PDA

View Full Version : Can`t get sim to recognise hotas. please help.

ratchet1961
02-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi
newbie to il2, have been a falcon 4 pilot up till now, i`ve had the il2 series for a while but never really gave it much time till now, but now i have and WOW, brilliant, the down side is the graphics are killing my pc but that will be fixed in the future, the problem i`ve got now the is sim won`t recognise my couger have loaded flies and macro`s into the joystick but still no go can any one help ?

bun-bun195333
02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
In the game, go to Controls and scroll down to the bottom, click the boxes and wiggle the corresponding axis, if the control moves the wrong way go back and wiggle in the opposite direction.
I have an Evenstrain modded Cougar, if you need a profile PM me with your email address and I'll be glad to send it to you.

Chivas
02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Like Bun says...and also check that the button and axis emulation box is green in the Hotas Cougar Control Panel. Also make sure you have compiled and downloaded your IL-2 profile in the Foxy Editor.

~Salute~
Chivas

ratchet1961
02-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi guy`s
thanks for the replys, have managed to get thottle ,rudder,elevator and ailerons working in th right directions and i`ve compiled and downloaded Jonas "stalker" johnson`s IL2fb-aep-pf hotas files and the emulation is switched on, but the sim still won`t pick up any of the buttons. i`ve been using a microsoft stick till now but i`am really getting into IL2 and thought its about time i set the couger up. i know its something i`am missing, you would of thought after all the years of flying Falcon i`d know what i`am doing, must be old age any more idea`s ?

Cajun76
02-28-2007, 01:58 PM
PM Tully__, he's a stick guru and forum mod. Good guy. Also, post in the Community Help forum for 1C:Maddox Games, they are wizards as well.

Waldo.Pepper
02-28-2007, 02:38 PM
In addition... "If" control panel/game controllers tells you, your stick is not the first ID, then you will need IL2sticks to make your life easier.

ratchet1961
02-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi
yeah i thought about that earlier so i`ve taken every controller out of the control panel/games controller list and just left the thrustmaster couger and still no joy, thanks for trying, anymore ides`s are welcomed.

Chivas
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
You can test your buttons in the Foxy editor by selecting Key Test under Apps. If the Cougar is listed in the windows game controllers list and your inputs are recognized in the Key Test window, 1946 should recognise the inputs.

One other thing make sure you click on the Macro file and Joystick file and click Save on each before compiling and downloading to the joystick. If you see your inputs recognised as your Falcon game inputs in the Key Test you know that the 1946/FB profile hasn't been Saved in Foxy and compiled/downloaded to the Cougar.

~Salute~
Chivas

Waldo.Pepper
02-28-2007, 05:48 PM
If al the buttons/whatever test well then you might try and create a new pilot in Il2 to test with. - failing that install a second copy of the game to a different directory and test with the 2nd copy.

ratchet1961
02-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks everybody for the reply`s, chivas got it, i`d forgot the save command, would`nt mined but in the past i`ve created and used my own joysyicks files without any problems. This is the great thing about the flight sim community, peoples willingness help. you realise i might or sat here till my head exploded and still missed it cheers.

Chocks away.

RAF74_Raptor
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the forums

ratchet1961
03-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks, there`s still about a thousand questions i need to ask in due time, right now i`am starting cobra`427`s campaign, first take off was a bit rough, managed to crash into the hanger, `don`t ask ` other than that so far its bin great fun, i seem to have to spend more time thinking about energy management than in falcon 4, still its all part of the learning curve.
Chocks away.