PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on AEP

fluke39
03-25-2004, 03:52 AM
HOORAY finally got AEP - Found it on the shelf in a "game store" (that had not even known of it's existence on the phone the day before) - they had had it there for a few days ..the fools..

my feelings:

great to see the spit in there after it not being mentioned on the box/manual (had me worried for a minute)

shame not to see the B25 in there after it WAS listed on the box.

great to see the addition of polish, French and (hungarian?) speech packs - it really adds a nice slice of realism.

minor point: shame still no british speech pack (i suppose we have got american one - but it will be so much better realism wise when we get the brit one - keep it up guys!)

the addition of some of our favourite western planes definitely makes FB untouchable compared to other sims now (although it always really was but other people could always argue.."well it hasn't got a ..spit or...whatever)

As far as the flight model goes is it me or is it harder to stall? (again)

also, unfortunately my FPS seems to have taken a massive hit and i am sure im getting more frezes than ever before.

anyone noticed the autopilot doing odd things aswell? (ei stall turns and loop the loops !!)

(everyones noticed the me163 bug i take it)

any way all in all - although it needs a few tweaks im pretty happy with my AEP - well VERY happy actually. well done aoleg and crew.

p.s (after flying all the prop planes - i thought i'd give one of the UFO's a try so i went up in the gotha 229 - whats up with this?- i always thought this plane was a bomber? although now it seems its a fighter - eh?)

http://mysite.freeserve.com/angels_one_five/flukelogo.jpg

fluke39
03-25-2004, 03:52 AM
HOORAY finally got AEP - Found it on the shelf in a "game store" (that had not even known of it's existence on the phone the day before) - they had had it there for a few days ..the fools..

my feelings:

great to see the spit in there after it not being mentioned on the box/manual (had me worried for a minute)

shame not to see the B25 in there after it WAS listed on the box.

great to see the addition of polish, French and (hungarian?) speech packs - it really adds a nice slice of realism.

minor point: shame still no british speech pack (i suppose we have got american one - but it will be so much better realism wise when we get the brit one - keep it up guys!)

the addition of some of our favourite western planes definitely makes FB untouchable compared to other sims now (although it always really was but other people could always argue.."well it hasn't got a ..spit or...whatever)

As far as the flight model goes is it me or is it harder to stall? (again)

also, unfortunately my FPS seems to have taken a massive hit and i am sure im getting more frezes than ever before.

anyone noticed the autopilot doing odd things aswell? (ei stall turns and loop the loops !!)

(everyones noticed the me163 bug i take it)

any way all in all - although it needs a few tweaks im pretty happy with my AEP - well VERY happy actually. well done aoleg and crew.

p.s (after flying all the prop planes - i thought i'd give one of the UFO's a try so i went up in the gotha 229 - whats up with this?- i always thought this plane was a bomber? although now it seems its a fighter - eh?)

http://mysite.freeserve.com/angels_one_five/flukelogo.jpg

WUAF_Badsight
03-25-2004, 04:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fluke39:

As far as the flight model goes is it me or is it harder to stall? (again) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO ..... its spins more eaisly but no harder to stall

i got v1.0 on this computer & i play it & test it against each patch

whats hard now in v2.0 is to stop the spin

spins happen a LOT eaiser

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fluke39:

also, unfortunately my FPS seems to have taken a massive hit and i am sure im getting more frezes than ever before <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my FPS have gone up

i get as much as 5 FPS more average FPS now

some times im same FPS as in v1.22 but usually more

sometimes as much as 5 FPS more average

still not sure on the freezes but i do get more spawn freezes but dont notice any more gameplay freezes than in v1.22