitches.

That should tell you all you need to know.

SleezeRocker
11-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
It's short indeed, don't know how many hours but it's the shortest SP experience of all the AC games. I hope people don't take the game clock too seriously because it doesn't count the hours you played in a proper way. Yea the game clock is wrong so is RDR's as it said I did it in 4 hours (which is impossible) then I played for an hour and it was up to 23 hrs. ACR is the most enjoyable AC yet though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the game(s) are using in-game 24hr clocks. for example; if you're playing at 10 am, the game files/hours will say 10:00:00 (blah), but if you were playing at 4pm it would say like 16:00:00. I think that's what it is, you see that right before you load of file of AC2-B (perhaps R)

roostersrule2
11-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
It's short indeed, don't know how many hours but it's the shortest SP experience of all the AC games. I hope people don't take the game clock too seriously because it doesn't count the hours you played in a proper way. Yea the game clock is wrong so is RDR's as it said I did it
in 4 hours (which is impossible) then I played for an hour and it was up to 23 hrs. ACR is the most enjoyable AC yet though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think the game(s) are using in-game 24hr clocks. for example; if you're playing at 10 am, the game files/hours will say 10:00:00 (blah), but if you were playing at 4pm it would say like 16:00:00. I think that's what it is, you see that right before you load of file of AC2-B (perhaps R) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nah that clock glitch was from RDR. The clock on ACR is just slow. Also the clock is to count how many hours you played not what the time is.

Jexx21
11-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Actually, both in AC2 and ACB the time you see before you load the game IS just the time you saved the game the last time you played it.

To get the actual time you have to go to the menu while in the game, options, then stats.

playassassins1
11-15-2011, 11:29 AM
I Finished the game today and it was very very unexpected but very very awesome!!! And the game wasn't really short but not very long. But its really worth it.

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Last night I played the game for almost 9 hours straight. I just couldn't put it down. The game is actually much better than I was anticipating. But in those 9 hours I only managed to get to sequence 4 and through 2/5 Desmond sequences and very little of the side stuff. So I don't really know how a person could get through it in only 8 hours but I guess it's possible if you attempt to rush like crazy and do only story missions.

ShaneO7K
11-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I don't see why you would rush through an AC game when there is so much more to do.

LightRey
11-15-2011, 12:04 PM
There are games that are 30+ hours long on normal playthroughs that can be finished within 5 hours on a speedrun.

playassassins1
11-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
There are games that are 30+ hours long on normal playthroughs that can be finished within 5 hours on a speedrun.

I finished the game in 70+ Hours but i will still continue with Side missions and Multiplayer.

True_Assassin92
11-15-2011, 01:01 PM
No worries people, I've played through the game on an average time, took me 12 and a half hours to finish without even doing the factions, all the dens, collectibles etc...

What I do mind is that the sequences, thus the missions were lasting less longer, but it's one heck of a story that i'll need to check once more because I still need to put some pieces of the puzzle together lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Oh yea didn't do the desmond sequences yet, I needed to finish it quickly because I got a lot of schoolwork coming my way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

tjbyrum1
11-15-2011, 01:50 PM
If and when I get it, when I have access to the Recruits I know I will be entertained by it alone for several hours.

In Brotherhood, as soon as I got my Recruits, all I did was run everywhere and press LB and simply watch my Assassin's fight. For no reason, I just wanted to see Assassins other than me fight.

SupremeCaptain
11-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DreamcasterXL:
They just want your

Your $$$

Your

Your

Alas there's no more currency symbols available...

It's funny cos it's true.

Announcing priced DLC the day it's released. What a joke.

Jexx21
11-15-2011, 03:56 PM
The funny thing is, that's for MP. And they're skins.

That's what DLC SHOULD be. Just skins. That's all I want my DLC to be. Story should be provided for free.

Black_Widow9
11-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I can't imagine its going to take me only 8 hours to play... I do all of the extra stuff. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Animuses
11-15-2011, 11:51 PM
My stats said I played for over 9 hours and I have 50% synch. I've been doing everything I could possibly do.

wapikas
11-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
I can't imagine its going to take me only 8 hours to play... I do all of the extra stuff. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I am doing also all the things and right now I have played ACR for 6 hours and my total completion is about 10%. I deeply doubt that I finish game in next 2 hours.

ajl992008
11-17-2011, 04:39 PM
how can you check the stats for how long you have played exactly?, i have played revelations a total of 10 hours and i hav just completed sequence 6 so i have completed 2/3 of the game, so that means the games main storyline should take me 15 hours to complete. game is amazing but im surprised theres less side missions but i like it this way, its focused on the main narrative which is why in my mind this game is the best ac game and even beats ac2.

Sarari
11-17-2011, 05:06 PM
No matter how much I'll be tempted to continue on with the story, I'm gonna just run around and kill some guards, and collect things on the way. I'm gonna take all Thanks Giving break (that is if I get it during that break) to beat this, and if I can last longer, I will do so. I will try my best to beat this game in the shortest amount of time.

Serrachio
11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
To be fair, there really isn't that many side missions in the game. I'd say 8-10 hours of main story content was pretty much what there was.

I mean, I've completed all the story sequences to 100% already, and there was only ever 1 Romani, Thief and Mercenary mission.

I think they were just short things to introduce the challenges, and not enough focus was added onto them.