PDA

View Full Version : Who here is still only 15 years old?

Waldo.Pepper
06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Consider this, and count your lucky stars.

http://www3.telus.net/public/a5a03316/vickmaster/sweet15.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/public/a5a03316/vickmaster/Nazichopper.jpg

fordfan25
06-20-2005, 12:18 AM
please. i was in desert storm when i was 3 1/2. i flew A-10s lol

HotelBushranger
06-20-2005, 04:39 AM
I'm 14 and 9 months old. A kid the same age went to fight at Gallipoli in WW1. Bloody hell.

Jumoschwanz
06-20-2005, 06:15 AM
My wife's father lied about his age and joined the army during WWII at age sixteen. He went to Europe and fought over there for the duration.

S!

Jumoschwanz

masaker2005
06-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
I'm 14 and 9 months old. A kid the same age went to fight at Gallipoli in WW1. Bloody hell.

You are just 3 months older than me... Am I the youngest here?

DuxCorvan
06-20-2005, 07:17 AM
My g/f's grandfather was assasinated by anarchist militia forces during Spanish Civil War when he was a POW. He was just 17. Nonetheless, he had managed to be a sixteen-year-old father -my g/f's father was his son.

LEBillfish
06-20-2005, 07:38 AM
I can tell you for a fact children from 6 up still to this day are used all over the world in skirmishes/revolutions/wars. Be it to slip messages through, run ammo, sometimes even having a gun thrust in their hands and just told to shoot "that way".

Though normally in third world countries I can also state that "World Powers" forces will also utilize the local children often to degrees you wouldn't believe as they are "expendable and not their own" that view often held by all sides.

That said, it is not meant to trump the initiating post, yet simply to show how "flexible" moralities become in times of crisis.

Sadly, most teen males if given the chance would jump at the idea of rushing off to war obviously just seeing the "glory, excitement, and perhaps more so the chance to leapfrog to adult".

No shame on the children, shame on those adults though who either let them "slip through" into harms way or worse still "press" them into service.....Coincidentally, the ones letting them slip by or often pressing them in out of harms way.......go figure.

9th_Spitin
06-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Talking about "KIDS" in the military >>>>> America's Army. The game is made by the US Army and distributed free for what reason? They want our kids to play these games and get all excited about being a soldier without knowing any real pain (mental or physical). The ARMY is desensitizing our children.

sapre
06-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 9th_Spitin:
Talking about "KIDS" in the military >>>>> America's Army. The game is made by the US Army and distributed free for what reason? They want our kids to play these games and get all excited about being a soldier without knowing any real pain (mental or physical). The ARMY is desensitizing our children.

Do you seriously believe someone is going to join the army after playing that game?

neil_1821
06-20-2005, 11:39 AM
I had the Il 2 sturmovik game as soon as it came out, now i'm 16 and i hear that people went to war at 16 and to be truethful i would really love to have flown in the battle of britain and in any other scenario, just for the feel of the aeroplane

Gawwad
06-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 9th_Spitin:

I belive it's more about the propaganda.
To make the children trust in the might of the US army...

Clan_Graham
06-20-2005, 02:15 PM
15 !!!!!!
I have underwear that old !!!!

Call_me_Kanno
06-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by neil_1821:
I had the Il 2 sturmovik game as soon as it came out, now i'm 16 and i hear that people went to war at 16 and to be truethful i would really love to have flown in the battle of britain and in any other scenario, just for the feel of the aeroplane

Ahhh. I remember when I had those same feelings. Thats very noble gesture young man. I hope you never get to do that. Just take some flying lessons and enjoy flight in peace.

bolillo_loco
06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
well to be fair, all the children used in war would have been much older, but when they were born they were real young.

blakduk
06-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Clan_Graham:
15 !!!!!!
I have underwear that old !!!!

Probably time to wash it then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Crash_Moses
06-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by sapre:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 9th_Spitin:

Do you seriously believe someone is going to join the army after playing that game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Considering the success of first person shooters (Medal of Honor, Call to Duty, etc.) the American military hardly needs to advertise the glories of war. It's more of a recruiting tool than anything else. (They get your e-mail address AND your age. Surprise!)

Anyone interested in the only real reason to enlist (IMHO) should read Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein. I did and spent five years in the Marines.

blakduk
06-20-2005, 08:57 PM
The really scary thing is that thinking back to when i was 15- i probably would have gone too. I would have loved the chance to go and blow things up, besides i would have done anything to get out of that little country town i grew up in. At the time of WW2 a lot of young guys thought the same.
Armies love young soldiers- they learn quicker, question less, heal faster, are more prone to peer group pressure, and a sad rule-of-thumb is that the younger they are the more brutal they tend to become.
Older cynical b*stards like myself dont take too well to being told what to do so luckily we're not wanted as much.

WarWolfe_1
06-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Anyone here hunt? I shot my first deer at 9 years old. To this very day I still feel that thrill.

I use to think of myself at the stick of the MIGHTY thunderbolt....But not now. I can still see the look on the face of the last deer I shot.

What if I knew it was a person in there?

For a good Read look at Enders Game,by Orson Scott Card.....It will give you a insite to the mind of children at war, and why young men are our most impotant asset in times of war.

I HIGHLY recommend this book to Everyone.

Crash_Moses
06-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Excellent read WarWolfe_1. Don't forget the sequels, "Ender's Shadow" and "Speaker for the Dead".

MS_Siwarrior
06-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Im only 14 and 1 month, but going to Gallipoly at 14 and 9 months wow, thats one brave 14yr old.

HotelBushranger
06-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Im only 14 and 1 month, but going to Gallipoly at 14 and 9 months wow, thats one brave 14yr old.

Bl00dy oath. Unfortunately, he died 6 weeks later, of entric fever. Brave bloke, but thats what it was like back then. Even now, I wanna go off to war for some reason. Beign completely honest here, its not so much as killing other people, but the comeraderie you get with brothers-in-arms, which in my opinion is one of the best things you can experience. I get a taste of it with the AAFC, and I'm lovin it.
But then again, I'm just a naive little kid right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

TROOPER117
06-21-2005, 07:16 AM
I left school at 15 and went straight into the army!
Got 3 a week to spend, as the rest was put away and only given to me when I went on leave. Can you imagine what its like to find yourself going on leave at 15 years old and the pay sergeant hands you nearly 200 to spend!!!
If I did wrong I got well and truly 'beasted' by S/NCO's, and no, it wasn't bullying. It helped turn me into a professional soldier, and helped me grow up really fast.
Enjoyed every minute of my career and would do it all again!

Regards...Dave S.

neil_1821
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Way ahead of you Call_me_Kanno, i've had nearly 20 hours of flying c152's, passed my air law and navigation and have had 2 1/2 hours flying solo.
It's great fun, i'm going along on my own looking around wondering how they spotted enemy planes especially if your higher than they are because everything blends in on the ground. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have been in a war plane chasing someone, firing your cannons at them and seeing it blow up. I suppose the sim is the closet most of us can ever get unless we fork out 3000 for half an hour in the two seater spit in england.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-21-2005, 11:37 AM
H3ll, three of my five kids are over 15!

TB

RAF74_Poker
06-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by sapre:
Do you seriously believe someone is going to join the army after playing that game?

Well ......... to show you the mental capacity of some - try this:
I'm in the army recruiters office, talking about joining the army. A guy walks in, and tells the recruiter (that he'd previously been talking to) he's decided that in fact he's going to join the Marines.
The recruiter tells him congratulations, sorry you didn't pick the Army, but why exactly had he decided on the Marines ?
The answer: The Marines have nicer uniforms !! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Nothing against the Marines, but if you're elcting to join a service by the niceness of the uniform ... you're gonna be in a world of hurt .. especially if it's the Marines !
I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall for his boot camp !

actionhank1786
06-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Hey that Marcam is some hot stuff!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Actionhank/BDU-marpat20raid-2.jpg

But, anyways. I had a teacher in Jr. High (wow that was 4 or 5 years back...) that was a soldier in Vietnam. He didn't a lot of behind enemy lines activity. And he said the worst thing he ever experienced was having the cut the throat of a 7 year old boy who was standing sentry.
That stuff would be hard to live with, but i guess if it's between the life of an enemy, and the life of you and your squad, you've got to make that kind of decision

sapre
06-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by RAF74_Poker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sapre:

Well ......... to show you the mental capacity of some - try this:
I'm in the army recruiters office, talking about joining the army. A guy walks in, and tells the recruiter (that he'd previously been talking to) he's decided that in fact he's going to join the Marines.
The recruiter tells him congratulations, sorry you didn't pick the Army, but why exactly had he decided on the Marines ?
The answer: The Marines have nicer uniforms !! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Nothing against the Marines, but if you're elcting to join a service by the niceness of the uniform ... you're gonna be in a world of hurt .. especially if it's the Marines !
I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall for his boot camp ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

AStotzer
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by bolillo_loco:
well to be fair, all the children used in war would have been much older, but when they were born they were real young. My Mom thought I was too young to be born. Thank God Dad said "Go ahead honey, we're quick learners". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

YAKMAN1968
06-22-2005, 08:46 AM
I joined the Army @ 17 1/2 spent 13 1/2 years in. My younger brother joined the Navy @ 15 3/4 as an apprentice.