PDA

View Full Version : Give high-tech solutions some benefit

jugent
12-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Some fighters in this game was eguipped with pressurized cockpits.
They should have benefit for this.
A a/c like the I-16 with a more exposured cockpit should get something like "wounded pilot" above lets say 5K, today its got benefit because of the good visibility.
I think that the Ta-152 got pressurized cockpit and therefore the great bars around the cockpit. The bars act as blinders and reduce the view very much, so the high-tech solution in this case is bad for the a/c.
I read that some modern a/c got heated ammo, to prevent freezing and malfunction. This must have incrased the weight.
Put in malfunction of cannons and MG:s for the a/c not equipped with the antifreeze device.

jugent
12-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Some fighters in this game was eguipped with pressurized cockpits.
They should have benefit for this.
A a/c like the I-16 with a more exposured cockpit should get something like "wounded pilot" above lets say 5K, today its got benefit because of the good visibility.
I think that the Ta-152 got pressurized cockpit and therefore the great bars around the cockpit. The bars act as blinders and reduce the view very much, so the high-tech solution in this case is bad for the a/c.
I read that some modern a/c got heated ammo, to prevent freezing and malfunction. This must have incrased the weight.
Put in malfunction of cannons and MG:s for the a/c not equipped with the antifreeze device.

rnzoli
12-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I would love to see the modelling of parts reliability, e.g., unexpected engine, gun, or instruments failures.

However
1) high-tech stuff is usually unreliably until it becomes mainstream (=produced and used in high quantities)
2) this would open a huge debate, because parts reliability data is not available, so all would have to be 'guessed', and everyone would guess in a different way.

Just imagine yourself, taking off in a Ta-152, climbing to 8.000m and then suddenly loosing oxigen supply and loosing conciousness in a matter of seconds. Wouldn't you start complaining that the reliability is wrongly modelled?

FoolTrottel
12-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Yep.

Bring on them Gremlins!

Would be nice if things just broke up for no appearent reason ... other than that it happened in reality.

(Wait a minute, some of it is modelled already. Put me in a plane and turn on CEM... some engine trouble will surely force me to RTB early http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif )

Have Fun!