PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunt perk?

ShootingProdi
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Im confused by what it does

Toxic_Crow_1
11-22-2010, 03:01 AM
I think you don't hear footsteps. Many times you can hear when some is on a rooftop.

HaxGeneration
11-22-2010, 03:19 AM
They have descriptions for each perk/ability in the customization ya know

XxKillaSniperxX
11-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by HaxGeneration:

He may not have it unlocked yet. Anyway, according to the description it reduces how quickly the detection meter decreases.

CourtJestGaming
11-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HaxGeneration:

He may not have it unlocked yet. Anyway, according to the description it reduces how quickly the detection meter decreases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silent hunt reduces how QUICKLY the detection meter goes down.

IE: If you are following a target, usually the meter may go down at a normal rate if you are not being as stealthy as you should be. However with the perk, the meter depletes slower, allowing you to be a bit less stealthy without losing as much from the meter as you otherwise normally would.

Basically, it helps you stay incognito etc easier if you tend to not be stealthy so much, allowing you to possibly earn the higher points for inncognito/silent etc.

It's not a bad perk, but If you are the type of player that constantly tries to stay incognito during your kills, I wouldn't bother with it.

If you are the type to run around corners and find yourself not being incognito alot when making the kill, I'd say go for it.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by NinjaYourFaceUp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HaxGeneration:

He may not have it unlocked yet. Anyway, according to the description it reduces how quickly the detection meter decreases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IE: If you are following a target, usually the meter may go down at a normal rate if you are not being as stealthy as you should be. However with the perk, the meter depletes slower, allowing you to be a bit less stealthy without losing as much from the meter as you otherwise normally would.

Basically, it helps you stay incognito etc easier if you tend to not be stealthy so much, allowing you to possibly earn the higher points for inncognito/silent etc.

It's not a bad perk, but If you are the type of player that constantly tries to stay incognito during your kills, I wouldn't bother with it.

If you are the type to run around corners and find yourself not being incognito alot when making the kill, I'd say go for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So it's a "runner point boost" option, basically?

luth411
11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Not in the sense you've alluded to here. Someone running around the map like a lunatic is still going to break into a chase more often then not.

If you've been tailing your contract and see another pursuer about to take him down, this perk would be valuable for letting you quickly close the distance without being penalized as heavily. Similarly, if you're jogging up to a corner to come into line of sight, you won't suffer as much detection as you normally would in coming around a corner quickly.

TheXenon
11-22-2010, 12:59 PM
At level 48 I'm using Silent Hunt and Blender as my perks. Don't think you unlock any new Perk at 49 and at 50 you unlock new color+new gear. I think Silent Hunt and Blender are the best Perk combo.

That's my opinion though.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by mpagano411:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Not in the sense you've alluded to here. Someone running around the map like a lunatic is still going to break into a chase more often then not.

If you've been tailing your contract and see another pursuer about to take him down, this perk would be valuable for letting you quickly close the distance without being penalized as heavily. Similarly, if you're jogging up to a corner to come into line of sight, you won't suffer as much detection as you normally would in coming around a corner quickly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it doesn't make a huge difference to the meter's speed then?

Good to know.

I may find that useful then.

CourtJestGaming
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

If you've been tailing your contract and see another pursuer about to take him down, this perk would be valuable for letting you quickly close the distance without being penalized as heavily. Similarly, if you're jogging up to a corner to come into line of sight, you won't suffer as much detection as you normally would in coming around a corner quickly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it doesn't make a huge difference to the meter's speed then?

Good to know.

I may find that useful then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct. It's not like some perk you can use, when actually running at a target and expect it to remain in silent levels etc.

It's mostly useful as I and mpagano411 stated initially.

Useful for those who may run around corners not totally expecting a target to be as close as they end up being or so forth.

But like I said, if you find yourself mostly killing incognito to begin with, I would say skip out on this perk.

TheXenon
11-22-2010, 01:10 PM
It's also good for little bursts of jogging/sprinting to get close enough to your target for a silent kill if you've already blown your incognito opportunity.

Xkorpio_769
11-25-2010, 09:29 AM
It said to reduce the speed by which the detection meter goes down. There's no difference!

Live by the creed.

Coolgerb
11-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by NinjaYourFaceUp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:

If you are the type to run around corners and find yourself not being incognito alot when making the kill, I'd say go for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure if I'm taking your post too literally, but if you reduce the detection meter by even a millimetre you're not incognito anymore, the most you can get is silent. Incognito (200) > Silent (100) > Discreet (50) > Running idiot (0)

Keksus
11-25-2010, 04:39 PM

Is there any perk besides the one which morphs one NPC in a group into a NPC who looks like you which you can use for stealthy gameplay?

I only saw runner perks so far. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

CourtJestGaming
11-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Keksus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Silent hunt reduces how QUICKLY the detection meter goes down.

Is there any perk besides the one which morphs one NPC in a group into a NPC who looks like you which you can use for stealthy gameplay?

I only saw runner perks so far. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Overall Cooldown is a good one for Stealth folk also., as is Resistance, and the quick escape.

CourtJestGaming
11-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NinjaYourFaceUp:

Not sure if I'm taking your post too literally, but if you reduce the detection meter by even a millimetre you're not incognito anymore, the most you can get is silent. Incognito (200) > Silent (100) > Discreet (50) > Running idiot (0) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too Too Literal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just meant that it increases the amount of time so to speak, that it doesn't drop in level, based upon how noisy you are.

Not that it "depletes" slower, per say like I think my wording kinda said and may have thrown you off with.