PDA

View Full Version : ACR Assassin Recruits -- What do you think/hope has changed?

Rakudaton
05-28-2011, 02:53 PM
We know that:

1) The recruits' level scale now goes up to 15.
2) They have more distinct personalities than last time.
3) They sometimes ask you to go on missions with you.
4) They have more customisation that last time.

I'm particularly interested in (2) and (4).

Just how different can their personalities be? And, more interestingly, what sort of customisation will we be getting? Calling ACB's options "limited" would be something of an understatement. On that note, here's my wish list:

>> Be able to choose their weapons from a large list (possibly the same as Ezio's at the blacksmiths??). Heavy weapons and more powerful weapons cost more.
>> Be able to choose their equipment. Maybe I don't want my recruits to have smoke bombs (I don't). Being able to give some poison, some double blades, and so on would be nice.
>> Better colours. They all looked horrible except white.
>> Be able to customise their horses
>> Be able to use SKILL points to buy SKILLS, not equipment -- the clue's in the name. Train one up to be amazing at freerunning (unlocking aerial kills etc), one to be amazing at combat (unlocking counters etc), and one to be amazing at stealth (unlocking hiding spot assassinations etc). This would be rather cool and would supplement the personalities thing quite nicely.

There's what I'm hoping for. Oh, and it'd be nice to have a little page on each recruit. Perhaps a randomly generated paragraph on their background in the database, and a psychological profile (to go with the personalities thing).

Personally, I'm thinking this customisation will just amount to a few more colours, armour and weapons. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us? What are your hopes/wishes?

RzaRecta357
05-28-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm assuming we'll be able to change color and have a small small list of weapons and clothing to choose from. A small list.

They'll probably have their own mini personalities and a small mission probably nothing to big or exciting.

GunnarGunderson
05-28-2011, 05:45 PM
I hoping when I sic them on a target they'll actually do an air assassinate instead of running up and using a smoke bomb, air assasinations look way cooler

DavisP92
05-28-2011, 07:17 PM
i'm with Raku on this one, except add the 3rd idea to it. i would like to see personal missions added as well.

I want Ubisoft to actually do what they said they were going to do orignally with ACB's recruits.

Turkiye96
05-29-2011, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
We know that:

Just how different can their personalities be? And, more interestingly, what sort of customisation will we be getting? Calling ACB's options "limited" would be something of an understatement. On that note, here's my wish list:

>> Be able to choose their weapons from a large list (possibly the same as Ezio's at the blacksmiths??). Heavy weapons and more powerful weapons cost more.
>> Be able to choose their equipment. Maybe I don't want my recruits to have smoke bombs (I don't). Being able to give some poison, some double blades, and so on would be nice.
>> Be able to use SKILL points to buy SKILLS, not equipment -- the clue's in the name. Train one up to be amazing at freerunning (unlocking aerial kills etc), one to be amazing at combat (unlocking counters etc), and one to be amazing at stealth (unlocking hiding spot assassinations etc). This would be rather cool and would supplement the personalities thing quite nicely.

There's what I'm hoping for. Oh, and it'd be nice to have a little page on each recruit. Perhaps a randomly generated paragraph on their background in the database, and a psychological profile (to go with the personalities thing).

Personally, I'm thinking this customisation will just amount to a few more colours, armour and weapons. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us? What are your hopes/wishes?
love all your ideas |hope they add them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Inorganic9_2
05-29-2011, 03:50 AM
MUCH more customisation. I mean look at my signature; they are all wearing different clothes for a start.

Mutant524
05-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Why would you want to waste time with customisation when you hardly see your recruits?

In AC:B you direct them to assassinate some guards or something, they run up, stab them, then run off. Hardly worth spending ages picking weapons and armours.

And besides, they're recuits not Master Assassin's like Ezio or Altair. They're not meant to have all the best armours and weapons.

I would like some customisation, maybe having a choice of whether a recruit uses a blunt weapon (hammer, mace) or a blade (sword), but not the extent that the OP wants.

LaCava1
05-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
We know that:

I FREAKIN' (I would use a different word there, but I know the rules http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) LOVE THESE IDEAS!

tjbyrum1
05-29-2011, 06:37 AM
The only thing I'd want added to them (but I would love to have more added to them) is the fact they can follow you around... much like the Mercs and Thieves did.

But think guys, every AC is an improvement over the other. Things are ADDED or FIXED - NOTHING is taken out unless it is consumed by an Addition/Fix.

Therefore, it is only obvious that the Recruits will be fixed up quite nicely!

ILLusioNaire
05-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Mutant524:
Why would you want to waste time with customisation when you hardly see your recruits?

In AC:B you direct them to assassinate some guards or something, they run up, stab them, then run off. Hardly worth spending ages picking weapons and armours.

And besides, they're recuits not Master Assassin's like Ezio or Altair. They're not meant to have all the best armours and weapons.

I would like some customisation, maybe having a choice of whether a recruit uses a blunt weapon (hammer, mace) or a blade (sword), but not the extent that the OP wants.

Altair was once just a recruit, and he ended up being the greatest assassin who ever lived. Recruits join not to be merely recruits for the rest of their lives, but to one day aspire to greatness. Eventually they should become [and inevitably so for some] good enough to be close to Ezio's level. So I don't agree with you that they don't deserve upgrades.

I welcome the idea of having full control over your recruits and assassins...to what they wear, arm themselves with...to how they perform as an assassin...whether their specialty be free-running, combat, or stealth. We should be able to customize their attributes FULLY.

ACB's customization was quite frankly junk. I understand that it was an introductory course to the AC series, but it still was disappointing. ACR needs to pick up the ball here and improve on the system by making it much more thorough and in-depth. Everything the OP suggested I fully agree with.

Noble6
05-29-2011, 10:28 AM
I hoped that this feature wouldn't return because it was "win button" and made game really easy. Allthough you could say that nobody is forced to use it but still...

Mutant524
05-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:

Altair was once just a recruit, and he ended up being the greatest assassin who ever lived. Recruits join not to be merely recruits for the rest of their lives, but to one day aspire to greatness. Eventually they should become [and inevitably so for some] good enough to be close to Ezio's level. So I don't agree with you that they don't deserve upgrades.

I welcome the idea of having full control over your recruits and assassins...to what they wear, arm themselves with...to how they perform as an assassin...whether their specialty be free-running, combat, or stealth. We should be able to customize their attributes FULLY.

ACB's customization was quite frankly junk. I understand that it was an introductory course to the AC series, but it still was disappointing. ACR needs to pick up the ball here and improve on the system by making it much more thorough and in-depth. Everything the OP suggested I fully agree with.

Each to his own I guess. I play the game for the story, not to spend hours customising characters that you see in battle for all of 3 seconds. About the only thing I do as "customisation" is to dye my clothes when I get bored of Assassin White.

crash3
05-29-2011, 11:02 AM
i love the idea recruits asking you to gon on missions with them, ACB sent recruits all over europe, hopefully in ACR that will be similar and we get to see many different countries, cultures and cities

also to see recruits carrying out missions/helping them carry out missions will make us feel more involved in their progresssion so we have a better connection with them and we will take better care of them

i remember not feeling the slightest bit bothered if any of my recruits died on a mission or in a fight-we whould be feeling angry with ourselves if we lose a valuable assassin