PDA

View Full Version : Planes in Development?

reflex11
10-18-2004, 05:39 PM
What ever happened to the Spitfire Mark XIV and the Tempest?

p1ngu666
10-19-2004, 07:46 PM
tempest near done, spit i dunno http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
icefire should tho http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

PlimPlam
10-20-2004, 03:04 AM
What about the spit1? Is it being made too?

Flatlander1961
10-22-2004, 03:57 PM
We need more maps and bombers not fighter planes where is the western europe map with england? maybe I missed it.

Obi_Kwiet
10-22-2004, 04:14 PM
People! If you want the plane make it! Oleg does what he wants! You already bought the game. When Oleg does patches for free! He does not have to. You always forget this!

VW-IceFire
10-22-2004, 11:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reflex11:
What ever happened to the Spitfire Mark XIV and the Tempest? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oleg last said just a little over two weeks ago that the Tempest external was done and nearly done being programmed (Oleg does alot of work on the "post production"). The cockpit was nearly done as well but not yet ready.

Spitfire XIV I'm trying to "project manage". We've got Fievel tidying up the main detail areas and Outlaw working on a cockpit. We're gathering resources on the cockpit and on the Gyro Gunsight...but its not really close to being finished yet.

Our wishlist is:
F XIVe
F XIVe (Clipped)
FR XIVe
FR XIVe (Clipped)

But we'll see if we can even get the one finished.

Copperhead310th
10-24-2004, 01:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reflex11:
What ever happened to the Spitfire Mark XIV and the Tempest? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oleg last said just a little over two weeks ago that the Tempest external was done and nearly done being programmed (Oleg does alot of work on the "post production"). The cockpit was nearly done as well but not yet ready.

Spitfire XIV I'm trying to "project manage". We've got Fievel tidying up the main detail areas and Outlaw working on a cockpit. We're gathering resources on the cockpit and on the Gyro Gunsight...but its not really close to being finished yet.

Our wishlist is:
F XIVe
F XIVe (Clipped)
FR XIVe
FR XIVe (Clipped)

But we'll see if we can even get the one finished. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good grief don't we have enough spitfire varrients all- freakin - ready. geez.
can't we just focus on the Tempest & Typhoon.
those are much more needed than YET ANOTHER dam spitfire type. IMO.

IAFS_Painter
10-26-2004, 06:40 AM
IIRC, Spit XIV had a Griffin engine - a very different bird to the ones we have.

And yes, I'd like to see more of Sidney Camm's offerings in game toohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

WOLFMondo
10-26-2004, 06:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Our wishlist is:
F XIVe
F XIVe (Clipped)
FR XIVe
FR XIVe (Clipped)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news but whats the difference between the F and the FR version? Bubbletop & razorback? or for different altitudes?

reflex11
10-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the information. I have always liked the lines of XIV. So having the XIV with the correct sound would be awesome. H*ll I would buy all 3 games again if they would fix the Merlin sound! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Luftcaca
10-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Spit XIV had a Griffin engine

lmao!
was its first name Peter?

it had a GRIFFON engine, a Griffon 61 I think

SAF_Rock
10-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Hmmm,havent heard a thing about the Mosquito,might try my hand at creating a model of that wooden wonder.

Vortex_uk
10-27-2004, 06:39 PM
we have a Seafire,now can we have a Seahurricane please? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Please, oh please say you're doing the B25H... please please please!

Oh, did I say "please" yet?... PLEASE!

The Mitchell gunship... 75mm flying artillery with all round .50 coverage. What could be cooler than that?!

(please)

VW-IceFire
10-28-2004, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
Our wishlist is:
F XIVe
F XIVe (Clipped)
FR XIVe
FR XIVe (Clipped)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news but whats the difference between the F and the FR version? Bubbletop & razorback? or for different altitudes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
F is the "fighter" version which has the standard Spitfire razorback type look. The FR version is the later XIV that came out with a camera on the port side and a bubble canopy. I think this is the only plane of the period to have the "fighter recon" designation.

Fievel did a FR (bubble) version first so its likely that it will make it. The F version we'll have to see...

Copperhead...since the Tempest and Typhoon are essentially already done and entirely out of my reach and since I was able to at least try and slightly help in re-organizing the XIV project I figured it would be a worthwhile adventure. The XIV represents a VASTLY different Spitfire than the Mark IX. Its quite a bit heavier, with a much more powerful engine, and its speed and climb are much greater. This comes at a loss in handling. Expect it to be a different plane in many respects. So its not just "another Spitfire".

VW-IceFire
10-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Just to be specific:

Tempest External: Completed and with Oleg (last we heard it was almost programmed in)
Tempest Cockpit: Being finalized by the development team (Not yet with Oleg as far as we know)
Typhoon External: Completed months ago by Harti and with Oleg for programming (presumed done)
Typhoon Cockpit: Hoping to be collaborated with the Tempest cockpit since the two are remarkable similar (on the Typhoon IB Cockpit anyways)

So those are essentially out of the hands of other modelers. Thus the effort on the Spit.

faustnik
10-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Great news IceFire. We appreciate the effort! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

269GA-Veltro
10-29-2004, 05:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vortex_uk:
we have a Seafire,now can we have a Seahurricane please? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bump for the Seahurricane!

No601_Zulu
10-29-2004, 08:47 AM
SAF_Rock

The Mosquito has allready been modelled by Prangster
Check it out at Netwings site.

WOLFMondo
10-29-2004, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
Our wishlist is:
F XIVe
F XIVe (Clipped)
FR XIVe
FR XIVe (Clipped)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news but whats the difference between the F and the FR version? Bubbletop & razorback? or for different altitudes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
F is the "fighter" version which has the standard Spitfire razorback type look. The FR version is the later XIV that came out with a camera on the port side and a bubble canopy. I think this is the only plane of the period to have the "fighter recon" designation.

Fievel did a FR (bubble) version first so its likely that it will make it. The F version we'll have to see...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ok, never realised that, I thought that was what the XIX was built for as thats just an XIV with cameras an no guns. Personally, the bubbletop version of the XIV I think is the best looking Griffon spit after the Mk22.

No601_prangster
10-30-2004, 06:33 PM
As Zulu said SAF_Rock the Mossies already done and with Oleg. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif