PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk engine management

gates123
05-20-2004, 11:52 AM
From what I gathered flying yesterday in the TA and Spit IX is that the overheating issues people are complaining about are actually modeled much closer to historical accuracy. I never could understand is previous patches why I can run most planes full power up to 3000m w/no overheating. TA overheats at about 1500m full throttle. I think we got something that closer reflects true overheating. It also seems now that if you run mw-50 for more then 5-10 minutes your gonna fry the motor which is also historically right. I just wish we had a working mw-50 gauge to know when were at the edge of the tank. I fried a few motors yesterday running mw-50 for more then 5 minutes straight with rads open and prop pitch on manual. It's gonna take alot for finessing now but I embrace the closer to historic overheating changes.

http://www.flightjournal.com/images/index_photos/gunslinging.jpg
Did anyone see that or was it just me?

[This message was edited by gates123 on Thu May 20 2004 at 11:12 AM.]

gates123
05-20-2004, 11:52 AM
From what I gathered flying yesterday in the TA and Spit IX is that the overheating issues people are complaining about are actually modeled much closer to historical accuracy. I never could understand is previous patches why I can run most planes full power up to 3000m w/no overheating. TA overheats at about 1500m full throttle. I think we got something that closer reflects true overheating. It also seems now that if you run mw-50 for more then 5-10 minutes your gonna fry the motor which is also historically right. I just wish we had a working mw-50 gauge to know when were at the edge of the tank. I fried a few motors yesterday running mw-50 for more then 5 minutes straight with rads open and prop pitch on manual. It's gonna take alot for finessing now but I embrace the closer to historic overheating changes.

http://www.flightjournal.com/images/index_photos/gunslinging.jpg
Did anyone see that or was it just me?

[This message was edited by gates123 on Thu May 20 2004 at 11:12 AM.]

Heavy_Weather
05-20-2004, 12:13 PM
yep, i agree

"To fly a combat mission is not a trip under the moon. Every attack, every bombing is a dance with death."
- Serafima Amsova-Taranenko: Noggle, Ann (1994): A Dance with Death.