PDA

View Full Version : The greatest assassin ever has no idea of security!

DJBare
06-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Seriously, he walks among the people cloaked, upon his wrists are intricate ingenious weapons, not only must he use his agility and skills to survive but also his brain, and yet with all this a pick pocket can run past him stealing 1000s of francs, so with all this ingenious weapon gadgetry upon him, did he ever think to put a lock on the money pouch!?

Datashocker
06-10-2010, 11:10 PM
They didn't really have portable locks in that time period. Most people would secure their money pouch by wrapping a leather cord around the fastener and then tying a knot. That was really the best that they could do.

DJBare
06-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Datashocker:
They didn't really have portable locks in that time period. Most people would secure their money pouch by wrapping a leather cord around the fastener and then tying a knot. That was really the best that they could do. Yeah well, I cannot help but feel sorry for the pickpocket as he feels my blade between his shoulder blades http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
But lets see, Leonardo can construct a flying craft, intricate hidden weapons but not a snap lock for a pouch, it would not need to even lock so long as it meant the pick pocket was put off by having to fumble about more than usual.

Anyway, they annoy the hell out of me, I actually find it easier to get my money back by doing an assasination contract rather than chase the pick pocket over the roof tops., it made me laugh, in one instant I was so annoyed that when a guy with a box bumped into me and started complaining I let him feel Altairs sword, broke my own rule about not killing civilians.

Murcuseo
06-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Think about the technology we have today, people still get their wallets lifted, bags stolen etc etc

Anyway, its good practise for the MP... although the chase sequence will apparently be slightly different :P

RaidingAssassin
06-12-2010, 08:21 AM
hehe, i like chasing those idiots. my hidden blade is what they get. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and yeah! Altair and ezio just walk around with knives, swords etc and nobody takes any notice? a cape does not cover it, and neither does a hood cover your identity, it just expose you as people will recognise you. you stick out from the crowd...
ah well... pickpockets aren't the only annoying thing, the ones that run around in a cape shouting 'he's a murderer!' grrr...

DJBare
06-12-2010, 10:24 AM
I found a way not to have to deal with the pick pockets, they will nearly always appear from behind and your HUD shows them, if you turn to face in their direction even if not direct line of sight the pick pocket does a runner before even trying to pick pocket you.