PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible for the map editor to have DLC?

swill69
06-25-2011, 12:22 PM
I Would Buy Every DLC For Farcry If It Was Focused On The Map Editor!

Tell me what you think and what would you like to see put into Farcry's dlc

Fallen-Champ
06-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Nowadays it seems a lot of games actually have the DLC on the actual disc which can be unlocked at a later date (at a cost to the user via PSN / Xbox Live)

I am unsure about PC (did they charge for the Fortunes Pack on PC?) I thought most content on PC was free - but then I never game on my computer so I would not know.

With Far Cry 2 they made a major screw up on the DLC side, the Fortunes Pack was half ok - it had 3 weapons which I really liked, a Quad and a Unimog Vehicle and a few Multiplayer Levels for Ranked (nothing special)

They dropped the ball because the weapons and vehicles could not be used in User Made Maps, if these could have been used in our own creations then people would not have complained so much - but the biggest Boo Boo was no extra Brush/Item sets for the editor, Had they introduced new content which we could have used for creating our maps then it would have been a success and they would have done well with the DLC.

That is what they need to do with FC3 - Make a ton of extra Themes with individual sets/pieces for the editor, More Vehicles and Weapons and some other goodies thrown in and they have a result.

If the content is already on the disc but locked then anyone who makes a map with the newly purchased DLC could host their map and it would work for anyone wanting to join who does not have the DLC - Only those that purchase it can use the extra items in their user made maps.

Any Ubisoft Maps that come in form of DLC would have to be purchased to play in Multiplayer Games.

FlyNChipmunks
06-26-2011, 03:57 PM
i think it can be done. If they Make it I WILL PAY!

MrKidKarmaL7
06-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by LAMBCHOP1972:
....If the content is already on the disc but locked then anyone who makes a map with the newly purchased DLC could host their map and it would work for anyone wanting to join who does not have the DLC - Only those that purchase it can use the extra items in their user made maps.

I so agree with everything that you have said. I wanted dlc for FC2 for so long MAP DLC pack with different themes would BEso needed UBI. Even if only map editor had access to the content normal FC3 should be able to play it download but not edit without buy the dlc map theme packs. Also when you publish your map online strangers can not edit your map(s) without email/messaging you for permission.

Fallen-Champ
06-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Also when you publish your map online strangers can not edit your map(s) without email/messaging you for permission.

No need for Emails MrKidKarmaL7, all they need is a tick box which says allow other users to edit this map.

Have the box as default empty (locked)
If you want to allow others to work on your map then simply tick the box.

If at a later date you want others to add something to your map then re-publish it and tick the box to allow this.

It's that simple.

jibbermann13
06-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Dlc for the map editor would be great,just thinking of some themes they could make available.
Military,farm,carnival,aviation,the list goes on.

zeeEVIL1
06-29-2011, 08:09 AM
THis has always been a point of failure for Ubisoft. In this day and age, major releases should have a plan in place that includes periodic DLC.
Especially in a game that has a creation tool.

A key to DLC for the Editor, is to not me so married to the Tropical Island theme. That is great for the single player game. And for the Ubi provided maps, but for the Editor, the sky should be the limit. Especially after FC2 users produced over 200,000 maps just for that game and only about 5% of them stayed with the African Theme.

Ubi should provide brushes for the editor that could be taken from their other games and turned into brushes.

DLC would continually sell.

The only thing that would need to be included in the programming would be something that when a user tries to open a map using DLC components, have the Editor prevent them from opening and editing the map because they do not have the (insert name) brush pack and then it offers to let them DL it.

Playing maps using these brushes should not be a problem since you are DLing the map itself and not just the brushes. so since they are already locked to the map, they are a part of it.

IgniterRC
07-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by zeeEVIL1:

Playing maps using these brushes should not be a problem since you are DLing the map itself and not just the brushes. so since they are already locked to the map, they are a part of it.

Before FC2 came out, one of the devs mentioned that you do not download the actual map you download settings(instructions). So basically the brushes are loaded from each players disc and the maps are drawn from settings.

For map editor items to be dlc, they would probable have to be given to every player as a forced update and then people pay for the privilege to use them. I could be wrong but this is how I understand it.