PDA

View Full Version : FMB question

JG7_Rall
10-14-2004, 06:26 PM
S!

Ok, I'm having trouble with the FMB. I open it up, load a map, and all I really want to do at this point is add an object. I do so by selecting the stationary ship, then put it on the map. Everything seems to work ok, but when I play/save it, not only are the things I added gone, but all the airfields etc that existed before are gone too. Any ideas?

S! Thanks for your help

hutch

JG7_Rall
10-14-2004, 07:19 PM
bump

Texas LongHorn
10-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Rall, remember you have to add YOU as a flying aircraft, then you should be able to save and then open the mission in a normal fashion. When I use the FMB I always make my own flight first, then add the other objects. Remember too that any object NOT static mush have at least one waypoint, that goes for AC, ships, vehicles, etc. All the best. LongHorn

VW-IceFire
10-14-2004, 09:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG7_Rall:
S!

Ok, I'm having trouble with the FMB. I open it up, load a map, and all I really want to do at this point is add an object. I do so by selecting the stationary ship, then put it on the map. Everything seems to work ok, but when I play/save it, not only are the things I added gone, but all the airfields etc that existed before are gone too. Any ideas?

S! Thanks for your help

hutch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or...so lets take it a step further.

Lets open the Crimea map. Find an airfield near the water. Select the aircraft. Find the IL-2 (for kicks!) and place a waypoint over the airfield (Ctrl-Click). Open up that waypoints properties and do two things. One, make that a takeoff waypoint (dropdown), two goto plane 1 and make it the player plane.

Then go and place your ship and place some waypoints to the ship. Then it should work quite nicely.

clint-ruin
10-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Actually, sounds to me like you forgot to click the 'player' button on an individual plane in the object box.

Edit: ah icefire got it too.

JG7_Rall
10-15-2004, 02:42 PM
If I want to make the map for MP, do I still do the same thing?

VW-IceFire
10-15-2004, 02:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG7_Rall:
If I want to make the map for MP, do I still do the same thing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No...you don't.

Depends on if you're doing dogfight or coop. COOPs built just like SP without ticking the player box. Dogfights you don't place any waypoints...just home bases.

JG7_Rall
10-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Ok, I'm trying to do it in for dogfight mode. I'll tell you what I'm doing and you can tell me to do otherwise if it's wrong.

I open FMB up, load a map, place bases, ships, etc. and then I save it in my IL2 missions/dogfight folder. When I host the map, all the bases, ships, ground targets, including the stuff that came with the map before I altered it, are gone. What should I do?

LStarosta
10-15-2004, 04:23 PM
I think it all depends on what kind of ship you want to insert. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VW-IceFire
10-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Ok, I'm trying to do it in for dogfight mode. I'll tell you what I'm doing and you can tell me to do otherwise if it's wrong.

I open FMB up, load a map, place bases, ships, etc. and then I save it in my IL2 missions/dogfight folder. When I host the map, all the bases, ships, ground targets, including the stuff that came with the map before I altered it, are gone. What should I do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are they static or moving ones?

You cannot place moving objects in the dogfight maps. Even if its a single waypoint...they will not show up.

Yellonet
10-15-2004, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
You cannot place moving objects in the dogfight maps. Even if its a single waypoint...they will not show up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which will make carrier group against carrier group in PF not as fun as it could have been http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif