PDA

View Full Version : 100% complete, but a little disappointed

Vey03
06-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, over the weekend, i decided to finish the game properly.
I did. It's finished at 100%. I have everything, and i've done everything.
But there seems to have not been any point for it, and i feel a little disappointed.

Please let me know if i'm missing something, because i have the standard PC version, but after downloading feather maps, getting all the treasure, delivering all those stupid letters, beating up cheating guys, etc, etc, etc, and a lot of running around, i'd thought there would be something at end to make it all worthwhile.
But there isn't. So far as i can see, there is no point whatsoever (apart from bragging about it) in doing any side missions or collecting anything, since you don't get anything for it.

And you have to do so much that en extra level (eg previous memory) would really have been great. I'm not talking about an extra weapon or 'thing', because the game's finished, that's pointless. I'm talking about an extra memory where you might learn something new for eg.

I guess they're going for increased playing time, but i'd rather start the game again than doing all that for nothing.

EmperorxZurg
06-29-2010, 12:10 AM
i think it might have been more about the experience of getting them, like wall running up a wall and jumping off to make an impossible catch and what not

Ru1986
06-29-2010, 06:06 AM
Without the side missions it would have been a very quick game. Read the AC book it might all make sense to you in there they explain allot in the book that is not explained in the game.

lilbacchant
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
Please let me know if i'm missing something, because i have the standard PC version, but after downloading feather maps, getting all the treasure, delivering all those stupid letters, beating up cheating guys, etc, etc, etc, and a lot of running around, i'd thought there would be something at end to make it all worthwhile.

Well, if you're missing something then so am I. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I could care less about reaching 100% since it's meaningless to the story and, frankly, most of the non-story stuff is trivial and, therefore, boring.

As someone else said in a different thread (apologies for not giving proper credit), instead of an assassin, he was being asked to be an aggressive marriage counselor, an almost as aggressive delivery man, and a hitman for the mafia.

The assassin contracts would've had some merit if, e.g., Ezio had to get a certain amount of experience before advancing to the next sequence. But since money is a non-issue by the time you're half way thru the game (if not before), there's no real motivation, for me, to do any of that stuff.

And the worst of all: collecting feathers. Please, for the love of all things entertaining and non-trivial, stop w/ the collection crap! Flags in AC1, feathers in AC2 ... Eek!

The_Gunner678
06-30-2010, 12:01 AM
People need to stop thinking about themselves.
Many people like the bonus/side missions and many people like exploring to collect the feathers. It's a good idea that can keep people busy for hours. If you don't want to do it don't, but let others that want to do it, be able to do it.

Vey03
06-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
As someone else said in a different thread (apologies for not giving proper credit), instead of an assassin, he was being asked to be an aggressive marriage counselor, an almost as aggressive delivery man, and a hitman for the mafia.

I mean, i can see in the beginning if you're a bit short of cash for that shiny new sword to do some of these.
My fav were the races, at least they made sense why they were there, and i don't know why there wasn't more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But i've no idea why on earth anyone in their right mind would go around beating up people's husbands. Or delivering letters. That was just wierd.

The assassin contracts would've had some merit if, e.g., Ezio had to get a certain amount of experience before advancing to the next sequence. But since money is a non-issue by the time you're half way thru the game (if not before), there's no real motivation, for me, to do any of that stuff.

Firstly, there were too many of them. And, i agree, they served no purpose.
I get it that as a member of the Creed, there will always be Templars who want to take over your city.
But nothing happened if you didn't do any of them. There were no consequences.
I would have prefered for it to be that if you didn't carry out, at least some of them, that part of your city was taken over by the people you were meant to assassinate.
And the only way you could stop this was to do all of them. And they all were linked somehow to the Spaniard for eg.
At least then, there would have been a point.

Skorpio, i'm not saying not to have them, and even now, replaying the game, if i see a feather, i'll go get it. And i like exploring.
I'm saying make the side missions part of (relevant to) the game.
And have something extra for the people who actually bother doing everything. Small things for each section completed, and then something bigger when you reach 100%.
I just wish i knew earlier that there was no point, because i wouldn't have wasted my time, as i found, especially the endless assassinations quite tedious and repetative towards to the end. And that took away from a brilliant game.

El_Sjietah
06-30-2010, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Mouse03:

Firstly, there were too many of them. And, i agree, they served no purpose.
I get it that as a member of the Creed, there will always be Templars who want to take over your city.
But nothing happened if you didn't do any of them. There were no consequences.
I would have prefered for it to be that if you didn't carry out, at least some of them, that part of your city was taken over by the people you were meant to assassinate.
And the only way you could stop this was to do all of them. And they all were linked somehow to the Spaniard for eg.
At least then, there would have been a point.

Keep in mind we're reliving someone's memories, not changing history altogether, so having entire districts change because of our actions is a big no-no. I agree on making sidemissions more prominent though. I particulary like your idea about an extra memory sequence. Nothing major or anything, but a small reveal in the wider scope of things. Kind of like The Truth vid.