PDA

View Full Version : The health bar..........

Real720
03-31-2006, 02:51 PM
If the fans start disliking the new health bar idea, will the developers rethink about it and add a new one before release?

Edit: The idea of adding a "rechargeable" health system kinda gets me shaking in my boots, only without the boots. I hope that the innovations in general won't make the game too easy. The fans, including me, desire a tactical genre which is as "tactical" as games like Raven Shield and GRAW.

Real720
04-03-2006, 01:09 PM
I hope that Goliath will reply soon.

Akedo
04-04-2006, 01:04 AM
well from what i have seen... except for rb63 (with the 50 cal sniper) giving an option to turn it on or off) the devs do not respond to the fans or fix ANY of the problems we tell them about... not a single real problem was fixed in lockdown.. then... they released a whole other GAME with THE SAME PROBLEMS and NEW ones!!!!! look.. watch that dev video on vegas..it says it ALL they talk about the fact that training makes everyone move the same/look alike.. but then say we want a more "HOLLYWOOD" or cinema feel to it... wow i dont really have to say anything more... but i shall ;-) this series started out soo well(console-wise) rb6 was great ba even better! real. tactical. the weapons felt right, worked right, hit right, it was just a great feeling to play the game! unfortunately tho.. it was a real "skill game" were if you are better the other team would/will consistantly lose.. unless they practiced adapted and learned.. not so anymore... any 10 yr old can fly around trigger held down and do better in fact then a planning strategized team...the movement is not right, the guns are not right... no real tactical guns just one "arcadey" sniper rifle... the physics dont work, it takes a clip or two sometimes.. sometimes not...now a lot of ppl like the run of the mill shooters and will argue till thier face turns blue, but the real fans of the "rainbow" series one that we miss .. and hope that they will bring back someday.. aaaghh im too disgusted to go on... l8 oh yeah.. for all you vegas hopefulls..... regenerating health bar.... 3rd person corner cam... any way you cut it... wether its a single player feature or mp feature its not realistic or tactical... ok sorry for the long post but... hopefully ppl will read and agree maybe somewhere high up in the system some-one who actually cares about this series and its fans will help us all out...

thundershot1987
04-04-2006, 06:09 PM
akedo29 i totally agree rainbow is dead they had it right infact perfect in rb6 and ba so why did they change or fix sumthing dat wasnt broken i wont bring down vegas till ive heard more but im not gettin my hopes up and all i can think is bye bye rainbow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Hatchetforce
04-05-2006, 11:06 PM
If you do not like a feature, your best weapon is to present the following:

1 - State the issue
2 - State why it does or does not work. Be specific and back it up with facts. Saying "That's just BS" is a sure way to get devs to stop reading right at that point.
3 - If it is a dislike, offer a solution. Show why the solution works. And show why it works for the majority of people, not just you. It may seem like a blow to the ego, but the game is not being made for one person.
4 - Do it in a respectable manner. Slinging **** upon the wall is another way to terminate dev team interest.

I am not pointing the finger at anyone in the thread, rather just stating a few things to help you get your ideas across. Really great inspiration can come from the fans when it is thought out. Improperly phrased ideas are wasted and screaming diatribe serves no one.

R6 isn't dead. Remember the same was stated about Tomb Raider and for a lot longer time. Early reviews indicate that Crystal Dynamics have resurrected the series. Time will tell if the same happens with R6V.

KungFu_CIA
04-06-2006, 07:28 AM
As usual, you bring up good points, HF.

However, the problem is that it appears the core design of future R6 games is now trying to make them just like every other (arcade) shooter out there just to increase sales.

We (the PC fans) have had this conversation ad infenitum on the PC boards (Raven Shield; Lockdown and now R6:5) and this is the part where I don't think any amount of polite suggestion and or criticism works because UBI is determined to turn this series into something it was never meant to be -- Even moreso than when it came to consoles in 2003 -- And this is why most R6 fans, both console AND PC, are very gun-shy and worried about the direction the series is headed.

Yen Lo
04-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Enter Blackfoot studios, anyone got an extra 5 million dollars lying around?

Darth_SS
04-08-2006, 04:14 PM
I think the regenerating health bar is there because Vegas is going to go for about 12 hours, and I do not believe there will be any cutscenes. (Can't remember the magazine that said that, possibly EGM)

I imagine it will have a pretty big delay, so you can have a large gunfight, barely escape, and then have your health regenerate. It just kind of streamlines the whole thing, cuts down on interruptions and gets back to the fun, like it did in (I hate to say it) Halo 2, or King Kong.