PDA

View Full Version : 1946 on external drive

jeffmorgan_947
07-03-2011, 03:09 AM
Hi. I'm about to install 1946 + patches onto my computer which now has Windows 7 as its OS.

Am I right in saying that I should not install down the default path of C drive, as this could be a problem when trying to play 46 and that an alternative drive would be better plan. I have a new large external drive which defaults as F drive.Should I direct the install to this drive and play from there, and does this mean that I will not have to alter any game files. I know I have asked a simular question in an earlier post,but I'm still not completely sure when it come to Windows 7. Sorry for being a bit of a wally,but I do like to try and get things right.Cheers. JM.

blairgowrie
07-03-2011, 03:43 AM
I play il2 from an external hard drive and it works fine. Load the game to c:\Games\il2 and not program files.

Tully__
07-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Any folder other than C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) will do, it can still be on C: drive.
If you prefer to use an external drive, that will also work and will make the installation portable (pending creation of a game shortcut and running of il2setup.exe on any computer you plug the drive in to).

jeffmorgan_947
07-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks both for the alternatives. JM.