PDA

View Full Version : NEW MAP - ROME DUSK!

Malex McBlat
01-06-2011, 01:10 AM
In the middle of a match just now and was annoyed when it disconnected me from the server. Until as soon as I loaded into the Animus again... ROME DUSK!

x3MTA3xHelviaNx
01-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Same happened to me

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 01:16 AM
It's up then? Awesome!

x3MTA3xHelviaNx
01-06-2011, 01:17 AM
I got randomly kicked like this so i assume it was for that reason! ^

FireTempest00
01-06-2011, 01:20 AM
that would also explain the horrendous lag and respawn and contract hiccup limbos I was getting in a couple of games this past hour.

Malex McBlat
01-06-2011, 01:23 AM
I think it looks great. I realize the only difference was the lighting, but I love the looks of it. It even had a bit of a different feel to it in my opinion.

tastemyfreedom
01-06-2011, 01:24 AM
I was wondering why I people kept dropping out of the game and the rest of us finishing every game with about 5 people. Everyone is getting kicked off.

Quitetingly
01-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Awesome! I shall boot up the ACB and get a look. Nothing in the game add on section though, wonder if they are just doing a system update and pre-existing level tweaks before they officialy release to us the DLC. Oh I hope its out today http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Im so ready to see templar scoring.

Malex McBlat
01-06-2011, 01:35 AM
I'm fairly sure this has nothing to do with Templar Score and the DLC. I think it has more to do with the 51+ million kills we have at this point.

Quitetingly
01-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by MalexMcBlat:
I'm fairly sure this has nothing to do with Templar Score and the DLC. I think it has more to do with the 51+ million kills we have at this point.

you could be right, but let me hope anyhow. Im going to climb my nearest tower marked with an eagle and pray to the ubi-gods.

XxKillaSniperxX
01-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Damn beat me to it. I updated my original thread and was just about to bump it when I saw this one.

Malex McBlat
01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
Damn beat me to it. I updated my original thread and was just about to bump it when I say this one.

In retrospect I could (should?) have updated the original thread. I just couldn't contain myself. On the other hand, I can't help but notice that the Map is not Rome by Night. I in now way mean this as a criticism, or am demanding that they give us Rome by Night, I just noticed the name is all.

XxKillaSniperxX
01-06-2011, 02:09 AM
The only reason it says night is because that's what the article says. I suppose I could have changed the title, but the body of the first post reflected the change.

Malex McBlat
01-06-2011, 02:19 AM
I understand that you said night because the article says night. It also calls the map Rome by Night on the Assassins Network challenge. That is what I found odd. Not your post, the fact that Ubisoft put out the challenge and then released Rome Dusk. It makes me wonder if they also have Rome by Night (and conceivably other map variations) as a reward for future challenges. Since it was not a download, just an update, I am assuming that the content is already on the disc.

In any event, I still love the new map, and say that it has an almost eerie feel to it. Like there is trouble brewing.

spencer2100
01-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Could someone post a picture/video of it, I can't get on my xbox right now and I would lovet osee it.

Nc darkap89
01-06-2011, 02:31 AM
I don't get it. Dusk version it's not Night version??

Screens?
I have see in the past a Cloudy Firenze. Is it similar?

Nc darkap89
01-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Ok, I've see it. It's a particular light of the day, but it's not like a true dusk...

EscoBlades
01-06-2011, 04:25 AM
Pic inbound, just let me upload it to yfrog.

edit: here you go - http://yfrog.com/h600lxdj

Nc darkap89
01-06-2011, 04:34 AM
Played right now in player matches (never show up in ranked) and it's beautiful. It's more realistic than ever with this dusk light.

yuanxd
01-06-2011, 04:45 AM
It is beautiful, but doesn't change the experience...

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Ive been *****ing about this for weeks.....sadly cant do anything til the wifey is done with Halo....

luth411
01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Is this the only map they've added? I don't feel like looking back through their statements, but I was under the impression that all maps where being duplicated similarly to Mont St Michel. It's very likely that I made this up to make myself happy, though.

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by mpagano411:
Is this the only map they've added? I don't feel like looking back through their statements, but I was under the impression that all maps where being duplicated similarly to Mont St Michel. It's very likely that I made this up to make myself happy, though.
People have posted clips of another map in a different time - I THINK it was Florence night, but not sure.

It isn't in the game yet, but there's likely to be a target given to unlock it later.

rocketxsurgeon
01-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
People have posted clips of another map in a different time - I THINK it was Florence night, but not sure.

It isn't in the game yet, but there's likely to be a target given to unlock it later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup Florence and Venice are two other dark maps seen in trailers.

Nc darkap89
01-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:

It isn't in the game yet, but there's likely to be a target given to unlock it later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup Florence and Venice are two other dark maps seen in trailers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. While Venice was showed at night, the dark version of Florence is cloudy but not raining.

marq08
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
the map looks so pretty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SimDuff
01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by darkap89:
Played right now in player matches (never show up in ranked) and it's beautiful. It's more realistic than ever with this dusk light.

I play only ranked and it did show up.

ZnorfRat
01-06-2011, 09:32 PM
SweetnesS!

SimDuff
01-06-2011, 09:37 PM
But then where is Rome at Night??? Let me remind that we we wayyyy above the goal for weeks now (or did it seem like weeks?)

Rainie
01-07-2011, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by SimDuff:
But then where is Rome at Night???

I think Dusk is the new map instead of night. I just played it for the first time and it's sooo pretty. I'll have a vid from that map on my channel later if anyone hasn't seen it yet and wants to

SimDuff
01-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
I think Dusk is the new map instead of night. I just played it for the first time and it's sooo pretty.

"Excellent work Agents! You have successfully completed Dr. Vidic's ambitious requirements for the unlocking of the Rome at Dusk training environment (or "map," to use the vernacular) and this new area is now available for all competitive combat simulations. Be advised that the evening setting reduces visibility which makse training more challenging, but also more applicable to night operations. Carry on, Agents."

I agree it looks nice, but I bolded what is confusing me. Anyone has a guess about that?

Inorganic9_2
01-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Awesome! I haven't played yet today. I'll grab some lunch, then get to it.

Got a link to that video, Rainie?