PDA

View Full Version : Da Vinci Disappearance DLC - not functioning on 360

McGinge
03-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey guys,

Feel free to redirect me to a thread with the answer if something similar has already been solved, but I had a quick look through recent threads/stickies and couldn't find a solution that worked.

I downloaded the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC yesterday, and my AC:B is refusing to see it. This is my first DLC for AC:B so I'm not sure if I'm even looking in the right place for it (the singleplayer content), but there was no "initialising DLC", no new objectives in game, and no new menu options offering to start the SP content. I also had a quick look in the multiplayer DLC menus and I couldn't see it there either. I didn't get any errors, the DLC just seems to not exist within the game.

I have tried the following:

- Deleting the 9mb title update #5 and re-downloading the latest update.
- Deleting DLC and re-downloading.
- Restarting the 360.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, or if I'm missing the blindingly obvious?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: And I've just seen there's a support forum >_> please excuse my ******ation (if a moderator could move the thread that'd be great).

SquarePolo27
03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Uh, I'm not 100% sure mate. First of all, this'll sound stupid, are you sure that you have it installed?

Other than that, if you want to start the single-player DLC then they'll be something on the map which looks a little bit like a medical symbol. If you can't find it then I've run out of ideas.

McGinge
03-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Sticker704:
Uh, I'm not 100% sure mate. First of all, this'll sound stupid, are you sure that you have it installed?

Other than that, if you want to start the single-player DLC then they'll be something on the map which looks a little bit like a medical symbol. If you can't find it then I've run out of ideas.

This'll sound stupid also :P but does DLC even need to be "installed"? For other games you just download it, the game scans for the DLC files, and then makes it accessible automatically. Is there an extra step required? Also just had a quick look at the map, nothing resembling a new objective or a medical symbol anywhere.

Krayus Korianis
03-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by McGinge:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sticker704:

This'll sound stupid also :P but does DLC even need to be "installed"? For other games you just download it, the game scans for the DLC files, and then makes it accessible automatically. Is there an extra step required? Also just had a quick look at the map, nothing resembling a new objective or a medical symbol anywhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll need to find a black box with this in it's center:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Caduceus.svg/220px-Caduceus.svg.png

When you start up the DLC, it SHOULD tell you about the Restored Memories. However, it's not accessable until Sequence 6 (I believe).

McGinge
03-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Remarkable; loaded up the story and it still wasn't there, killed some civilians in frustration, and then 20 seconds later it appears on the map. Award for least intuitive DLC access goes to Ubisoft; thanks for the help guys! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

M-dahaka
03-11-2011, 01:45 PM
there you go, killing civilians is always the answer to any problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

chasxb
03-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi McGinge, I bought this DLC for my son yesterday and he also says he cannot work out how to access it. You said that you "loaded up the story" and "killed some civilians". Excuse my Xbox ignornance (I grew up with the ZX Spectrum) but what exactly does "loaded up the story" mean. I understood the "killed some civilians" bit.
Kind Regards.

McGinge
03-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't think the civilian killing was really that relevant, it just that the DLC took its sweet time registering with the game.

Basically the DLC is not a whole separate story mode, but instead a few extra missions on top of the original story. So all you need to do is load up the save game you already have in the singleplayer story mode and look out for that symbol posted a couple of posts above listed as a mission. If it doesn't appear on the map straight away, run around/do something else for a little bit and see if it appears. I'm not sure if you needed to have finished the original game first though...

Also would be worth doing the other checks to make sure you're able to play it e.g. delete your title update #5 from the memory in system settings, forcing the game to re-download it when you next launch.

Mr_Shade
03-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by McGinge:
I don't think the civilian killing was really that relevant, it just that the DLC took its sweet time registering with the game.

Basically the DLC is not a whole separate story mode, but instead a few extra missions on top of the original story. So all you need to do is load up the save game you already have in the singleplayer story mode and look out for that symbol posted a couple of posts above listed as a mission. If it doesn't appear on the map straight away, run around/do something else for a little bit and see if it appears. I'm not sure if you needed to have finished the original game first though...

Also would be worth doing the other checks to make sure you're able to play it e.g. delete your title update #5 from the memory in system settings, forcing the game to re-download it when you next launch.

Indeed - killing the innocents, is not the way to activate the DLC.

You should have a way point, on the map.. it will only appear after Sequence 3 - or after you have completed the game - it has a different intro if you have completed the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If you have started a new game, you will need to play the game till at least sequence 3 for it to appear.

However it does seem a few people are having issues with title updates, so make double sure you have the latest one - with out it, the DLC way point will not appear.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1051016/m/4981089419 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/4981089419)

for detailed info on how to make sure the title update is correct on Xbox 360.

For PS3 - you should delete the game data / title update.

Originally posted by montagemik:
FOR PS3 Users. Here's Exactly what fixed it for me.

Delete your ALL GAME DATA including updates & DLC.
DO NOT delete save data

Re-install the game - it should prompt an update to 2.03 = Accept & install.
On main game menu load Story mode, & in game buy something / ammo/medicine to save your game.
Now quit game & exit to PS3 menu.

Now go to PS Store & Re-download & install Animus 1.0 .
Then go back to Store & Re-download & install Animus 2.0 .
Then at the store Re-download/install COPERNICUS DLC.
Then start Story mode again - buy something & save again.- Quit to PS3 menu.

Finally Re-download & install The DAVINCI DLC.
Now start Multiplayer & activate Animus 3.0 in the options.
Once activated - Quit multiplayer & load your Story mode.
Everything should be on the map.
COPERNICUS symbol =(STAR symbol)
DAVINCI MISSIONS / Restored memories = (angel wings symbol)

I had similar problems with DLC & That's exactly what fixed it for me.
Now 100% Sync.

DO NOT delete Save data.

Do not delete items if you are unsure, and await detailed steps from support.