PDA

View Full Version : Why test on Crimea?

Adlerangriff
10-25-2005, 06:14 PM
when in the FMB you get this on that map:

#####housewithoutcollision.(3do/Buildings/Port/Floor/live.sim)

this message is also present on the Finland, Kursk & Kurland Maps.

what does this mean and is performance on servers or machines impacted by this? Other maps dont seem to have this.

Anyone have any idea?

Adlerangriff
10-25-2005, 06:14 PM
when in the FMB you get this on that map:

#####housewithoutcollision.(3do/Buildings/Port/Floor/live.sim)

this message is also present on the Finland, Kursk & Kurland Maps.

what does this mean and is performance on servers or machines impacted by this? Other maps dont seem to have this.

Anyone have any idea?

FritzGryphon
10-25-2005, 07:00 PM
It's just you. Probably a bad patch install or something. Not to do with the maps, but the fact the broken house model is on those maps.

As for why to test on Crimea; Oleg said the altitude model is better on it than other maps. It also has moderate temperatures rather than extreme cold or hot. Most importantly, so everyone tests using the same map, rather than different ones.

Adlerangriff
10-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Try it.

load Crimea map

shift + tab

I bet you see something like that. Map loads fine, play seems fine on some maps, smoother on others. Leningrad map has 4 of these. What is a memory leak?

FritzGryphon
10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I use Crimea map often and frequently task switch, and have never had this crash.

The sole time I've ever had any loading error, was when I installed a wrong patch.

Adlerangriff
10-30-2005, 04:12 PM
I said message in the console.

What are you talking about "crash"?

Try it and read you have it also. 1 line of error message text. No crash. Leningrad has 4 lines.

What is a memory leak and can it be caused by an overlap of some grafics on the map? Is this why we have Kurland online versions that have fewer messages in the console than the regular version?

noshens
10-30-2005, 11:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adlerangriff:
I said message in the console.

What are you talking about "crash"?

Try it and read you have it also. 1 line of error message text. No crash. Leningrad has 4 lines.

What is a memory leak and can it be caused by an overlap of some grafics on the map? Is this why we have Kurland online versions that have fewer messages in the console than the regular version? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
memory leak is when new heaps are created in memory but the old ones aren't deleted. So they pile up and use up all of your memory. In other words, bad coding.

vanjast
11-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Nah Nah Nah..

Memory Leak = when that waxy stuff pours out your ears ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif