PDA

View Full Version : Heydrich

zugfuhrer
09-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Good to find out that this forum is still alive. According to Guido Knopp did Heydrich flew a Me109 during operation Weserubung and participated as fighter pilot during "fall gelb" and east of river Berezina he was forced to ditch and was lost for two days during "barbarossa".
Sad to humanity he returned. (He didnt meet any red falcons from Forgotten battles unfortunatly)
Does anyone know anything about this?

zugfuhrer
09-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Good to find out that this forum is still alive. According to Guido Knopp did Heydrich flew a Me109 during operation Weserubung and participated as fighter pilot during "fall gelb" and east of river Berezina he was forced to ditch and was lost for two days during "barbarossa".
Sad to humanity he returned. (He didnt meet any red falcons from Forgotten battles unfortunatly)
Does anyone know anything about this?

LStarosta
09-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Why are you such a Kra-- err German hater?

Jenny_B
09-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Yes, he participated as a pilot in both Weserübung-Süd and Weserübung-Nord. After his little hike in the USSR, he wasn't allowed to fly anymore. Besides flying, he played the violin, rode horses and was a top notch fencer when he wasn't busy earning his nickname "The Butcher of Prague" (he was Reichs Protektor of B¶hmen and M¤hren) or planning the Holocaust.

A rather disagreeable bloke, I'd say. For some strange reason, lots of women fell for him. I wouldn't.

RocketDog
09-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Different Heydrich, I think.

Regards,

RcketDog.

DangerForward
09-24-2004, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jenny_B:
Yes, he participated as a pilot in both Weserübung-Süd and Weserübung-Nord. After his little hike in the USSR, he wasn't allowed to fly anymore. Besides flying, he played the violin, rode horses and was a top notch fencer when he wasn't busy earning his nickname "The Butcher of Prague" (he was Reichs Protektor of B¶hmen and M¤hren) or planning the Holocaust.

A rather disagreeable bloke, I'd say. For some strange reason, lots of women fell for him. I wouldn't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He flew with JG1 for fun, and was friends with the gruppe commander Eric Mix. His 109 had the SS rune on it.

Arms1
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
Why are you such a Kra-- err German hater? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

???? i dont think the previous poster stated anything about hating germans and i think that maybe you should grow up a bit more and perhaps phrase your response differently, with regards to heydrich it would be hard not to hate a butcher of his magnitude

LStarosta
09-24-2004, 08:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arms1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
Why are you such a Kra-- err German hater? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

???? i dont think the previous poster stated anything about hating germans and i think that maybe you should grow up a bit more and perhaps phrase your response differently, with regards to heydrich it would be hard not to hate a butcher of his magnitude <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps you should lay off the Haterade, buddy.

My statement was a purely satirical response, and I really feel stupid if I have to point that out to you, because it defeats the purpose of satire in the first place.

Bearcat99
09-24-2004, 09:37 PM
I dont know which one you are talking about but if it is Reinhart Heydrich then please.. dont tarnish these forums with the memory of that Nazi murdering SCUM. Even in terms of history he is the one man who personifies all the evil all the demonic, sadistic brutality of the Nazi regime. He is SCUM. SCUM. SCUM. Actually he is DEAD.. DEAD.. DEAD.. but the mere memory of him is SCUM. His name is SCUM. SCUM.

Sorry... I got carried away.... that scum does that to me.. if its the other Heydrich then of course this is all moot. But the Reinhart??!! SCUM!!!!

And this has nothing to do with Germans in general. It has everything to do with one evil, evil man who happend to be German.

Fehler
09-25-2004, 04:42 AM
Actually, there was an HBO movie called "Conspiracy" (I believe). A very interesting movie to watch. It really makes you wonder how a group of men can sit around eating finger sandwiches all the while discussing the implimentation of "The final solution" which will lead the murder of millions of people.

If our world were suddenly wiped out of existance, leaving no one alive on the planet, what would an alien explorer think about our race? If they uncovered information or evidence of the holocost, they peobably not classify this planet as having a civilized population. Come to think of it, if you reflect on history for a little while, there is not much evidence that we ARE civilized.

DingleRoad
09-25-2004, 05:03 AM
Funnily enough, I just been watching Discovery's 'Face of Evil' series which featured this guy.
Two very brave Czech Commandos were parachuted in by RAF Halifax, to assasinate him.
He was so arrogant he did'nt believe anybody could kill him and he nearly survived the assasination. As his staff car slowed round a sharp bend in Prague one of the Commandos opened up, but unfortunately his gun jamned. Luckily the other guy had a bomb and some shrapnel together with some fragments of car seat hit Heydrich.
He later died from infection caused by the horse hair from the car seat.
Unfortunately the SS extracted a terrible revenge on the Czech civilians.

xrvjorn
09-25-2004, 10:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DingleRoad:
Two very brave Czech Commandos were parachuted in by RAF Halifax, to assasinate him.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read a quite interesting book on the subject. The plot was brave, but extremely unprofessional. The Halifax dropped them at the wrong place, and one the Czechs was hurt at the landing. The first thing the agents did, was to go to a farm and say something of the effect "Hi, we're agents on a secret mission against the nazis". Fortunately, nobody blew their cover. When they got to Prague, they enjoyed the attention they got when they told girls "we're the secret agents". Due to dumb luck they survived and bungled their way through the assasination. Heydrich's bodyguard/driver wasn't a star either; when he tried to return the fire, he pushed the magazine release instead of releasing the safety catch. Instead of firing, he could just watch the clip falling to the ground.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Unfortunately the SS extracted a terrible revenge on the Czech civilians. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was the object of the assasination. Heydrich used a carrot-and-stick aproach towards the Czechs in order to get some cooperation from them. That way, he managed to increase the output from the Czechoslovakian industry.

Because of this, the Brits wanted to cause friction between the Czechs and nazis. They though that killing the top nazi official in Czechoslovakia, would unleash a terror campaign that would turn the Czechs (more) against the nazis and harm their industry output. Thus, it was important to use Czech agents rather than British.

All of this worked according to plan, as we now know.

Apart from the mentioned motives to kill Heydrich, there were probably many other. I could easily think of a thousand.

zugfuhrer
09-28-2004, 12:07 PM
So no one knows what JG he flew for.

R.Heidrich had lot of skills but dont put politic aspects of this, and be critical when you study history. If you look at the primary source of facts, it wasnt so heroic or horrible.
It easy to make a demon if you abuse historical facts.
But I think that the citizens of Lidice or most civilians in Tjeckoslowakia would have seen him MIA.

csThor
09-28-2004, 12:22 PM
During "Weserübung" he flew under command of "Jagdgeschwader Schumacher" (later JG 1) and during Barbarossa he flew with JG 77. Initially he'd stayed with JG 1 (due to his friendship with Gruppenkommandeur of I./JG 1 Maj. Dr. Erich Mix) but he was bored and requested to fly on the Eastern Front (obviously hoped for some easy kills). After that "fateful" crashlanding he either went home very fast or was ordered to return to his usual post. There have been rumors that Himmler prohibited an appropriate treatment of his wounds (another rumor said he'd have survived if taken to a hospital) ... too much stuff for conspiration theories.

Heydrich was an extremely odd character. On the one hand he was the slaughterer we know, the cold-hearted administrator of the Holocaust and what Himmler called the "prototype" of an SS-Man (though Himmler feared him and his ambitions). But on the other hand he liked classic music and the fine arts, was said to have been a loving and caring father and - as mentioned - a good fencer and sportsman. To me this man is like a medal - two completely opposite sides. *shakes head*

Chuck_Older
09-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Well, the SS was pretty bureaucratic. I expect in it's system "success" would mean you had to watch your back because of the guy behind you, while looking for the best place to plunge a knife into the back in front of you, so Heydrich probably was like a pea in a pod. Badness is kinda funny. You'd think that since some people like him had so much badness, the opposite would be true, that folks are running around with so much goodness it's obvious...I ain't seen any lately http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif