PDA

View Full Version : so where does the black plug go??

stugumby
04-25-2007, 10:48 AM
it seems I am doomed by modern technology, bought a basic logitech non usb headset and on back of old computer it has a lime green connection (speaker) and a blue in conection, and a pink (mike)so obvious as logitech has pink to pink but no way to hook up black which has a headphone stamped on it. new computer has oodles of audio the black will be rear speaker and mike. soo slightly stumped, i have installed teamspeak but havent connected yet, still trying to figure all this out. Once i get into the in game settigns what do i set radio to, voice activated or mic click, it has a small mute button on the mike cord?

PBNA-Boosher
04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Would it be possible for you to take pictures of the plugs and the outlets? That would help me help you.

clayman_52
04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Pick up a splitter, run it out of the green connector ... plug your speakers and headphones into that.

I had the same problem on my last box, cheap solution and worked great too. I also picked up an in-line volume jack and ran that to the headphones.

WB_Outlaw
04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Plug the headphones into the speaker out of the sound card. If you don't have a noise cancelling mic, PLEASE DO NOT use speakers in addition to the headphones.

Please DO NOT use voice activated as it sucks for everyone having to listen to the ambient (and sometimes not so ambient) noises around you. Use push-to-talk and assign a key in the TS software.

--Outlaw.

Bearcat99
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
You should have gotten a USB headset... Wait..... are you trying to use in game comms? If so.... no one does.... Try Teamspeak.

stugumby
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
yes i should have bought usb but 50-50 on my previuos post said avoid usb! hence my purchase of a basic 2 plug logitech. This will be put on my old compaq 6420 with ac-97 card, finally got into teamspeak just before leaving for work.. so i have some questions.
1. bandwitdth: what should it be set to? i picked middle settings.
2. dont use voice activated, and have set N as key for transmit.
3. do i use wave or direct sound? would ideally like to have just mike plugged in and use speakers for all sound but already have some teamspeak language overheard.
4. is there a red/blue team setting for teamspeak, or is everyone listening in all the time?

no problem getting a usb model, will go to radio shack/best buy tomorrow. can always use older one on old computer and tv/dvd player etc.

Bearcat99
04-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Did you see the link that I posted in your other thread? If you go to Best Buy get that behind the head Altec Lansing. The USB part is detatchable... looks like a flash drive with two holes in it. If the headphones that come with it break as they all eventually do, You can use the regular miniRCA Logitechs you have now. If you aren't planning on listening to the sim through the headphones and only want to use it for comms.... USB is the way to go.

1. bandwitdth: what should it be set to? i picked middle settings.

We use 64..
2. dont use voice activated, and have set N as key for transmit.

I use LCTRL.... I try to keep the other keys free in case I want to program something.

3. do i use wave or direct sound? would ideally like to have just mike plugged in and use speakers for all sound but already have some teamspeak language overheard.

We use wave....

4. is there a red/blue team setting for teamspeak, or is everyone listening in all the time?

That all depends on the server. Most do have seperate rooms.

You might also want to adjust the codec in SETTINGS>Sound IN/OUT... a drop down menu will appear... we use the 12.3 codec... but you can pick the one that is best for you.

There are also other great features to TS... but get it set up 1st. Dont forget to look at that other thread for the screen I showed you... and set the IN/Out accordingly.

K_Freddie
04-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by stugumby:
..logitech...

AAAAARRRGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif