PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck comes in 3s?

AdolphMeinhard
08-16-2006, 07:46 AM
They say that bad luck comes in threes. This Kaleun is having a trend going. Setting course for Am53 out of St Nazaire. I get jumped by about a dozen bees. Short Sunderlands, Hurricanes and the hated Liberators. Very proud of flak crew on my type IXD as they give all them an introduction to Davey Jones. Just I am celebrating our good shooting another 6 Short Sunderland jump us. Flak crew again engages and shoots down every one except the last one is coming at us from 176 bearing. I order left full rudder and we shoot him down. He crashes just forward of conning tower and I get the mission results screen. The very next patrol out of St Nazaire, (I used the SH3 witchdoctor to resurrect us, since afterall, it was clearly a technical glitch that got us killed) We intercept a fairly large convoy just 20km from the shelf due west of Merthyr. After sinking a Troop Transport and 2 fat T3s we successfully evade the DDs and sail on course 276 to find deeper water for reloading at snorkel depth. Sound contact from sonar that enemy warship is off starboard beam closing at long range. Lower snorkel and observation periscope shows clear horizon 360 around boat. Lower observation pscope and time compress X64. Notice redline closes to boat so go to all stop time compress X1 and order silent running up Attack Pscope. Swing pscope around to see VW with bones in teeth closing to 500 meters. Enemy is pinging us sir! Hear the propellors and order head full evasive maneuvers to full rudder port 90 degrees. VW makes one pass and I get the death screen again. Think maybe I'll see the witch doctor again and hold mast on the sonar operator, who is gold cross wearer. LOL! Anyway this is a great game, anyone having similar luck lately? A.M.

AdolphMeinhard
08-16-2006, 07:46 AM
They say that bad luck comes in threes. This Kaleun is having a trend going. Setting course for Am53 out of St Nazaire. I get jumped by about a dozen bees. Short Sunderlands, Hurricanes and the hated Liberators. Very proud of flak crew on my type IXD as they give all them an introduction to Davey Jones. Just I am celebrating our good shooting another 6 Short Sunderland jump us. Flak crew again engages and shoots down every one except the last one is coming at us from 176 bearing. I order left full rudder and we shoot him down. He crashes just forward of conning tower and I get the mission results screen. The very next patrol out of St Nazaire, (I used the SH3 witchdoctor to resurrect us, since afterall, it was clearly a technical glitch that got us killed) We intercept a fairly large convoy just 20km from the shelf due west of Merthyr. After sinking a Troop Transport and 2 fat T3s we successfully evade the DDs and sail on course 276 to find deeper water for reloading at snorkel depth. Sound contact from sonar that enemy warship is off starboard beam closing at long range. Lower snorkel and observation periscope shows clear horizon 360 around boat. Lower observation pscope and time compress X64. Notice redline closes to boat so go to all stop time compress X1 and order silent running up Attack Pscope. Swing pscope around to see VW with bones in teeth closing to 500 meters. Enemy is pinging us sir! Hear the propellors and order head full evasive maneuvers to full rudder port 90 degrees. VW makes one pass and I get the death screen again. Think maybe I'll see the witch doctor again and hold mast on the sonar operator, who is gold cross wearer. LOL! Anyway this is a great game, anyone having similar luck lately? A.M.

Shahed_Kazi
08-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Not me.

About to complete very close to 100k patrol in GW1.1. The DDs don't even know I exist, as for planes I've seen a few but never shot one down, have been damaged once by one who also killed the flak gunner. The only casualty on U-49 so far... so good.