PDA

View Full Version : Large Weapons

pccrofts0904
12-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Why is there a "6" next to the large weapon icon on the Wheel? Why do I lose a large weapon while I'm fighting? I can go to a Blacksmith shop and reload, but where did it go?

X10J
12-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Did you throw it?

muzzyb
12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
You must have thrown your weapon.

The six is the number of bullets in your hidden gun.

obliviondoll
12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Hold the attack button (X on XBox, square on PS3) and you throw a large weapon.

If you hit someone, you can pick it back up out of their heads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EmperorxZurg
12-07-2010, 09:38 PM
^ I love doing that to guards on horses XD they fly off the horse with a giant sword sticking out of their skull haha

X10J
12-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
^ I love doing that to guards on horses XD they fly off the horse with a giant sword sticking out of their skull haha

Me to, also: spears

Though a trident would be awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Though a trident would be awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed one of my favorite fighting features to the game. Love the axe throwing from close range makes a very satisfying sound.

KrYpToNiC95
12-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Though a trident would be awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fact there is a trident. On a farm on a hill going down towards the middle of the city a man is using a red rake while a man is sitting down next to him. It is 3 pronged. Sorry I have no map details but i always go back and get it every time.

tyrce111
12-08-2010, 05:58 AM
I wish we could keep the speer on our backs...
It is the best weapon for countering, but I dont like how I always loose it if I counter...

It would be awesome if Ezio could carry maybey a collapsible spear on his back or something...

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Has anyone been having a fight used a spear. Then at the end of the fight been left with just half the spear. I wish i had video recorded it now but i was left at the end of the fight with half a brocken spear and i could use it as a sword doing the same counters and attacks as the normal swords featured in the game.

muzzyb
12-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
Has anyone been having a fight used a spear. Then at the end of the fight been left with just half the spear. I wish i had video recorded it now but i was left at the end of the fight with half a brocken spear and i could use it as a sword doing the same counters and attacks as the normal swords featured in the game.

A brute must have smashed it in half.

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Not to threadjack, but I've read on several forums that the armoir looking piece of furniture in the upper right of your weapons room at Tiber Island can be interacted with & is actually used for weapons storage. According to these reports, weapons like the scimitar & the spear can be stored here (currently only obtainable by taking them from guards & cannot be stored anywhere for later use). Anyone aware of this? I cannot interact with this feature at all & cannot store weapons outside of the obvious weapon racks... Thanks!

obliviondoll
12-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Spear counter vs. Brute breaks spear in half.

You leave half of it in him.

If you have the point of the spear, it handles like a sword, the blunt end functions the way maces and hammers do.

Also, annoying that the 2-handed sword/axe counters are also "leave weapon in target" actions, but the game cuts off part of them when you're in killstreaks - looks a little awkward for some of the animations, and it would be easier to make spears look right doing this, but it doesn't let you killstreak with them from a counter.

As for the furniture in the hideout, haven't heard of that, and don't think it's for real.

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

As for the furniture in the hideout, haven't heard of that, and don't think it's for real.

Here's the link. Not sure I believe it, either, though...

Http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards...brotherhood/57333207 (Http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/996092-assassins-creed-brotherhood/57333207)

obliviondoll
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM
According to that thread, it's how you can find the scimitar and a couple of the other weapons which aren't on the open racks in your hideout's weapon room. I tend to change weapons at the Blacksmith more often than the hideout anyway...

Doesn't say anything about spears.

And I'm pretty sure the answer is "it's fake" or "it's not where weapons you stole from guards go, it's where the weapons that aren't on the visible racks go".

Won't specify which at this point, will get back to you once I've played the game and confirmed one way or another.

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
According to that thread... I'll let you know if I find anything as well. Thanks. It's not critical, but it'd be a neat feature - I spend more time switching weapons at the hideout since I more often use weapons like the Sword of Altier, Bartolomeo's Axe, etc that you cannot get at blacksmiths...

pccrofts0904
12-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks everyone. It's been very educational