PDA

View Full Version : Wish list?

ladlon
03-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Where should I post a 'general' wish list... not necessarily for just PF, but any IL2 games (or flight combat sims they may make)?

My tiny contribution is simply this... Little people running out of attacked buildings (as they do with some vehicals). Don't need to be complex or be able to be hit... and they can fade away as they run... Just would be really 'immersive' (and cool) to have a little chaos and life down there...

Seems trivial... but I think it would add a lot... Granted it's a (minor) CPU hit... and arguably 'unnecessary for the simulation of air combat, etc'... but then again, so is nice water, when you think of it (...Don't get me wrong, I WANT the nice water!... and nice sunsets!.... and nice explosions!)

So, Oleg, if you're listening... Please put in little scattering people!

(Well, it was worth a shot...)

ladlon
03-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Where should I post a 'general' wish list... not necessarily for just PF, but any IL2 games (or flight combat sims they may make)?

My tiny contribution is simply this... Little people running out of attacked buildings (as they do with some vehicals). Don't need to be complex or be able to be hit... and they can fade away as they run... Just would be really 'immersive' (and cool) to have a little chaos and life down there...

Seems trivial... but I think it would add a lot... Granted it's a (minor) CPU hit... and arguably 'unnecessary for the simulation of air combat, etc'... but then again, so is nice water, when you think of it (...Don't get me wrong, I WANT the nice water!... and nice sunsets!.... and nice explosions!)

So, Oleg, if you're listening... Please put in little scattering people!

(Well, it was worth a shot...)

elphifou
03-03-2006, 11:02 PM
mmm... better use the "Oleg's ready room" forum for that.

There's a sticky there called "Per popular request, your ideas for improvement of IL-2 series and future sims."

ladlon
03-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Will do. Thanks...

AussieGreen
03-03-2006, 11:19 PM
not a bad idea somthing else for the wish list would be for the planes shadow to flow over the building i noticed this slight omission when flying low very low. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ladlon
03-03-2006, 11:24 PM
I haven't noticed that yet. Seems like that would be a bit tricky (relatively speaking)... I have noticed that tanks going over a bridge will have their shadows go kind of funky. A bit of a 'pull out of the immersion' moment... but probably a bit of programming nightmare to deal with, I'd think...

But, ya, that would be cool...

Skycat_2
03-03-2006, 11:41 PM
I have two small wishes. One is easy and the other is more difficult but neccessary:

1. Make the chair in the P-47D and D-27 green instead of fire engine red. I know it is cosmetic and not even noticed in normal flying views, but it bugs me every time I look over my shoulder. This could be so easy to fix in my opininion.

2. Make it so that Normandy trains actually follow the rails. Have you ever gone train hunting and found one out in the middle of nowhere with no tracks in view? It happens too frequently. I've also seen them go right into rivers.