PDA

View Full Version : Lost Game due to freezing while saving-X360

Darth_Tauri
11-20-2011, 08:16 PM
So, after putting about 20 hours into the game over this past weekend I was loading into my assassins hq to do the mission for the fourth seal/key. My game froze in the loading screen, WHILE SAVING!

So I reset my xbox and tried to load, started to load and then the save icon starts going again and I FREEZE!

Well, needless to say I am ****ed at this point, tried again and when I go to load it says the file is corrupted, but it has made a backup (awesome!), go to load... same f-ing problem....

So, now I have to start ALL OVER again, but this time I am making my own redundant backups, hopefully this doesnt happen again.

Darth_Tauri
11-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I guess what I was looking for here is others with the same problem, or perhaps someone from ubisoft commenting on the nature of this problem and if its something that needs patching... my console is fine, the disc is perfect and otherwise have had not problems except for this.
The silence here is killing me.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Its just a general problem and you was perhaps just plain unlucky...

theres a reason your console warns you not to turn off during a save/load and a console freeze at such a point will also have the same effect.

Personal advice would be restart your campaign as hard as that is too face and if it happens often then perhaps consider more action.

At this point i would suggest you was just the unlucky choosen one, sorry...

- clean the disc
- clean the lens
- try other titles
- let the console cool down
- consult troobleshooting guide

Ubisoft are unlikely to comment since the problems is not their responsibility, you would be better of posting this on xbox support forums if you was going to take any action at all really

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 03:50 AM
I had one game freeze in all my gameplay the past week, but it was during a mission and wasn't saving anything thankfully.

The one thing I hate about AutoSave only in games is that you can't save anything in several slots - you only have the one, so if anything bad happens, you can only restart the entire game instead of going to one of your previous save points.

That's an important feature to me in a game.

Darth_Tauri
11-22-2011, 06:53 PM
well, luckily, i am in the beta for the new dash and i am using the cloud as a redundant save from now on with this game. Its not my console as I usually have no issues with freezing, this is the first game to freeze on me since my original xbox red ringed back in 2009.

It seems to be a hook somewhere in the game that causes it to lock, as it froze at one other point before but luckily i didnt lose it that first time.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-26-2011, 10:51 AM
If you continue to have issues please contact support, link is in my signature.

S-EVANS
11-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I had one game freeze in all my gameplay the past week, but it was during a mission and wasn't saving anything thankfully.

The one thing I hate about AutoSave only in games is that you can't save anything in several slots - you only have the one, so if anything bad happens, you can only restart the entire game instead of going to one of your previous save points.

That's an important feature to me in a game.

you can use external devices...