PDA

View Full Version : realistic startup for B-25

raf238_judan
01-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Is there a way to set up the b-25 for a manual realistic startup,like battery,magneto,mixture.
Thanks Judan

raf238_judan
01-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Is there a way to set up the b-25 for a manual realistic startup,like battery,magneto,mixture.
Thanks Judan

Kuna15
01-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I didn't flew B-25 much but I think that you can set up magneto positions, of course separate engines, mixtures, bombardier position (gunsite), I *think* supercharger (or is it auto :?) and prop pitch.

No batteries operable... magneto, ppitch & mixture is also set up automatically on start so you don't have to play with it although you can if you want.

xTHRUDx
01-23-2006, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">manual realistic startup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, that only happens in sims, not games

AH_Gonzo
01-23-2006, 06:11 PM
While I don't think you can do a full manual start in this game next time you start up a B-25 have a look around the cockpit. The virtual pilot does actualy go through all the motions as if starting the real thing even to the point of priming the engines by pumping the throttles.

PBNA-Boosher
01-23-2006, 09:36 PM
A realistic startup procedure would be starting your right engine first, because it's the engine farthest away from you, and you need to listen to it carefully to make sure nothing's wrong. Then you start the left engine.

Tully__
01-23-2006, 11:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raf238_judan:
Thanks Judan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unfortunately no. This is a combat simulator, not a procedures simulator.

Dunkelgrun
01-24-2006, 01:07 AM
You can play with the magnetos - you can check to see if the revs drop appropriately whilst warming up (which they will as no random failures are modelled). That's about it though.
If you really want to you can shut your engine down by decreasing the mixture to 0% then turning off the mags, but the prop movement and engine sounds don't get any more realistic even when you do.

Cheers!

msalama
01-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Well, you can use pseudo-realistic checklists / procedures in this game if that's your cuppa joe - is mine whenever time permits, i.e. when flying offline missions, online's too hysterical for such finesse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'll post mine later when I get back home...