PDA

View Full Version : Huge echo noise when stereo-mix enabled in the cartel (pc release)

cr1m3
09-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi,
i have played with coj3(pc) in multiplayer mode and my head still hurt because of the noise in almost every servers.
I noticed that my stereo mix was enabled in windows sound options.
So it was causing a big echo during all the game also other user's noise added to my own noise.
All this noise even if i had no microphone plugged in my pc at all.
So i ask why stereo-mix channel is used in coj3 even if there's no microphone plugged?

This kill all the cartel's mp fun when you hear a russian tv, crying through a player's microphone added to a huge echo caused by all users that have the stereo-mix enabled in their windows.
And when i said please stop that noise,
all i receive in return was

FU************************************************ ************************************************** *************************CK YOU a**hole.
So i leaved and reported like an a**hole that this is really annoying...

Personnally i'd turned stereo-mix of but there's still thousand players making horrible noise on all servers.

I guess i could record those noises and give them to Ridley Scott for a new Alien's soundtrack.

DiversantBivnev
09-28-2011, 12:33 PM
And what's the proposal?
Ban those players?
I suppose this is not technical issue of the game itself (although not to mention lots of them really)...

I have the proposal to include the possibility of turning off mic signal from some players. Just press TAB and click on the name of the player who is not wanted to be heard. Will somebody from game developers see this request?

DiversantBivnev
11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
And still no answer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

cr1m3
11-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Yes, like in dead space 2, where you can mute others.

It's been a long time that techland game devs haven't read any comment here, only ubisoft forum managers could read some threads but no one have any interest to fix anything on call of juarez.

It seems that techland is fixing dead island only.
With a lot of patches.

But it seems that they don't trust users requests to fix game issues.
I guess they're testing their game to see what need's to be fixed then they look if they have enough money to spend.

DiversantBivnev
11-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Well, I don't know what they are thinking of or who is reading.. But only the fix of mic echo issues could be a step forward. Or may be voting for kick players who are causing problems with corresponding message for kick reason.
Solution, like you mentioned in Dead Space 2, would be perfect.
By the way, yesterday some update downloaded for CoJ, but I don't even know where to read any ChangeLog or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Maybe someday our prayers for mic-off would be heard. Of course I understand that Dead Island is the primary target for Techland, but I still don't want to lose any hope... heh...