PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946 and DIEmwin?

Mitch_A
01-17-2008, 05:17 PM
I just purchased IL2 1946 and now everytime I shut down my PC I get an error about DIEmwin will not shut down. I have NEVER seen this prior to IL2 1946 and Im NONE too happy...

After spending half an hour on google all I can find are more questions of which the VAST majority of responses are in Russian. A coincidence or a virus?

Has the "Cold War" restarted without us?

crucislancer
01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Did you run a recently updated virus scan?

I've never heard of that, and I seriously doubt that IL-2 caused it.

Waldo.Pepper
01-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Likely a bug Bad one too by all that I have read lately. Good luck.

Hope you did not open a spam email lately - maybe?

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=177069

Mitch_A
01-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Downloaded IL2 1946 this AM and now it's there... Wasn't before and I have a clean image to prove it.

Funny how most of the google hits are Russian. But no, it couldnt be IL2 1946.... Sheeesh...

I shouldnt expect much more than the typical fanboy response here anyway.... CYAS

Waldo.Pepper
01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
fu2 ****wad

crucislancer
01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Mitch_A:
Downloaded IL2 1946 this AM and now it's there... Wasn't before and I have a clean image to prove it.

Funny how most of the google hits are Russian. But no, it couldnt be IL2 1946.... Sheeesh...

I shouldnt expect much more than the typical fanboy response here anyway.... CYAS

Despite the fact that you're being a meathead, I'm going to try to help you out.

First off, you said nothing about downloading IL-2 in your first post. Where did you get it? From ubi.com? Direct-2-drive?

Also, did you bother to google it? It took me 5 minutes to figure out that this might be related to ATI graphics cards, and maybe integrated graphics at that.

Do you have a ATI graphics card?

Perhaps in the future, you won't be so quick to judge what the problem is, and you might do a little homework before complaining. Other folks have downloaded versions of the game and don't have any problems with it.

I have the disc, and no issues. Ever. In fact, this is the first I've heard of Diemwin, and I'm sure it would have made the rounds on this forum if the game was loading a bizarre exe.

Waldo.Pepper
01-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately; UbiSoft Technical Support can not provide information for editing the game in any way. Please refer to your LICENSE AGREEMENT for more information. It may be possible to find answers to common modification questions on some of our fan sites, or from posting a message on the fan-lead forums at our website.

Reply-09MAY07 2047 EDT
Refer to Incident: 070508-000070
IL2FB.Exe v4.08m (from US download) does not unload from memory.

Greetings Again
The situation I (and others) are having is that IL2FB.Exe (v4.08m from US download) does not unload from memory after closing the program;
1. if loading the second time after a fresh reboot, or
2. if conf.ini is edited manually, or
3. if the conf.ini is accessed, or
4. if the in game editor (il2set.exe) accesses the conf.ini file, or
5. if Internet Explorer (IE7) is opened prior to loading IL2 ...

It appears that IL2FB.exe rewrites conf.ini and a couple of other files. This situation does not happen using the disc version patched to IL2-PE2 (v4.05m). I have/had many copies of IL2. A major selling (referral) point has always been that this program can easily be modified to suit your hardware configuration.

I have loaded/unloaded a number of games today and none have any apparent problem, let alone a similar one. This is the only one that was using Trymedia as a DRM.

The actual problem I suspect is the DRM through IL2 is trying access the internet using windows messenger, therefore is not allowing the program to unload (DIEmWin.exe). In any event the PC is either frozen or cannot access the internet until rebooting (and killing the DIEmWIN.exe error) or clearing IL2FB.exe in task manager. I am not sure what program was used to compile IL2FB.exe this time, so I am not sure how to debug it.

quote:
Category: Network Activities Date,Message,Details
5/9/2007 5:13:22 PM,No logged in account. The present default action is to block communications. Local address is PRAXIS-IV (ip.xxx.xxx.xx)(12823). Process name is C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe.
5/9/2007 5:13:19 PM,An instance of C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe is preparing to access the Internet.
5/9/2007 5:11:54 PM,An instance of C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe is preparing to access the Internet.
5/9/2007 5:11:12 PM,No logged in account. The present default action is to block communications. Local address is PRAXIS-IV(ip.xxx.xxx.xx)(13935). Process name is C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe.
5/9/2007 5:11:09 PM,An instance of C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe is preparing to access the Internet.
5/9/2007 5:09:08 PM,No logged in account. The present default action is to block communications. Local address is PRAXIS-IV(ip.xxx.xxx.xx)(12385). Process name is C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe.
5/9/2007 5:09:02 PM,An instance of C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe is preparing to access the Internet.
5/9/2007 5:09:02 PM,An instance of C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe is preparing to access the Internet.
5/9/2007 5:07:38 PM,An instance of C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe is preparing to access the Internet. q

Current workaround still appears to be to clear process (IL2FB.exe) in task manager.

From here.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/6001068545

No need to thank me for doing a simple search of the forum for you. (Something I guess was beyond you.)

Mitch_A
01-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Sorry to be such a F***wad but Jesus H christ it's not like this is a "NEW" game. It's a fn patch to FB and YOU ALL KNOW IT.

Obviously (now) it's not a trojan but why "I" had to research this is complete **** and shows a complete lack of even basic testing.

I don't use an ATI graphics card but obviously this is related to the graphics card releasing the driver. Again this shouldnt be "MY" worry.

I must edit the conf.ini to gain 16X9 support. Yet another sign of an aging game engine being resold yet again when the reality is its time has long passed.

It's not beyond me Waldo but goddammit I shouldnt have to. What part of that dont you follow? Would you buy a new Chevy that YOU had to climb under and fix? I hardly think so.

This is WHY the PC gaming industry is puking blood. Useless software written by greedy *******s.

So let me get this straght. I BUY a game. Then I spend 10 hours figuring out why its completely hosed my perfectly running machine then when I utter a complaint Im called names?

Ubisoft/Oleg should be paying ME to research their **** code. My bill is now over $500 based on my hourly rate.

But Im supposed to "be happy" and kiss arse....

What world do you fn live in where this is OK?

crucislancer
01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Sorry to be such a F***wad but Jesus H christ it's not like this is a "NEW" game. It's a fn patch to FB and YOU ALL KNOW IT.

Obviously (now) it's not a trojan but why "I" had to research this is complete **** and shows a complete lack of even basic testing.

I don't use an ATI graphics card but obviously this is related to the graphics card releasing the driver. Again this shouldnt be "MY" worry.

I must edit the conf.ini to gain 16X9 support. Yet another sign of an aging game engine being resold yet again when the reality is its time has long passed.

It's not beyond me Waldo but goddammit I shouldnt have to. What part of that dont you follow? Would you buy a new Chevy that YOU had to climb under and fix? I hardly think so.

This is WHY the PC gaming industry is puking blood. Useless software written by greedy *******s.

So let me get this straght. I BUY a game. Then I spend 10 hours figuring out why its completely hosed my perfectly running machine then when I utter a complaint Im called names?

Ubisoft/Oleg should be paying ME to research their **** code. My bill is now over $500 based on my hourly rate.

If you had read the topic that Waldo posted, you would see that Oleg had nothing to do with it. Il-2 1946 is stable, it's the download version that ubisoft made that's the problem.

No one called you names until you copped the attitude. If you want to complain and point fingers, talk to ubisoft. We, here, are just "fanboys". You barked up the wrong tree, and you got hosed for it. Get over it.

If you've had any experience with PC games, and I figure that you have, since you've spend some time on the ubi forums, then you should understand that PC games, in some cases, require a bit of work to get them to run. Other times, it's smooth as glass.

If you think that the game is too old for you to play, don't play it. No one twisted your arm to download it. As far as it being "resold", that was pretty obvious from the start. Again, you are complaining about stuff you should have known ahead of time before downloading the game. Did you bother to do any research? It doesn't sound like it.

You are acting like a child that demands to get his way, and you expect us to go "gee, sorry about that, love to help?". Get a grip, pal.

Mitch_A
01-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Um no Im not going to "get over it". Had I been "given" the game then I don;t have a voice. Unfortunately that isn;t the case and I did "PAY".

You on the other hand are USELESS... Look at your first post. Uh, did you install anti-virus software cause ya know I uh never heard of that... STFU moron...

DrHerb
01-18-2008, 10:52 AM
IBTL......IBTB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

crucislancer
01-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Um no Im not going to "get over it". Had I been "given" the game then I don;t have a voice. Unfortunately that isn;t the case and I did "PAY".

You on the other hand are USELESS... Look at your first post. Uh, did you install anti-virus software cause ya know I uh never heard of that... STFU moron...

Well, I was right. You are 12.

-HH- Beebop
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/HH_Beebop/Personal/Whatamaroon.jpg

FoolTrottel
01-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey, c'mon, the guy just a bit frustrated!

Me thinks we'd all get that frustrated if we all measured the time we spend on gaming in dollars/euros/whatever currency http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

My bill is now over $500 based on my hourly rate.

-HH- Beebop
01-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Frustration is one thing. Calling people who were only trying to help F-in morons is quite another.

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-18-2008, 03:05 PM

Ok, I've been helping people troubleshoot this game for quite awhile now and this is a new issue to me. If it's not YOUR responsibility to troubleshoot a problem on your pc then who's responsibility is it?! It's certainly not ours, you posted here asking for our help, not the other way round. You would get plenty of help around here but you went off on us, for trying to help, when you asked us, WTF man?! You downloaded a program, installed it, getting a strange error and have to troubleshoot, welcome to the wide world of pc's dude, it happens. All you can do is try to fix it, don't say it's maddoxes fault, or our fault or anyones fault, with pc's @#$ just happens man.

Waldo.Pepper
01-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I understand frustration. (Believe me I UNDERSTAND FRUSTRATION!)

And I'm human(ish). I don't always think before I type. You said the magic word. FWIW you're ok in my books.

crucislancer
01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
If I did anything moronic, it was attempting to help this guy in the first place, against my better judgement. For that, I'll wear the dunce cap for a bit.

mbfRoy
01-19-2008, 09:44 AM
lol!

PF_Coastie
01-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Is this an aging game? YES!

Is it going to have a few bugs for SOME people? YES!

Is it worth the trouble to do some reserch then pay for it and then do some more research to get it working properly? That is entirely up to each individual!

Is this the best WWII combat flight sim in existence? Yes!

Is the developer busy with a completely new game engine to replace this aging one? YES!

Is all of this worth it to YOU?

That is the question!

If not, CYA.

If so, then stick around and get some help from the best Forum that Ubisoft has ever had by a huge margin. We will help you, its up to you.

Dance
01-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Ok we're going down, toys spotted outside pram, there's no fighter cover, help yourself.

DuxCorvan
01-19-2008, 04:09 PM
STFU, Moron.

Nice sign, Moron, thanks for signing with your real name.

Sincerely, Tenderly and Frankly Urs, Dux.