PDA

View Full Version : Dodging Kills in Multiplayer - How!

Mills107
03-24-2011, 03:41 AM
I've only just managed to get online for the first time last night due to connection issues so i went on an Assassinate game and noticed something that bugged me not long into the game...

How the feck do people "Dodge" kills.. It happened nunerous times last night... I was right next to someone who hadn't seen me coming, i quickly lock on and attempt a kill only to be countered and killed by them... WTF!

One time there was 3 people trying to kill one person and he dodged attacks and killed all 3. How is this possible?

paziek
03-24-2011, 04:04 AM
Interesting. I had already 2 or 3 failed attempts at stuning someone from behind. Instead of them getting stun, they do on me this jude-like move and I'm dead. Is there some secret move to this, or its some hacks? I doubt they looked back, since they weren't blended.

Mills107
03-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by paziek:
Interesting. I had already 2 or 3 failed attempts at stuning someone from behind. Instead of them getting stun, they do on me this jude-like move and I'm dead. Is there some secret move to this, or its some hacks? I doubt they looked back, since they weren't blended.

Yeah thats what i'm talking about... i've yet to Stun anyone even though i've pressed 'B' button loads of time, with or without lock on?

Is this some kind of cheat?

HEAT.GRLSOV
03-24-2011, 04:27 AM
If the enemy sees you and presses kill, it will stop your stun even if it's in mid-animation (you then see him blocking your arm and he kills you).

From behind I'm not too sure, but I've done it too. Perhaps he turned the camera to see you and pressed kill, so instead of the model turning around, he did the "judo move". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mills107
03-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by GhostRiderLSOV:
If the enemy sees you and presses kill, it will stop your stun even if it's in mid-animation (you then see him blocking your arm and he kills you).

From behind I'm not too sure, but I've done it too. Perhaps he turned the camera to see you and pressed kill, so instead of the model turning around, he did the "judo move". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So the "Stun" mode... You see someone you want to kill...are you always supposed to stun before a kill and at what point do you press "B" to stun? Do you have to "lock on" or not? because as soon as you "lock on" it gives the game away to your opponent..?

I'm new to this as you can tell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EscoBlades
03-24-2011, 05:15 AM
Assassinate trumps stun...it has greater priority.

If your pursuer presses the Attack button at the same time as you did the Stun button, they will win out EVERYTIME.

Even if you try and stun them from behind, if they are aware of you, and have locked on to you, it will give them the attack prompt quicker, thus allowing them to counter your stun.

You have to use an ability to block your pursuers ability to kill you. smoke bombs work best. That dodge animation you see, usually happens as a result of an ability blocking your pursuer's attempt to kill you.

If you drop smoke just before they press attack, they'll still start the kill animation, but the smoke will make them miss, and you'll dodge out of the way. Then you'll have roughly 2-3 seconds (depending on what type of smoke you used) to get an uninterrupted stun on them.

Hope that helps.

Mills107
03-24-2011, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Assassinate trumps stun...it has greater priority.

If your pursuer presses the Attack button at the same time as you did the Stun button, they will win out EVERYTIME.

Even if you try and stun them from behind, if they are aware of you, and have locked on to you, it will give them the attack prompt quicker, thus allowing them to counter your stun.

You have to use an ability to block your pursuers ability to kill you. smoke bombs work best. That dodge animation you see, usually happens as a result of an ability blocking your pursuer's attempt to kill you.

If you drop smoke just before they press attack, they'll still start the kill animation, but the smoke will make them miss, and you'll dodge out of the way. Then you'll have roughly 2-3 seconds (depending on what type of smoke you used) to get an uninterrupted stun on them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that... makes more sense now. I'm only at level 5 so will have to wait for "anti-blocking" powers later on i guess.

EscoBlades
03-24-2011, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Mills107:

Thanks for that... makes more sense now. I'm only at level 5 so will have to wait for "anti-blocking" powers later on i guess.

Glad i could help. If i remember correctly, you unlock smoke at Level 6. Very handy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ayrum
03-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Those of you gyes who can connect to ubisoft server in game, do you have Allocated external IP? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif