PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed horde mode

DSTRVCTION
12-26-2011, 03:39 PM
As a true Assassin's Creed fan there's something I've always been missing in the series. Sometimes you see these massive armies in trailers (Assassin's Creed: Revelations) or cutscenes (Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood) but you never get to fight them. I know we are an assassin, but while we're at it anyways let us just do it the most awesome way we could.

I just saw the movie 300 once again and I came up with this idea. Imagine you being alone, or with friends online slaughtering hundreds of people after eachother. I could do this even if there were no rewards or points or whater attached! Think of movies like 300, Troy and Immortals. I know there's too many games with horde mode already but it would fit this game so much better. Shooting has no skill whatsoever, but defeating enemies near you with a sword, even if it was just countering, would be so much cooler. The killing animations are already at its best.
In Brotherhood, where you went to spain to kill Cesare, you saw a massive army. I was eager to kill al of 'em, but again it didn't happen. Even in single player this would be a cool future. There's a lot of times I'm searching for enemies just to kill them and I know I'm not the only person who's doing this. The killing is badass, so you're hungry for more. It's just that there are only groups of four and after that I have to begin searching all over again. I would just like to kill and kill and kill thousands of them with those badass animations and a cool soundtrack without it stopping!

I really hope something like this is implemented in the future, and that I am not the only one who would like some kind of horde mode.

HouseAntarctic
12-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Yes, but with the option to turn killstreaks on/off

ProdiGurl
12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Definitely

I mentioned this in a few other posts & in a feedback thread -
But I would prefer it in some kind of Kill Streak mode. I'm not sure I'd want to go through that many individually.

However they do it, it would be a nice change. The one time I felt like we had something similar to that was when Ezio was trying to get the people to start a riot & then you had to save at least 40 townspeople in during the riot.
But I had to call in other assassins bcuz of the sync.

xCr0wnedNorris
12-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I've been asking for something like this since they came out with Virtual Training in Brotherhood.

SolidSage
12-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't care how you would have to shoe horn it in there, I'd love to get into a full battle slaughter with Creed's combat engine.
Don't feel guilty for having affinity for horde modes, it's one of the best replay features available.

In a perfect world, 10 players roaming a full map battle field, 10onAI, 5on5, individual or handicapped matches.
If you could have the combat action player to player as well...can you imagine. First few waves would be kill chain heaven due to the lowest difficulty type AI.
In a perfect world.

In reality, chances of a horde level/mode , probably not out of the question, ACB's VR sessions were something like it, and in SP you can still generate a pretty large group of enemies. If only they kept on coming.

If we could just get one extra player in the Campaign it would be a massive upgrade. One player could trawl for AI and bring em back to the other, for a 'manual' horde mode.

Inorganic9_2
12-27-2011, 05:23 AM
I don't care for this "horde mode" (I'm not too sure what it means anyway :s), but I would like a return of virtual training in order to practice combat. That was definitely lacking in Revelations, especially as there wasn't really a way to view the new hookblade counters/streaks unless you managed to randomly grab a guard archetype tutorial.

ProdiGurl
12-27-2011, 05:36 AM
Solid
First few waves would be kill chain heaven due to the lowest difficulty type AI.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif lol

Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I don't care for this "horde mode" (I'm not too sure what it means anyway :s), but I would like a return of virtual training in order to practice combat. That was definitely lacking in Revelations, especially as there wasn't really a way to view the new hookblade counters/streaks unless you managed to randomly grab a guard archetype tutorial.

Maybe horde mode means different things to different people? For me, it means MASS CARNAGE. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Like a ... small army of guards or Templar sympathizers (that would be kool too - citizens loyal to the Templars?) coming after you & maybe your Assassins who are with you & you're just one after the other, taking them down & they just keep coming.
Like you do in the Virtual Training arena in ACB.

I always love it in any game. I remember one of my favorite parts in Resident Evil 4 was the small Cabin at night when a horde rushes the place and they're all over & you're shooting everyone in sight as they pile thru the doors, up the stairs, in the windows lol
I replayed that 100 times over.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

dxsxhxcx
12-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
I've been asking for something like this since they came out with Virtual Training in Brotherhood.

they definitely should bring that back and improve it...

if it doesn't make "sense" to have that in the game anymore just put the option to play it "outside" the game, something similar to the challenge rooms we have in Batman Arkham City would be cool...

Inorganic9_2
12-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Perhaps as something like virtual training, but I don't think it should be implemented into the actual storyline at all. I don't think mass carnage goes well with the AC style.

ProdiGurl
12-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Perhaps as something like virtual training, but I don't think it should be implemented into the actual storyline at all. I don't think mass carnage goes well with the AC style.

Well, they semi did that in Altair's first Mentor's Keeper mission.. only it was in segments rather than all at once as you moved forward.

It could be written in as a moment where something happens/something you do causes a major upset (maybe they misunderstand what you were doing where it appears to them that you did something very wrong & they turn on you like in a large Public Square?) & the horde begins w/ you & your Assassins standing there.

I think it could fit - it would only be a one time thing of course.

It may not be AC style, but they could make it fun & work it in where it's not too far outside the realm.

I loved the Virtual Training area in ACB & I'm fine if they bring that back in too - it was like a separate challenge on its own.

DSTRVCTION
12-27-2011, 07:09 AM
This ofcourse is not something that would be implemented into the single player storyline, it's like side quests, or a four (or less) players co-op mode.

The virtual training mode indeed had something like it, but there were still too few enemies, the environment was boring and there was no good soundtrack playing, thus not giving you the badass feeling I'm speaking of.

naran6142
12-27-2011, 09:57 AM
yes

VR training needs to come back and have a mode like this in it

SolidSage
12-27-2011, 12:20 PM
It could be one mission with a cap on the waves at about 5 or so. So you know, wave 1 is 15 low level chumps for feeding your sword, then the AI and total number of AI increases with each wave, increasing the difficulty.
In story, you'd womp em, complete wave 5 and head on to the next mission.
In horde mode, the waves keep coming, like Gears until 10, then it resets but wave 1 is now increased in difficulty.
I would copy Gears.

Or it could be not attached to the story, adn just be a Templar training session, pick a MP map and just bust some chops with your homies, setting benchmarks and stuff. Gotta have a buddy heal in there too, get to drop in on ten dudes like a champ, drag your flailing pal out of there like some legendary champion of warriordom. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

SixKeys
12-27-2011, 05:37 PM
It's something that could be fun in a Virtual Training mode.

Black_Widow9
12-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Yes in the Training in Brotherhood you could do this. It may be sightly achievable if your Templar awareness is maxed out and you go where there are a lot of guards, Janissaries or at the Dens before you overtake them...

ShaneO7K
12-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Maybe a different take on Den Defense where it isn't a Tower Defense type game mode. But instead you must defend a fort of some kind. Maybe similar to the attack on the Villa in ACB but on a smaller scale.....hmmm I am terrible at describing things. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

naran6142
12-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Maybe a different take on Den Defense where it isn't a Tower Defense type game mode. But instead you must defend a fort of some kind. Maybe similar to the attack on the Villa in ACB but on a smaller scale.....hmmm I am terrible at describing things. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

you mean like a bunch of Templar run in and you fight them off??

ProdiGurl
12-28-2011, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

you mean like a bunch of Templar run in and you fight them off?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ Dead gunner,
Do you mean like the Templars don't go after each den but attack the main Assassin HQ's instead?

As long as they made the combat difficult and losable - some sort of lower scale battle/mission with the Templars is a good idea.
All I think is if they kept some form of Den Defense, it shouldn't be as easy as regular AI combat is w/ the Kill Streak.
I think that would be more fun, challenging & it keeps with the Assassin secrecy theme.

ShaneO7K
12-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

you mean like a bunch of Templar run in and you fight them off?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ Dead gunner,
Do you mean like the Templars don't go after each den but attack the main Assassin HQ's instead?

As long as they made the combat difficult and losable - some sort of lower scale battle/mission with the Templars is a good idea.
All I think is if they kept some form of Den Defense, it shouldn't be as easy as regular AI combat is w/ the Kill Streak.
I think that would be more fun, challenging & it keeps with the Assassin secrecy theme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I was really tired when I wrote that, but if it was something that actually felt like it could happen within ACs story. Maybe each map is a different battle in time (not going to far into the present of course) that the Assassins took part in. Each map would have a different group of assassins that each have their own look and prefered weapon sets. Each assassin would be of different rank which give them different unlockable (and very time limited abilities). The character which is the rank of Master Assassin (once they have enough points) could order arrows to come down on an area of their choosing. Other ranks could have their own unique abilities that I will not go into.

Points are achieved in a kind of similar fashion as multiplayer, through getting kills ofcourse, the style of the kill and if what you have done has assisted a team member.

A map that could be used for example is when the Mongols are attacking Masyaf. Each map would have their own main objectives and vary on what the team as a whole could unlock. For the Masyaf map (keeping the den defense idea in mind) the objective would be to prevent a set number of Mongols reaching the castle. The unlockable which would be the most costly and powerful would possibly be a burst from the PoE eliminating all Mongols in the city at that time giving the players some time to catch a breather and get themselves sorted.

The players would only start with basic weapons and combat similar to AC1 & AC2 as in no killstreaks. The more advanced weapons could be purchased with points and a killstreak could also be bought but would only last for a set amount of time.

Thats as much as I'll go into at the minute. Not saying this should be the way it's done but I think if it goes even a bit in that direction it wouldn't be too bad.