PDA

View Full Version : what about this?!

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 11:41 PM
In many wwII movies (real guncam photage) I have many times seen the aircraft that is beeing shot at lower its gears or onlyone of them... This propably is because of a hit in the hydraulic system... I personally would like to see the blenheim im attacking lower its right gear when hit... It just would look damn good! Now I dunno how difficult that would be to model. But who would like to see this more than me...
Another thing would be not to be able to lower ur gears at all or maybe only one gear if damaged when coming in for landing, kinda like "memphis belle"
anyway, what do u guys think?!
cheers!

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 11:41 PM
In many wwII movies (real guncam photage) I have many times seen the aircraft that is beeing shot at lower its gears or onlyone of them... This propably is because of a hit in the hydraulic system... I personally would like to see the blenheim im attacking lower its right gear when hit... It just would look damn good! Now I dunno how difficult that would be to model. But who would like to see this more than me...
Another thing would be not to be able to lower ur gears at all or maybe only one gear if damaged when coming in for landing, kinda like "memphis belle"
anyway, what do u guys think?!
cheers!

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 04:40 PM
great idea/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif BUMP

---------------------------------------
A to the K to 4 to the 7 little
devils dont go heaven Freedom got a AK
---------------------------------------

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Well, I don't know how difficult it WAS to model it, but I can assure you that it is already there! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

It happens very, very seldom, but the other night when I was chasing a 109 offline with a P-39, pounding it with the cannon suddenly the gear of the 109 dropped out of the wings after a 37mm-hit into the nose.. And I mean dropping, not the slow normal lowering of the gear. Never saw it before or after this. Unfortunately I was on 1.1b at the time, so the track I tried to make from it didn't work, but at least I made a screenshot.

(Hmm, no sense in posting it here, I guess, it's just a smoking 109 with gear down flying low over a forest after all, so I'm afraid you must take my word for it./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 05:20 PM
GH,

Check this out

http://www.blacksheepwebdesign.net/VirtualWarCinema/

A Place for Movie Making in IL-2 and other sims

S! Viper

<table style="filter:glow[color=red, strength=3"><tr><td> <font color=white>Viper
Commanding Officer VMF-513
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"
</font></td></tr></table>

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 10:03 PM
cool site!
thx viper!

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Back in the good ole days (pre FB) I was once on final aproach with a badly shot up IL-2. Upon trying to lower my gear I was given the message "Hydrolic failure", or something to that effect, and my gear wouldn't drop. I know it wasn't my imagination or that my gear had been blown off by enemy fire because the message was there plainly written out in front of me. It's only happened once though, never before, never since. I remember that particular flight and incident because it was the single most enjoyable experience I have had so far with this sim. Not that I'm having a lousy time with IL-2 in its current form, I'm just saying.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 11:43 PM
In FB my 1 time only damage experience was in a 109 taking a flak hit and my prop pitch governer/throttle went out, Engine seemed fine, sounded normal, but would could not change throttle position nor prop pitch as I recall.

In Il2 I was in a 109 and got the message "supercharger damaged" and lost a portion of my enigine power, never seen that since.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Yhea, i remember the the damaged supercharger from the first IL-2, never had it after patches.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 12:18 AM
I get gear failures regularly while flying the P-47. I have to use the manual lower gear function to get the gear down in time usually. Happens on the IL-2 occasionally as well. Never had any gear failures while flying german aircraft.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg