PDA

View Full Version : real assassin

younas456
09-20-2010, 02:21 AM
hello long time no see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

so this is how it is, everybody who have played acI knows that in the game sneeky was a big deal. planing your attack was a good way to get the kill, and that went the wrong way in ACII ezio is more agressive. I want the real coming-out-from-the-shadow-assassin back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif can't they bring back in the ACIII or AC:B
hope you understand what i want to bring forward. thx and hello again :P

BiopulsePS3
09-20-2010, 03:51 AM
i see what you mean, but i think a balance between the two would be better

JohnConnor2012
09-20-2010, 04:25 AM
Pretty hard to get game balance towards the end, where guards are typically more numerous rather than more powerful.

Come to think of it, the penultimate section of AC--where Ezio has to fight through 4-5 mobs of 20+ soldiers in a totally linear way--wasn't especially sneaky either.

CrazyMike134
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
I understand what you are saying, but i honestly think that if you wanna do ac2 with a stealthy approach to your missions you can do it easily. Of course there are some missions which require you to be more aggressive, but that also works the other way around. Therefore i love AC the way it is, and the new additions to ACB seems, to me, that it will make it a perfect game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PhiIs1618033
09-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by cozio134:
I understand what you are saying, but i honestly think that if you wanna do ac2 with a stealthy approach to your missions you can do it easily. Of course there are some missions which require you to be more aggressive, but that also works the other way around. Therefore i love AC the way it is, and the new additions to ACB seems, to me, that it will make it a perfect game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But there's no way that it is truly needed. In other words, you'll probably play the game on 'hello, look how cool an assassin I am'-mode for the first time. Missions are too easy and what I'd like is stealth required, so you need some skill to get it right. Currently, I play by my own rules, trying not to get discovered and such. I'll restart the mission if I fail, but that's me, I'm that kind of person and it's quite a pain in the *** to restart a mission because you have to get back to the beginning of it and wait in the Animus loading screen.

Just my two cents. Also Altair and, to a lesser extent, Giovanni seemed much cooler than Ezio, sticking to the shadows, using stealth and blending with the crowd. As someone else said, AC2 fixed all the bad things in AC1, but as a side-effect also nerfed all the things that made it so awesome.

Keksus
09-20-2010, 03:56 PM
everybody who have played acI knows that in the game sneeky was a big deal.

Wait what? AC1 and sneaky? Yeah, sure. Ubisoft never managed it to make the social stealth work in ANY AC game. The easiest way was always to slash through your opponents.

But I agree: Ubisoft mentioned before the release of AC2 that they want Ezio to be more assassinlike ... but well: Ezio is EVEN MORE warriorlike than altair ... to be exact: Ezio is the most warriorlike person I have ever seen in ANY videogame. Even Rambo would be proud of him.

The AC series took the wrong path from the beginning. The fights should be almost impossible and social Stealth should be your only way to accomplish the game.

Starsfan1009
09-20-2010, 04:26 PM
if you want a game limiting you to only stealth, play Splintercell. But if you like the balance and choice of being stealthy with your kills or having an all out brawl with some soldiers, then AC is the series for you.

fossa1991
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
I also wish it would be more stealth.But if u want a real good only stealth game play MGS.

NewBlade200
09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
hmm i dont know much stealth 3rd person games, but i would try hitman: blood money, and theif: the dark project
personaly i dont think there will be any challenge in brotherhood, in that respect, but perhaps in ac3 they could use those assassin-templars theyre training with the animi to make you really want to avoid them, or give no warning which templars are super powerful so you were always trying to avoid a fight http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Keksus
09-20-2010, 06:08 PM
if you want a game limiting you to only stealth, play Splintercell. But if you like the balance and choice of being stealthy with your kills or having an all out brawl with some soldiers, then AC is the series for you.

I want a game which limits me to SOCIAL stealth. And AC is the only game that has social stealth at all. In addition, the game often limits you to fighting. You CAN'T even use social stealth in most missions.

EzioAssassin51
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
I agree, there should be more stealthed assassinations in future AC games, but i don't mind it as it is.

To be honest, I'd rather have more difficulty and when you think about it, if there is more difficulty, you are forced to be more stealthy and therefore equals more stealth! So the moral of the story is...

More Difficulty = Forcing you do use more stealth = More Stealth.

Sorry, i went off-topic slightly there, but like i said, i like it the way it is. Maybe they should just lessen down on the scripted and forcing you to be agressive assassinations!

BiopulsePS3
09-21-2010, 01:03 AM
when you say more difficulty, what exactly do you mean, like smarter ai?

EzioAssassin51
09-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah, smarter, harder to fight AI is pretty much the difficulty this game needs. If the AI are stronger and better at chasing, it will make the game harder!

Keksus
09-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Also less health for the main protagonist, mor ehealth for the enemies. Oh: And less scripted fights. I hated them during the storymissions.

RandomRansom
09-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by lion.cesar:
hello long time no see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

so this is how it is, everybody who have played acI knows that in the game sneeky was a big deal. planing your attack was a good way to get the kill, and that went the wrong way in ACII ezio is more agressive. I want the real coming-out-from-the-shadow-assassin back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif can't they bring back in the ACIII or AC:B

I think part of the reason that Ezio is more aggressive is because... Ezio wasn't a master assassin and was driven by anger. Almost through the entire game he's driven to kill those who caused the death of his brothers and father. Only near the end does he begin to fully understand what being an assassin is all about. I think the aggressive gameplay was more true to to character than you realize. It may have gone away from the original AC in that way, but that's understandable.

That said, I hope that they do go at least partially back toward ACI. I'd hope the character development of Ezio would drive them toward such gameplay. He's got more purpose than anger now, and that should show itself in his actions.

I played through ACII with stealth in mind. I forced myself, sometimes, to do a mission as stealthy as possible. This enabled me to find the last mission (getting to the pope to kill him) actually much easier by the end. I wasn't notorious at all through the mission (due to not killing anyone I didn't need to). I did get seen, but never had a full red indicator.

So the stealth is still there in the game... you just have to choose to find it. It is, unfortunately, more easy to ignore stealth in ACII than ACI which is why it probably seems like a departure from the original awesome concept. I agree, in part, but I still like the choices that ACII presented and how it stayed true to character more than I dislike that departure.

PhiIs1618033
09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by RandomRansom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lion.cesar:

I think part of the reason that Ezio is more aggressive is because... Ezio wasn't a master assassin and was driven by anger. Almost through the entire game he's driven to kill those who caused the death of his brothers and father. Only near the end does he begin to fully understand what being an assassin is all about. I think the aggressive gameplay was more true to to character than you realize. It may have gone away from the original AC in that way, but that's understandable.

That said, I hope that they do go at least partially back toward ACI. I'd hope the character development of Ezio would drive them toward such gameplay. He's got more purpose than anger now, and that should show itself in his actions.

I played through ACII with stealth in mind. I forced myself, sometimes, to do a mission as stealthy as possible. This enabled me to find the last mission (getting to the pope to kill him) actually much easier by the end. I wasn't notorious at all through the mission (due to not killing anyone I didn't need to). I did get seen, but never had a full red indicator.

So the stealth is still there in the game... you just have to choose to find it. It is, unfortunately, more easy to ignore stealth in ACII than ACI which is why it probably seems like a departure from the original awesome concept. I agree, in part, but I still like the choices that ACII presented and how it stayed true to character more than I dislike that departure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You make a lot of good points, except for me, it's the other way around (kind of): I dislike the departure more than I like the character.

IMO, in AC2 Ezio isn't really fit to be an assassin.
IMO, I don't consider Ezio

JohnConnor2012
09-21-2010, 02:26 PM
"consider Ezio" what? I think your post got truncated.

ACfreak357
09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes I would like it but I had so much fun playing AC2 that I didnt even notice the stealth aspect of the game was missing.

EzioAssassin51
09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

Because he wasn't a Master Assassin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And i am with ACFreak here! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

RandomRansom
09-22-2010, 02:22 AM

You make a lot of good points, except for me, it's the other way around (kind of): I dislike the departure more than I like the character.

I too want to know what you consider Ezio.

On the other note... I should have been more explicit. I should have said I liked how they stayed true to the character only slightly more than I dislike the departure from a more stealthy and personal assassination style. I'd almost call myself in the middle, but... you get the idea from my original post.

I think Altair was already or almost a master assassin. He just had a bad attitude that got fixed as a result of his character's story arc. Ezio didn't even know what assassin's were until he got the apple back (what? huh? my people? what do you speak of, Borgia?). So it's no wonder he was more haphazard.

For me that didn't take away from the fun of the game. I think, hope, and pray that we'll see Ezio become more like Altair at the end of Altair's character arc/journey. I hope that will give us more stealthy gameplay, more personalized assassinations, and more purposeful actions from Ezio. I hope they find a happy balance between ACI and ACII for ACB.

PhiIs1618033
09-22-2010, 08:35 AM

What the hell happened there?
Anyway, I don't consider Ezio a proper assassin, not even at the end of the game. When he finally learns of the assassin order, he just keeps on being blatantly obvious. I don't think Brotherhood will be any different.
I can play the game by my own rules and enjoy myself to a certain extent, but it usually requires focus and concentration to not just flunk it and run in without a plan. (If I do this, it makes me want to replay the game to do it properly.)

Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot, but it just ennerves me that Ubi is so willing to justify everything in their universe, but can't seem to properly handle the concept of an assassin they created themselves. ("Hello, we're really f'ing badass, but nobody really knows us, which makes us even more awesome.") Ezio's style virtually makes it impossible for him to be unnoticed. With his style, there has to have been some record in history of 'the assassin'. It doesn't fit into regular history anymore and I'm a huge fan of stories which fit into history and have a good story and innovate and all that jazz. In that view, AC2 disappointed me. Sure, the combat was better and so was the freerunning (which really should've been named parkour because freerunning isn't so much about getting somewhere as fast as possible as to do it beautifully) and the repetiveness did go away (I had no problem with AC being 'repetive' at all. Maybe it's because I enjoy the story more than the gameplay.), but in the process, most of the things I liked about AC got nerfed, or at least optional.
Well, I'm ranting now, so I'll ramble a bit more.
The game got too easy, two (you see what I did there? :P). I can finish a random race with one minute on the clock left if I'm only half awake. Now, I've got a lot of experience (I finished AC2 like 5 times or something), but a whole minute is just ridiculous.
I've rarely desynced during ANY of my playthroughs (well, in the beginning hour when I couldn't get a hold on the freerunning, I did) except for some of the 'forced stealth' missions. Combat is dead easy, you can just hold Rt/R2 and press X/Square when you need it. The only thing that can go wrong is your timing. In AC, at least the enemies had defense break, so you had to time your defense too. That's partly the reason why I'm really excited for AC:B: a new fighting system with more aggressive AI.

Anyway, I'm deviating from the topic waaaaaaay to much, so I'll leave it at that. Basically, I hope that Ubisoft will bring back the social stealth element of the game from the 'optional'-category (because forced stealth usually was only really social in the DLC) to the 'required/highly recommended'-category.

If you read it all, my compliments. You have quite the stamina to plow through my text.

tl;dr: Go read the post, you lazy bastard!

RandomRansom
09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

What the hell happened there?
Anyway, I don't consider Ezio a proper assassin, not even at the end of the game. When he finally learns of the assassin order, he just keeps on being blatantly obvious. I don't think Brotherhood will be any different.
I can play the game by my own rules and enjoy myself to a certain extent, but it usually requires focus and concentration to not just flunk it and run in without a plan. (If I do this, it makes me want to replay the game to do it properly.)

Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot, but it just ennerves me that Ubi is so willing to justify everything in their universe, but can't seem to properly handle the concept of an assassin they created themselves. ("Hello, we're really f'ing badass, but nobody really knows us, which makes us even more awesome.") Ezio's style virtually makes it impossible for him to be unnoticed. With his style, there has to have been some record in history of 'the assassin'. It doesn't fit into regular history anymore and I'm a huge fan of stories which fit into history and have a good story and innovate and all that jazz. In that view, AC2 disappointed me. Sure, the combat was better and so was the freerunning (which really should've been named parkour because freerunning isn't so much about getting somewhere as fast as possible as to do it beautifully) and the repetiveness did go away (I had no problem with AC being 'repetive' at all. Maybe it's because I enjoy the story more than the gameplay.), but in the process, most of the things I liked about AC got nerfed, or at least optional.
Well, I'm ranting now, so I'll ramble a bit more.
The game got too easy, two (you see what I did there? :P). I can finish a random race with one minute on the clock left if I'm only half awake. Now, I've got a lot of experience (I finished AC2 like 5 times or something), but a whole minute is just ridiculous.
I've rarely desynced during ANY of my playthroughs (well, in the beginning hour when I couldn't get a hold on the freerunning, I did) except for some of the 'forced stealth' missions. Combat is dead easy, you can just hold Rt/R2 and press X/Square when you need it. The only thing that can go wrong is your timing. In AC, at least the enemies had defense break, so you had to time your defense too. That's partly the reason why I'm really excited for AC:B: a new fighting system with more aggressive AI.

Anyway, I'm deviating from the topic waaaaaaay to much, so I'll leave it at that. Basically, I hope that Ubisoft will bring back the social stealth element of the game from the 'optional'-category (because forced stealth usually was only really social in the DLC) to the 'required/highly recommended'-category.

If you read it all, my compliments. You have quite the stamina to plow through my text.

tl;dr: Go read the post, you lazy bastard! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can agree with a bunch of your post. However, I'm not sure the assassin's were the ones who were all gung-ho about staying secret. That seems to be a bit more the Templar way of doing things (especially when you look at Abstergo). You could even say that the Templars made sure that the mention of "the Assassin," the assassin brotherhoods, and the Templar order is left out of history to make sure that the Assassin brotherhoods don't gain strength. That would leave the Templars to continue to gain power at their leisure and leave the Assassin's to have to recruit or depend on lineage to sustain them.

But that's just one way to look at it. I see what you're saying too.

I agree that ACII was too easy. They shouldn't be making this game for casual gamers or those who want to slaughter tons of enemies. This game genre is seemingly meant for the thinkers. The ones who want to plan the perfect kill (meaning location, guard patrol patters, optimum place to kill target, etc.), strike from (seemingly) out of nowhere, and escape unscathed. That's, at least, what I love about the games.

I like having a choice, but I hope they make the choices to ignore stealth the path of hardship. Stealth should be difficult to plan but easy to pull off with the perfect plan. Brash the lead-footed assassin should have a difficult time wading through the enemies on his way to assassinate the target.

I'm a little nervous that the towers may make being stealthy the hard path rather than the other way around.

As I said before, I like having the choice to be stealthy or not and still survive, and I like that they stuck with the character's personality and arc. However, I still want a shift towards stealth being the primary focus. This still allows for choice and rewards the player for being stealthy (more than ACII did).

It was still there, though. I loved the Robe doesn't make the Monk or whatever it was called. I was able to kill that monk, the monk he was spreading his propaganda to, and escape without being seen (and without using my new nifty smoke bombs). I think I had a tiny joy-gazm when I pulled that off.

And wading though your post wasn't that bad. I'm verbose myself.

PhiIs1618033
09-22-2010, 12:39 PM
I can agree with a bunch of your post. However, I'm not sure the assassin's were the ones who were all gung-ho about staying secret. That seems to be a bit more the Templar way of doing things (especially when you look at Abstergo). You could even say that the Templars made sure that the mention of "the Assassin," the assassin brotherhoods, and the Templar order is left out of history to make sure that the Assassin brotherhoods don't gain strength. That would leave the Templars to continue to gain power at their leisure and leave the Assassin's to have to recruit or depend on lineage to sustain them.

But that's just one way to look at it. I see what you're saying too.

I agree that ACII was too easy. They shouldn't be making this game for casual gamers or those who want to slaughter tons of enemies. This game genre is seemingly meant for the thinkers. The ones who want to plan the perfect kill (meaning location, guard patrol patters, optimum place to kill target, etc.), strike from (seemingly) out of nowhere, and escape unscathed. That's, at least, what I love about the games.

I like having a choice, but I hope they make the choices to ignore stealth the path of hardship. Stealth should be difficult to plan but easy to pull off with the perfect plan. Brash the lead-footed assassin should have a difficult time wading through the enemies on his way to assassinate the target.

I'm a little nervous that the towers may make being stealthy the hard path rather than the other way around.

As I said before, I like having the choice to be stealthy or not and still survive, and I like that they stuck with the character's personality and arc. However, I still want a shift towards stealth being the primary focus. This still allows for choice and rewards the player for being stealthy (more than ACII did).

It was still there, though. I loved the Robe doesn't make the Monk or whatever it was called. I was able to kill that monk, the monk he was spreading his propaganda to, and escape without being seen (and without using my new nifty smoke bombs). I think I had a tiny joy-gazm when I pulled that off.

And wading though your post wasn't that bad. I'm verbose myself.
Well, it certainly helped them to keep an air of mystery around them.
Anyway, I agree fully with your posts. It's good that Ubi stayed true to the character, but to me it's a shame that the character is basically unfit to be an assassin in my eyes.

I also liked that mission (I've got the Dutch version of the game and I don't have a clue what it's called either) a lot. Stealth was needed, which was great.

It's good that you didn't think it bad. People are always nagging me about how I use too difficult words, which is annoying as hell. >.>

RandomRansom
09-22-2010, 01:20 PM

Well, it certainly helped them to keep an air of mystery around them.
Anyway, I agree fully with your posts. It's good that Ubi stayed true to the character, but to me it's a shame that the character is basically unfit to be an assassin in my eyes.

I also liked that mission (I've got the Dutch version of the game and I don't have a clue what it's called either) a lot. Stealth was needed, which was great.

It's good that you didn't think it bad. People are always nagging me about how I use too difficult words, which is annoying as hell. >.>

True, it probably did help to keep an air of mystery about them. I think they tried to keep it that way a little (some people chatting on the bridge about how they thought the assassin wasn't real, but they wish he'd come back). Not enough, it seems, though.

I hope the Ezio character redeems himself with you in this next game. I know he's got less work to do with me.

You can use difficult words with me anytime. I don't think I'd ever complain about someone's vocabulary. I love learning new ways to explain things and express myself.

PhiIs1618033
09-23-2010, 01:39 AM
True, it probably did help to keep an air of mystery about them. I think they tried to keep it that way a little (some people chatting on the bridge about how they thought the assassin wasn't real, but they wish he'd come back). Not enough, it seems, though.

I hope the Ezio character redeems himself with you in this next game. I know he's got less work to do with me.

You can use difficult words with me anytime. I don't think I'd ever complain about someone's vocabulary. I love learning new ways to explain things and express myself.
Well, Ezio as a character is okay, but I don't really connect with all this 'THEY KILLED MY FAMILY NOW I WILL KILL THEM ALL WITHOUT HAVING LEARNED ANYTHING' (beginning of the game) and 'GOOD IDEA, I'LL LET MY GREATEST ENEMY LIVE' (ending of the game), which seems to me stupid. Yes, it's a noble deed and all that, but it doesn't stroke with my opinion of how an assassin should be (professional). Anyway, I'm ranting here. Ezio's a cool guy, but not a proper assassin, kind of like the way I've got a lot of knowledge, but just can't shut up. Yeah, like that.

itsamea-mario
09-23-2010, 01:41 AM
yeah its sort of stupid sparing rodrigo, sure it wont bring back his family, but that doesn't change the fact that he is the templar grandmaster.

Caligula__
09-23-2010, 01:44 AM
^tots agree (read EA51's sig "'If Ezio hadn't decided to be a moral idiot at the end of AC2, then his Villa would be ok and so would his Uncle Mario... but then again we wouldn't have an absolutely awesome game coming in November' - Me")

like EA51 (or is it EzioAssassin51?) said, if he hadn't done that we wouldn't have Brotherhood but srsly Ezio, r u "special" or did Ubisoft just want to try and stay with historical events? (Rodrigo dieing in 150whatever)

EzioAssassin51
09-23-2010, 02:17 AM
EA51 is fine with me, for efficiency purposes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And i agree with you though! My sig is true (not to brag) but it seems like Ezio is a complete idiot for doing that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, back on topic...

RandomRansom
09-23-2010, 04:20 AM

Well, Ezio as a character is okay, but I don't really connect with all this 'THEY KILLED MY FAMILY NOW I WILL KILL THEM ALL WITHOUT HAVING LEARNED ANYTHING' (beginning of the game) and 'GOOD IDEA, I'LL LET MY GREATEST ENEMY LIVE' (ending of the game), which seems to me stupid. Yes, it's a noble deed and all that, but it doesn't stroke with my opinion of how an assassin should be (professional). Anyway, I'm ranting here. Ezio's a cool guy, but not a proper assassin, kind of like the way I've got a lot of knowledge, but just can't shut up. Yeah, like that.

Definite SPOILER ALERT

Well, maybe Ezio just didn't see him as a threat anymore. Ezio had stopped him from doing what he wanted to: opening the door to the Minerva message. Ezio probably takes the pieces of Eden with him when he leaves (or at least the most dangerous one: the apple). It could be that Ezio didn't think Rodrigo had anything else big up his sleeve (but would assassinate him later if there was just cause).

Maybe Ezio is still kind of cocky at the end of ACII, but he still has better judgment in terms of assassinations (unrefined judgment but still better). Ezio thinks the wind is out of Rodrigo's sails, and he's got nothing left and killing him won't bring back his family, hence no reason to kill in Ezio's mind. We as the gamers know how stupid he was being (due to our future knowledge of what the Templars are doing and are going to do and their motivations, etc.), but he doesn't.

I guess I'm just trying to make the artwork that is ACII as good as it can be, for me. I'm not typically one to put down someone else's work, even if I don't totally agree with it. When I find something I enjoy, I try to make it as fun for me as possible and not try to poke any holes in it. You know, look for creative ways to make something work rather than dismissing them as mistakes. I did that with a few movies that seemed to have continuity issues that, as a result, aren't continuity issues for me anymore.

Sorry if that bothers anyone.

Caligula__
09-23-2010, 04:30 AM
I think it's he's really depressed and has realised that's he's spent 10-30 years of his life chasing down this group of people but as soon as he kills one person he finds another person in the plot and so he goes after them and it keeps on going until he gets to Rodrigo, the "rotten apple" and he sets off with full intent to murder him but is beaten back so he tries to beat Roddy again but he flees so he chases Roddy and fights mano e mano, fist to fist and thinks Roddy's just an old man who's been beaten so he leaves him but then...
Dun-dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I think these quotes best describe it

"It's been ten years since I watched my father and brothers die. Ten years hunting the men responsible. I'm close to the end now, but no closer to knowing what any of it was for!"

"I thought... I thought I was beyond this. But I'm not. I've waited too long, lost too much. Requiescat in pace, you bastard!"

"Killing you won't bring my family back...I'm done."

(Mods, sorry for the swear word but Ubisoft used it in the game and presumably everyone on these threads has played the game and they've most likely heard worse language considering everyone is obviously over 18 cause of the age limit)

I also hope you'll see whether Roddy's run away after you leave Minerva

RandomRansom
09-23-2010, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
I think it's he's really depressed and has realised that's he's spent 10-30 years of his life chasing down this group of people but as soon as he kills one person he finds another person in the plot and so he goes after them and it keeps on going until he gets to Rodrigo, the "rotten apple" and he sets off with full intent to murder him but is beaten back so he tries to beat Roddy again but he flees so he chases Roddy and fights mano e mano, fist to fist and thinks Roddy's just an old man who's been beaten so he leaves him but then...
Dun-dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I think these quotes best describe it

"It's been ten years since I watched my father and brothers die. Ten years hunting the men responsible. I'm close to the end now, but no closer to knowing what any of it was for!"

"I thought... I thought I was beyond this. But I'm not. I've waited too long, lost too much. Requiescat in pace, you b@$7@&%!" <span class="ev_code_RED">(just in case it's censored)</span>

"Killing you won't bring my family back...I'm done."

(Mods, sorry for the swear word but Ubisoft used it in the game and presumably everyone on these threads has played the game and they've most likely heard worse language considering everyone is obviously over 18 cause of the age limit)

I also hope you'll see whether Roddy's run away after you leave Minerva

I think you're right. I will say it could seem a bit quick on his part to turn toward not killing him out of revenge, but maybe not. "I thought I was past this, but I'm not." And maybe after the LONG fight (and it was two decently long fights with some dramatic dialogue mixed in), he finally got rid of that revenge beast he had inside. "I thought I was past this... (and now I know I am) I'm done." And saw Rodrigo as an old man... beaten with his plans in shambles. Ezio wouldn't kill him out of revenge anymore so Roddy, as you called him, was no threat to Ezio anymore.

I bet we will see Rodrigo run away or at least take note of him not being there anymore.

Thanks for the quotes, McTavish. It really helped to illustrate your point.

PhiIs1618033
09-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Definite SPOILER ALERT

Well, maybe Ezio just didn't see him as a threat anymore. Ezio had stopped him from doing what he wanted to: opening the door to the Minerva message. Ezio probably takes the pieces of Eden with him when he leaves (or at least the most dangerous one: the apple). It could be that Ezio didn't think Rodrigo had anything else big up his sleeve (but would assassinate him later if there was just cause).

Maybe Ezio is still kind of cocky at the end of ACII, but he still has better judgment in terms of assassinations (unrefined judgment but still better). Ezio thinks the wind is out of Rodrigo's sails, and he's got nothing left and killing him won't bring back his family, hence no reason to kill in Ezio's mind. We as the gamers know how stupid he was being (due to our future knowledge of what the Templars are doing and are going to do and their motivations, etc.), but he doesn't.

I guess I'm just trying to make the artwork that is ACII as good as it can be, for me. I'm not typically one to put down someone else's work, even if I don't totally agree with it. When I find something I enjoy, I try to make it as fun for me as possible and not try to poke any holes in it. You know, look for creative ways to make something work rather than dismissing them as mistakes. I did that with a few movies that seemed to have continuity issues that, as a result, aren't continuity issues for me anymore.

Sorry if that bothers anyone.
I figured everyone would've finished AC2 by now.

I do that too, but sometimes the hole's just too big to fix, and I'm worried about that happening in AC:B. Planning your assassination was already dropped and it wasn't particulary hard to do it unstealthy. I can fix the second one, but not the first unless I've already played through, which makes the game a lot less fun and surprising.

RandomRansom
09-23-2010, 01:30 PM

I do that too, but sometimes the hole's just too big to fix, and I'm worried about that happening in AC:B. Planning your assassination was already dropped and it wasn't particulary hard to do it unstealthy. I can fix the second one, but not the first unless I've already played through, which makes the game a lot less fun and surprising.

Some people are probably waiting for the price drop to get ACII, but you could be right.

In the latest Interview video they actually mention there being notes on how Ezio originally finished the mission you're on. You can deviate from that (read be less stealthy and assassin-esque) but you won't get 100% synch by doing that. You'll even get more missions unlocked by doing what Ezio originally did on that mission (but you can still beat the game without having done all that).

I hope they have planning the assassination being a part of "what Ezio originally did" so even that will be more in this game than ACII.

I hope I'm not misreading your post. Fixing "the second one" refers to something in your post or mine? That type of stuff.

PhiIs1618033
09-24-2010, 05:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

Some people are probably waiting for the price drop to get ACII, but you could be right.

In the latest Interview video they actually mention there being notes on how Ezio originally finished the mission you're on. You can deviate from that (read be less stealthy and assassin-esque) but you won't get 100% synch by doing that. You'll even get more missions unlocked by doing what Ezio originally did on that mission (but you can still beat the game without having done all that).

I hope they have planning the assassination being a part of "what Ezio originally did" so even that will be more in this game than ACII.

I hope I'm not misreading your post. Fixing "the second one" refers to something in your post or mine? That type of stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was referring to the second problem I mentioned, that it wasn't hard to be unstealthy and succesful.