PDA

View Full Version : Flyable Pe2/3

todgeroff
02-09-2006, 12:20 PM
The idea of flyable versions of planes that didn't make it into the conflict or only participated in a very minor way (Arado jets etc) is OK I guess, but surely we should lobby for flyable versions of planes that contributed greatly - ie, the Pe2/3. The Russians used huge quantities of this able light bomber - is there any chance that someone will do a flyable version?

EJGrOst_Caspar
02-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Mate, you haven't been around here for lond, did you? There is an offcial anouncement, that the next big Pay-AddOn will be the so called "Pe-2" AddOn... wich means it will focus mainly on just those types. If Pe-3 too, I don't know.

You lucky one! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Skycat_2
02-09-2006, 03:04 PM
This thread says some stuff about Pe-2:
http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=002851

---------------------------------

Crazy Ivan's sticky thread in Oleg's Ready Room gave us the scoop on the upcoming commercial addons:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/4371027863

SaQSoN responds much later in the thread with some clarification about the 1946 Russia vs. Germany addon:

Originally posted by SaQSoN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
IL2 + Secret German Jets = GREATEST FLIGHT SIM EVER!

I affraid, you misunderstood. Not "Secret German Jets", but "Secret Russian Jets".

Not LUFT46, but VVS46. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So rest assured that more Russian flyables are coming ... but you'll have to pay extra for them.

Akwar
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Well from what I understood the PE-2/3 addon will only be available in Russia.That sucks because Im a big PE-2 fan and we need it available here in the USA!!!!

Skycat_2
02-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Pe-2 will be released worldwide. If it is successful, then the other Russian addons may be offered worldwide.

Expect an announcement very soon.

Akwar
02-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Skycat_2:
Pe-2 will be released worldwide. If it is successful, then the other Russian addons may be offered worldwide.

Expect an announcement very soon.

Thats very good news!!!

alert_1
02-10-2006, 02:15 AM
I afraid that Pe2 addon wont sell too well, because it will feature "only" afew flyable Pe2 variants and some new ground object. Oleg should "merge" the free addon with upcoming Pe2 ddon and sell it as one package.

todgeroff
02-10-2006, 03:47 AM
Yes, I take your point - but are you suggesting that someone is actually working on making Pe2 flyable or are you talking hypothetically?

todgeroff
02-10-2006, 03:54 AM
sorry everyone - I replied to the last post before reading the thread - doh! You're right, I haven't been on this forum for a very long time - so long I could'nt remember my password etc so had to re-register with new name. I'm delighted that they plan to release the PE2 and will happily pay for it! The cost in the UK is usually around 20 for add-ons to IL2 so that's fine by me - it's just such a great looking plane. Now that I'm getting back into Pacific Fighters I'm finding the A20 (in Russian theatre) and Me110 really great to fly - a very different experience all round - so want more twin engined planes.

CzechTexan
02-14-2006, 06:35 PM
the die-hard fans of this sim will buy the new product in their quest to have as many flyables as possible. However, it would help if there would be more flyables included in the new release to get more attention from the folks who would not be as interested otherwise.

I'd be extremely happy to have the flyable Pe-2 and UV-2 (Po-2). SUPPORT OLEG http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by CzechTexan:
However, it would help if there would be more flyables included in the new release to get more attention from the folks who would not be as interested otherwise.

Not sure what 'new release' you're referring to, but the option of a complete platinum DVD version will bring much more new blood to the community than any new flyables....even if they were to include one of the three big heavies.

Hell, I'll buy one just to consolidate all my FB shiot.

TB

actionhank1786
02-15-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm all behind this idea of the Russian add-ons seeing daylight other places in the world.
The thought of flying the Il-10(one of the proposed planes in the Russian Add On) makes my day!
I heard it had great performance, while still having the show stopping armor and armament of the Il-2!
What's better than that? I'll answer my own question with "nothing!".