PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Ending

Dragonfire126
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
The main storyline of AC2 was great, but the ending blew my mind. Really could feel the energy and all. To bad about the boss, he was a bit...weak...

Seeing what they did in the Prince of Persia games for endings this one disappointed me.

So; Good, but only because of some interesting theories at the end!

keepth3beat
11-22-2009, 06:03 PM
The final boss fight was the most fun I had in the entire game. I was laughing every time I picked him up, threw him down and stomped on his nuts. *wipes away a tear* Oh, Ubisoft.

The ending by itself was exactly what I was expecting in terms of storytelling... the rest of it (as I've said on other threads many times) fell flat for me. But the ending itself was good.

sm312
11-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Let me just put it this way after beating it and finding out about the other warehouse and the whole sun blowing up, and how they're going to stop it is gonna to kill me on the inside till AC3 comes out!! Also I read more into the truth and now I want to find out about subject 16's story and how he's related to all this! Come on Ubi make a AC3!! Also after you beat the game turn on eagle vision doesn't look like the sun's red and there's a ring around it or is it just me?

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-22-2009, 07:00 PM
i like it.... i kind of like the fact.... that the world was highly advanced.... and then the first solar flair attacked earth and caused it to go into a dark times

Noccifer
11-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Honestly Idk weather to like or dislike the ending.

The entire game was fantastic (except the controls and gimicky combat restrictions, but no one but a game designer would really notice those) but come the ending, I felt a little betrayed.

That the devs chose to unveil "divinity" is in fact one of the dumbest things you can do in storytelling (which is one of the many reasons blizzard entertainment are absolute morons).

However it can be forgiven if given further explanation or that "we built you in our image" thing Minerva said. If you seen S16's video (completed) you get a little insight on that. In fact all the conspiracy letters and puzzles are believable (meaning not really, but there is no way to contradict them).

However, after the Vidic fight, the few last words uttered by Lucy as the screen turned black really scared me for AC's sake: they were suggesting that a solar flare could **** up the Earth since it;s magnetic field was weakening.

It was very vague, but IF this makes AC jump onto the bandwagon of ****** "2012'ers" that "warn" us of the end of the world and blah blah bullsh!t, then the game will die a horrible painful death. Hopefully Ubi is smarter than that, but it's not inspiring confidence.

kew414
11-22-2009, 07:20 PM
I loved the ending http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I just love how they've related so many times and events together and it's all come down to this one huge difficulty. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
AC3 is going to be epic. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, I want to have the story-writers babies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Xyks
11-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I loved the ending. The moment i entered the tomb i was like what the hell is going on here. I mean the ACI ending implied the total opposit of that...

On the other hand i was kind of sad that the game was over. Sure the gametime was over the top, still i want more ;(
But now that im through i can say that ACII is definately one of the best games i played so far...

My only concern were the "Abstergo-guards".I mean cant the most powerful company in the world afford guns? I was already wondering before how they would do that in AC3 since Firearms would change the whole combat system...
Still i think the guards using only those sticks would be really unauthentical!

kazimyakub
11-22-2009, 09:26 PM
...cant the most powerful company in the world afford guns? ....Still i think the guards using only those sticks would be really unauthentical!

So that you can read the credits (if you wanted to...) plus just concentrate on the banter/chatter while you simply mash buttons...no health bar...

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Xyks:
I loved the ending. The moment i entered the tomb i was like what the hell is going on here. I mean the ACI ending implied the total opposit of that...

On the other hand i was kind of sad that the game was over. Sure the gametime was over the top, still i want more ;(
But now that im through i can say that ACII is definately one of the best games i played so far...

My only concern were the "Abstergo-guards".I mean cant the most powerful company in the world afford guns? I was already wondering before how they would do that in AC3 since Firearms would change the whole combat system...
Still i think the guards using only those sticks would be really unauthentical! they wanted to capture desmond, not kill him.....

LuxSolisPax
11-22-2009, 10:30 PM
they wanted to capture desmond, not kill him.....

Stun Gun...rubber bullets...tear gas...stun batons...

Edengoth
11-22-2009, 10:36 PM
I think rearranging the supposed premise of the world tends to have to make one rethink every single event in the game. That's good in doses, but extremely outlandish creation myths with historical fiction? Ick.
Also, I didn't like how they revealed "Those Who Came Before". Some mysteries are more fun when they are just that: mysteries.

I loved AC2, and this ending definitely mopped the floor with AC1's ending, but I dunno...it lacked something. When you end with a bang, it loses its effect when that bang derails the whole flow of the story (cutting off Ezio's significance rather abruptly).

BTW, this thread needs spoiler tags badly, even though the title is self-evident. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif