PDA

View Full Version : 3d Support

juancapuron
09-26-2011, 07:53 PM
We saw in the beta that acr will have sterostopic support in the ps3 but you think in the xbox will include same feature?

Blind2Society
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Please let 3D die...

SleezeRocker
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Please let 3D die...

*unsheathes hidden blade* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rileypoole1234
09-26-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure at all actually. I think I wouldn't use it though. It would be fun for a bit but after a long while I think it would give me a headache. We haven't had any word of it though.

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I know that AC:Brotherhood got 3-moniter support on the PC version, and that normally comes with 3D.

I expect the PC version of ACR to have the same features on the PC.

No idea about the PS3 or 360 however. I didn't even know they could do 3D.

cless711
09-27-2011, 02:37 AM
There is one thing i never understood with things like this...

3D = better game/movie?

I have to disagree with this =/ never liked 3D and never will.

Blind2Society
09-27-2011, 02:39 AM
^This, so this^

or rather, this v

Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Please let 3D die...

*unsheathes hidden blade* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Abeonis
09-27-2011, 03:28 AM
3D support would be nifty, but unfortunately, it usually results in a downgrade in image quality. Gears 3 has stereoscopic 3D available, but it drops the image from 720px to 540px...

AnthonyA85
09-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Well, aside from that 3d thing giving people headaches, can you guys who want it actually honestly say you'd have it on constently?

And speaking from a personal POV, I'd never use it even if it was implimented, due to a visual condition I have, I can't use the nessecary glasses.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Why would anyone want to play games in 3d?

Abeonis
09-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Why would anyone want to play games in 3d?

Depends on whether they can pull it off, the game genre etc. A FPS/TPS would benefit from 3D gameplay a lot more than AC...

masterfenix2009
09-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Why would anyone want to play games in 3d? eWell, the same reason people watch movies in 3d. I like 3d. But only GOOD 3D. I would like the game to come out of the TV. It is the closest to virtual reality.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Why would anyone want to play games in 3d? eWell, the same reason people watch movies in 3d. I like 3d. But only GOOD 3D. I would like the game to come out of the TV. It is the closest to virtual reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I still don't get why. I really think it's a useless feature, especially for games.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 05:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Why would anyone want to play games in 3d? eWell, the same reason people watch movies in 3d. I like 3d. But only GOOD 3D. I would like the game to come out of the TV. It is the closest to virtual reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I still don't get why. I really think it's a useless feature, especially for games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard that once you experience it with 3 monitors on your desk (set up to surround your vision practically) and on the highest settings of the games that it's actually quite amazing.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
I still don't get why. I really think it's a useless feature, especially for games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard that once you experience it with 3 monitors on your desk (set up to surround your vision practically) and on the highest settings of the games that it's actually quite amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, I'm sure it's amazing, but I still think it's useless. First of all I think it's a waste of money to buy 2 extra monitors, especially just for that.
Second, I just really don't see the point. To me 3d isn't any more impressive than any other graphical feature and I generally don't want to go through all the trouble of buying a 3d TV and 3d glasses just to get some extra graphical features. I actually care much more about things like surround sound.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I heard that once you experience it with 3 monitors on your desk (set up to surround your vision practically) and on the highest settings of the games that it's actually quite amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, I'm sure it's amazing, but I still think it's useless. First of all I think it's a waste of money to buy 2 extra monitors, especially just for that.
Second, I just really don't see the point. To me 3d isn't any more impressive than any other graphical feature and I generally don't want to go through all the trouble of buying a 3d TV and 3d glasses just to get some extra graphical features. I actually care much more about things like surround sound. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think both are relatively useless. I'll just take HD Sound and Video. I don't need it to be in 3D or surround me.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I think both are relatively useless. I'll just take HD Sound and Video. I don't need it to be in 3D or surround me.
yeah, surround sound is just as useless, but I like it since I'm more audio-oriented.

masterfenix2009
09-27-2011, 06:08 PM
I will never pay that much money either,but I still like it.

bveUSbve
09-28-2011, 12:49 AM
I suppose most of you are (quite) young and don't have their own income? And haven't experienced a really good 3D-setup (on PC, with a 3D-compatible game and for more than some minutes)?
That would explain your ignorance. To some degree.

3D for consoles indeed seems questionable, because they simply don't have the power to deliver 3D in high quality. Nonetheless, even regarding consoles there is absolutely no reason why anyone would deny others the pleasure to play with 3D enabled if that's what they want. For the developers it's primarily a matter of knowing what's important to make graphics which work well in 3D. No BIG investment of time or manpower required. So why not just do it, for those who appreciate it?

I'm a Nvidia '3D Vision' user for a few months now, and I must say it contributes heavily to my enjoyment of game visuals - if a game "works" sufficiently well in 3D. I know some people wouldn't like it that much or even not at all, even if they could try it for a longer period of time on a powerful 3D setup.
But again: It's ok to be ignorant about this feature or to not want it after unbiased trial - but why being so destructive and say things like "let 3D die"? That's extremely selfish. And dumb.

Cpt_Yanni
09-28-2011, 01:53 AM
My personal opinion is that 3D offers an unique and cool experience if you have a good set-up. I played Crysis 2 in 3D and it was quite good. Best experience I've had are the 3D Blu Rays because they hardly suffer of crosstalk.

I certainly would want to experience AC: Revelations in 3D on my PS3. To have depth in a game or movie, is really cool in my opinion! So yes please, bring 3D to AC: R Ubisoft! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thedeadman_47
10-03-2011, 09:47 AM
i think it is almost official obout ACR getting 3d support (at least for ps3) as the latest box art shows it quite clearly for the ps3 unfortunatly no news about pc or xbox360 getting any 3d support here it is on ign (check the box art on it) http://ps3.ign.com/objects/093/093900.html