PDA

View Full Version : Why not...?

geoffspear
05-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, it's probably far too late now, but here's a thought that occurred to me:

For those of us who have concerns that our system will have trouble coping with the new flight model: why not split the download into two parts - new aircraft, objects etc. in one and new flight model in the other? That way we could take what we want or can deal with.

When BoB comes I'll have to upgrade if I want to play it. I know and accept that. But it would be nice to have the benefit of the addon aircraft in the meantime. I bought PF on the basis that I could still play it on my system, but a more intensive flight model could be just a little too much. So now I may have the choice of all or nothing - and I fear it may be nothing.

Is that a really dumb question?

VW-IceFire
05-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by geoffspear:
Well, it's probably far too late now, but here's a thought that occurred to me:

For those of us who have concerns that our system will have trouble coping with the new flight model: why not split the download into two parts - new aircraft, objects etc. in one and new flight model in the other? That way we could take what we want or can deal with.

When BoB comes I'll have to upgrade if I want to play it. I know and accept that. But it would be nice to have the benefit of the addon aircraft in the meantime. I bought PF on the basis that I could still play it on my system, but a more intensive flight model could be just a little too much. So now I may have the choice of all or nothing - and I fear it may be nothing.

Is that a really dumb question?
Biggest problem is lack of compatibility online. Second largest problem means having four builds instead of two (merged and standalone). More chances of confusion and problems.

Its a worthy suggestion but I don't see it being practical.

p1ngu666
05-22-2005, 05:12 PM
itll run fine http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

JG54_Arnie
05-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Not to worry man, you'll be fine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif