PDA

View Full Version : how the Telescopic sight should "work" ?!

JG53Frankyboy
01-08-2005, 06:23 AM

JG53Frankyboy
01-08-2005, 06:23 AM
not realy important, but nevertheless, with propably comming maps these planes , espacially Oscars, will become more important.

the Divebomber Telescopic sight should work like now.
it question are the Fighter ones , actually the Ki-43-I & F2A-2 so far.

the positive fact of F2A-2 kind is that you can much better check your six. and my personal opinion is that you can aim good enough with maximum zoom in gunsight view. the pixles of the sight lines should only a little bit lesser.
also there is no realy telescopic funktion , the aimed planes is actually always at the same size on your screen.

the rearcheck in Ki-43-I is realy bad , because you have always the huge headrest in front of your "nose".

so, whats your opinion. perhaps Maddox would change something, who knows.

x__CRASH__x
01-08-2005, 02:48 PM
I'd rather have a solid gunsight than those ridiculous telescopes.

JG7_Rall
01-08-2005, 02:56 PM
No pilot put his eyes RIGHT up against it. Maybe some did. But that'd kill, esp. in maneuvers when you bump hard into it lol. Maybe you could argue that it should be closer than it is in the F2A, but I think its fine.

WUAF_Badsight
01-08-2005, 05:35 PM
RL view would have your mind concious of what was in the telesopes view but would also have your mind tracking the bandit your engaged with

& yourd fire as the telesope went over your target

having the best of both options would be the best way to have telesope sights represented on our 2D screens

WWMaxGunz
01-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Full Zoom view in these series sims is and always has been the real normal view, how
large things would be. All the others are zoom-out to get wider view. Fix that?

Atomic_Marten
01-09-2005, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WWMaxGunz:
Full Zoom view in these series sims is and always has been the real normal view, how
large things would be. All the others are zoom-out to get wider view. Fix that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh. Than it would take quite some time to get used to 'new system'. Also, imagine full zoom if that happens? Geez, I would be scared by the size of full zoomed B29 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif.

Nevertheless, good idea..

About telescopic sight, voted 'Oscar' way.. at first it looks silly, but now I'm used to it. F2A? Well I did not fly that bird much, but in few times that I try it out in QMB, must say that I somewhat dislike that gunsight.