PDA

View Full Version : The Glyph Puzzles (opinion)

OldSckoolGamer
11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
First off wut the heck is up with the glyph thing anyway. PROGRAMMERS WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING. this is the most juvenile thing I have seen in a video game since floppy disk ghostbusters or carmen sandiego. lets get real 2010 is right around the corner we are on the cusp of video game technology. and yall have the nerve to throw a weak puzzle game in here that takes away from this truely revolutioary game. The tracking and citys are awesome this game was really beautifully put together. This whole glyph puzzle thing truely let me down. Otherwise the game is sweet. Please someone in ubisoft leak out the answers to the glyph puzzles so we can all go to sleep. I am truely sick of trying to find out which five pictures match up to the shotty clue. I am not tom hanks and this is not angels and demons. WTF

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
the puzzles are quite simple if you think about the questions it pretty much gives you the answer. I think they make a nice break from the game.

Jaraguro
11-24-2009, 12:44 PM
How the f*ck do you dislike them?
The glyphs were INCREDIBLY well done.
A marvelous feature to include in the game and I hope to see such a thing again.
It wasn't too hard, and besides if you don't get it, then just look it up. =/

It was deep and puzzling and goes so well for the Assassin's Creed genre.
By all means, Ubisoft, I'd love if that was repeated and improved.

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by OldSckoolGamer:
First off wut the heck is up with the glyph thing anyway. Well, maybe Subject 16 should have hidden them inside a floppy disk of Ghostbusters or Carmen Sandiego instead... And in between Animus sessions you could boot up your Macintosh and solve even lamer puzzles rendered in 8-bit format.
lets get real 2010 is right around the corner we are on the cusp of video game technology. and yall have the nerve to throw a weak puzzle game in here that takes away from this truely revolutioary game. Er... not sure in what context you're talking about 2010 and technology, but I found the way the puzzles are included and solved to be innovative and interesting, in terms of concept and design.

RobL92123
11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
First off wut the heck is up with the glyph thing anyway. PROGRAMMERS WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING. this is the most juvenile thing I have seen in a video game since floppy disk ghostbusters or carmen sandiego. lets get real 2010 is right around the corner we are on the cusp of video game technology. and yall have the nerve to throw a weak puzzle game in here that takes away from this truely revolutioary game. The tracking and citys are awesome this game was really beautifully put together. This whole glyph puzzle thing truely let me down. Otherwise the game is sweet. Please someone in ubisoft leak out the answers to the glyph puzzles so we can all go to sleep. I am truely sick of trying to find out which five pictures match up to the shotty clue. I am not tom hanks and this is not angels and demons. WTF

I disagree.

The subject 16 puzzles were AWESOME.
I want more... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

green_abobo
11-24-2009, 01:54 PM
they're cool. kinda remind me of the arkham asylum archives hidden throughout the batman game. a story within a story.

(spoilers?) the 5th glyph puzzle drove me nuts tryin to figure it out. kept thinking it had to do with religious figures but, it all boils down to the text in <span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span>

CraZm0nk
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Those puzzles were very interesting. If you haven't finished AC1 then you don't know what those glyphs are for. Those are the symbols that puzzled everyone at the end of AC1.
I mean what do you expect, you're playing a history based game involving high-end technology.

Hatzego
11-24-2009, 02:28 PM
I loved them! Glyph 20 bugged me for a little while what with the <span class="ev_code_white">no number wheel</span> but then I figured it out and thought 'of course! It's so simple!'

ChewyChavezIII
11-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I like the glyphs and think that the puzzles are fun. I do like to think on occasion though so that may be the difference.

The_Sphinx
11-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Including the Glyphs was probably one of the best things that happened in the entire game.

Not only were they challenging, but also extremely rewarding, interesting and not to mention a huge source of information on the over-arching storyline.

I feel sorry for you if you can't understand the importance of the Glyphs.

PhoenixFirewall
11-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Figured with a name like OldSckoolGamer you'd like the throwback. (j/k... sort of)

My only wish would have been for there to be more glyphs to find, to extend the Truth video, and make them even harder. I loved finding those hidden texts within the pictures. Great way to set conspiracy and intrigue.

gizamimikoharu
11-25-2009, 03:17 PM
the glyphs are totally awesome!

it really f**ks with your mind, the whole conspiracy and theories behind them all with such huge figures in history wielding PoE's. They really make you think.If you pay attention to the secrets lying within the puzzles it all fits so well into the deep story-line of the game.

NekoKera
11-25-2009, 04:42 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Just for this I feel like throwing in two more... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

The Truth will be revealed if only one would know where to LOOK.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4091/600pxmagnificatio.jpg http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6103/madonnapvecchio.jpg

Sentite
11-25-2009, 05:28 PM
The glyph puzzles are AMAZING! Also how can you call them weak, but cant seem to figure them out? All of the puzzles are at the right difficulty level with one or two of them making you put alittle more thought into them than the others.

UBISOFT the puzzles are great and I want to see mroe of them in AC3!

Tricai
11-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Agreed, the glyph puzzles were amazing.

Doing them always sent chills down my spine, with Subjet 16's talking and with all those sound effects during the puzzles.. wow. These NEED to be in AC3 too, I demand for it!

aHHiTzNoodle
11-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah dude why are you hating???.......when i see posts like this it kinda makes me wonder.......is someone being an angrybear cuz he cant figure them out???.....but wait thats right! How dare Ubisoft make us use our brains!!..lol...if you just want to be a veg and kill stuff go play halo.....(not that halo is a bad game) but jeez come on dude !!

Alexiphos
11-25-2009, 10:23 PM

You're simply an idiot. I love the puzzles. Bring on more puzzles come AC3!!!

HeadshotHonchoH
11-25-2009, 10:36 PM
LOL U MAD

the puzzles are great, dont hate cause u cant figure em out

NoxieDC
11-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Realjambo
11-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Topic Closed.