PDA

View Full Version : Kill graphics

bml5099
11-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Hey all,

After completing the game, I never really noticed the opportunity to change what kind of secondary weapon you have access to when using a medium sized weapon (such as the pistol when using a sword). I know holding down the X button (XBox) with the sword equipped will fire a shot off, but I watched a few trailers where Ezio performs an execution with the crossbow while his target is laying on the ground. Has anyone actually done that, or is that just trailer stuff?

Not only that, but has anyone been able to use the crossbow at all like how you would use the pistol in conjunction with the medium sized weapons? Just curious!

DDarkLaw
11-30-2010, 08:24 AM
yes you can
You can equip the crossbow and use counter kills against enemy's. and no you can't use it with something its a weapon for it self.
did you try the Gun exacutation I mean did you press and hold square when you kill many people with exacutation kills he will kill two enemy's with one Gun shot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bml5099
11-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Hmm, okay, I didn't try to use the crossbow as a weapon yet, surprisingly. And I heard a bit about holding X after a string of kills -- do they have to be kill streak kills? Or a string of counter kills? Or?

Astralcloak
11-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by bml5099:
Hmm, okay, I didn't try to use the crossbow as a weapon yet, surprisingly. And I heard a bit about holding X after a string of kills -- do they have to be kill streak kills? Or a string of counter kills? Or?

crossbow is indeed an individual weapon and can't be used with knife or sword, it is capable of 1-2 counters in relative succsession but not capable of execution strings, though if you're good enough with, say, hidden blade execution string you can whip it out, shoot someone then flip back to hidden blades without breaking the execution.

in certain instances (only when guards and positioned right) the knife or sword can be used to a double execution with their counterparets (throwing knives/gun) by holding X mid execution string, ezio will then run someone through with the sword, turn and shoot someone in the face, then widthdraw the sword /or/ throwing knife to the gut and backstanb someone with the knife (stab backwards, not stab someone in the back)