PDA

View Full Version : Does bootneybox work on win2k pro??

TAW_Oilburner
04-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Saw some people having problems with it..just wondering if win2k is ok?

TAW_Oilburner
04-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Saw some people having problems with it..just wondering if win2k is ok?

steve_v
04-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Just got done installing on XP, which is based on NTFS, as is win 2k.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/The_Presz/Pe-2.jpg

dhorkoff
04-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Worked for me on my Win2kPro gaming box. It did mislead me a bit though, in that boontybox indicated that it had patched the game, when it actually didn't. I had to manually run the il2-pe2.exe (or whatever it is) file to patch my game.

Everything working perfectly, except it seems like my IL-2 main menu screen is flickering now. When I'm flying everything is fine, so no big.

antifreeze
04-29-2006, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just got done installing on XP, which is based on NTFS, as is win 2k. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But worryingly there is software that is starting to emerge that is 'xp-only'. I got caught with this a few months ago; the box specs didn't have win2000 listed, but I assumed that it was an error, or they were printing 'recommended specs' rather than minimum. Turned out that win2000 wasn't supported and the specs listed were minimum.

Looks like time is running out for win2000. I'm NOT looking forward to using xp at all. Everyone I know has multiple problems with their software, except me... the only one running w2k. Solid as a rock.