PDA

View Full Version : Malik in Revelations

Mr-Assassino
08-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Who else hopes that Malik will show up in atleast one of Altair's sequences? He was an awesome character and since the graphics and detail are improved for Al Muliam and Altair, I really wonder how Malik would look like in Revelations.... Anyone with me? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SixKeys
08-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Definitely. Malik is one of my favorite characters in the series and it seems he still had an important part to play in Alta´r's story. It would be strange if he didn't have at least a small cameo.

Assassin_M
08-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr-Assassino:
Who else hopes that Malik will show up in atleast one of Altair's sequences? He was an awesome character and since the graphics and detail are improved for Al Muliam and Altair, I really wonder how Malik would look like in Revelations.... Anyone with me? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
I strongly believe that he`ll be there as he became a crucial part in Altair`s Life after Almualim died. I assure you He`ll be there

ShaneO7K
08-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I hope we get to take part in a mission alongside Malik before he got his arm cut off.

SweetsMachineGun
08-18-2011, 06:56 PM
If Malik is in this game I will probably die of happiness. He's a huge fan favorite so I think Ubisoft would be missing a huge opportunity to rile their fans if they didn't.

Since he becomes Altair's second in command, I'd say chances are likely. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Drakonous505
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
It is possible in the events of the demo at gamescom that Malik will fight alongside Altair, unless he was otherwise occupied

Pitalla
08-18-2011, 11:37 PM
I really hope he does appear, alongside Maria. And I really hope that they ignore the stuff that happened in the book the secret crusade. As it trolls Malik and Maria big time.

Calvarok
08-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Pitalla:
I really hope he does appear, alongside Maria. And I really hope that they ignore the stuff that happened in the book the secret crusade. As it trolls Malik and Maria big time.
Meh, they lived to about 70. that's a big achievment in that time.

Pitalla
08-19-2011, 12:00 AM
I wanted Malik to go out in a kickass way. Not in the lame way like in the book of the secret crusade.

This is so frustrating!

SweetsMachineGun
08-19-2011, 12:23 AM
I wanted Malik to go out in a kickass way. Not in the lame way like in the book of the secret crusade.

This is so frustrating!

Man you need to chill. Malik was neglected in a prison cell for two years. He didn't even have the strength to walk when he was found cause of old age mixed muscle decay due to malnutrition. It's no surprise that he couldn't go out fighting. I would have liked him to go out more epicly as well but he lived a pretty long time.

And if it doesn't happen in the game you can just ignore the books as not canon. :P

souNdwAve89
08-19-2011, 01:55 AM
I dunno why you told him to chill when it doesn't sound that offensive. I personally agree with him since his death in The Secret Crusade was lame. Either way, can't wait for the game.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I hope we get to take part in a mission alongside Malik before he got his arm cut off.
You did in AC1. It's the very first mission, where his arm gets so slashed up it needs to be amputated.

Dralight
08-19-2011, 03:20 AM
I definitely hope he shows up for at least one or two memories. It would be quite disappointing for him not to, given how well liked he is and how important he is in Altairs life.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 03:32 AM
Meh, not really a full mission. it would be cool to see him do stuff. It would be cool to do a mission with him when he only has one arm, and to see him still free-run amazingly, with his own tecnique!

LightRey
08-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Meh, not really a full mission. it would be cool to see him do stuff. It would be cool to do a mission with him when he only has one arm, and to see him still free-run amazingly, with his own tecnique!
That's true. Though I don't think Alta´r had gone on many missions with Malik before AC1.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
That's true. Though I don't think Alta´r had gone on many missions with Malik before AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah... a good candidate would be after the scene in the gamescom gameplay. after all, the memory is obviously not over there.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 04:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
That's true. Though I don't think Alta´r had gone on many missions with Malik before AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah... a good candidate would be after the scene in the gamescom gameplay. after all, the memory is obviously not over there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I guess that could be a part where he fights alongside Malik. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :P

E-Zekiel
08-19-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm hopeful. I thought Malik was really cool in AC1, if he was a bit of a sarcastic ***. Even so, that appealed to me. Made me a fan.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I'm hopeful. I thought Malik was really cool in AC1, if he was a bit of a sarcastic ***. Even so, that appealed to me. Made me a fan.
Yeah, I also liked how he underwent character development just as Alta´r did.

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 05:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
You did in AC1. It's the very first mission, where his arm gets so slashed up it needs to be amputated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course I was talking about a different mission.

All we did in that one was about a minutes worth, if not shorter, of free running and then it is pretty much over.

Pitalla
08-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by sharkbot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pitalla:

This is so frustrating!

Man you need to chill. Malik was neglected in a prison cell for two years. He didn't even have the strength to walk when he was found cause of old age mixed muscle decay due to malnutrition. It's no surprise that he couldn't go out fighting. I would have liked him to go out more epicly as well but he lived a pretty long time.

And if it doesn't happen in the game you can just ignore the books as not canon. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont want this to happen in the game. Why does he even have to go into a prison? I dont like the stories that the Book writers writes. Not at all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I always imagined that Malik would train Altair's son to become a master assasin. and prepare him to go and fight off the Mongols. Which in real history where the bane and damnation of the assasin's.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sharkbot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pitalla:

This is so frustrating!

And if it doesn't happen in the game you can just ignore the books as not canon. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont want this to happen in the game. Why does he even have to go into a prison? I dont like the stories that the Book writers writes. Not at all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I always imagined that Malik would train Altair's son to become a master assasin. and prepare him to go and fight off the Mongols. Which in real history where the bane and damnation of the assasin's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think the plot of the novels is kind of typical for (modern day) literature.
Novel writers seem to have a deep hatred for happy endings, which imo makes novels deserve as much criticism as Hollywood movies, since they just seem to do the opposite extreme.
I don't really understand what's so appealing about basically everything going wrong, but that seems to be what they like.

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 02:20 PM

Novel writers seem to have a deep hatred for happy endings, which imo makes novels deserve as much criticism as Hollywood movies, since they just seem to do the opposite extreme.
I don't really understand what's so appealing about basically everything going wrong, but that seems to be what they like.

I really hope Malik doesn't go out in Revelations like he does in Secret Crusade ( if it shows him dying). A character that important to Altair deserves better really. Major characters getting killed off like that isn't good at all for the story, yes it is tragic but the fans would expect more.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I really hope Malik doesn't go out in Revelations like he does in Secret Crusade ( if it shows him dying). A character that important to Altair deserves better really. Major characters getting killed off like that isn't good at all for the story, yes it is tragic but the fans would expect more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, besides I'm not sure if *SPOILER* they'd wanna show a freshly decapitated head in the game *END SPOILER*.

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 02:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

I really hope Malik doesn't go out in Revelations like he does in Secret Crusade ( if it shows him dying). A character that important to Altair deserves better really. Major characters getting killed off like that isn't good at all for the story, yes it is tragic but the fans would expect more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, besides I'm not sure if *SPOILER* they'd wanna show a freshly decapitated head in the game *END SPOILER*. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe going out slightly like Mario but a little more dramatic could probably be alright for me, I know Malik would've been pretty old at the time but if he gave some sort of fight would be alright.

Jexx21
08-19-2011, 03:08 PM
..am I the only one that liked The Secret Crusade?

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

I liked it, it had a decent story. But the writer had too much freedom and it's almost as if Ubisoft didn't mind if he made a lot of changes to the characters.

I just hope they change it up a bit in revelations.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm sure there are more that like it. We're basically just doing some relatively constructive ranting.

SixKeys
08-19-2011, 03:41 PM
I find it amusing how everyone thinks major characters should always have a noble death. Unfortunately, that's not how life works. Most people will die from slipping in the shower, a heart attack, in their sleep or in a car accident due to a moment's bad decision. Even war veterans who have battled armies and survived incredible odds don't always get an honorable death. I get that it's nice to imagine your favorite character going out with a bang, but far more realistic to think not all of them will.
(SPOILER)
Malik was thrown into a prison, starved and beaten. He only has one arm left. He's getting on in his years. How much of a chance does he really have against a group of Templars?
(/SPOILER)

Malik is one of my favorite characters and I am not looking forward to seeing him die in the game, but if he has to go in the way described in the book, I don't really have anything against it. As long as he stays in-character throughout the rest of the story, I'm okay with him not having a heroic, drawn-out death scene where Alta´r is holding him in his arms as Malik gasps some meaningful last words to him. 99% of the time life just doesn't work that way. If I could choose the way Ezio dies, it wouldn't be in a fight either. I'd prefer him to die of old age or a heart attack. Something ordinary, to remind us he's human like the rest of us beneath all the bravado.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
I find it amusing how everyone thinks major characters should always have a noble death. Unfortunately, that's not how life works. Most people will die from slipping in the shower, a heart attack, in their sleep or in a car accident due to a moment's bad decision. Even war veterans who have battled armies and survived incredible odds don't always get an honorable death. I get that it's nice to imagine your favorite character going out with a bang, but far more realistic to think not all of them will.
(SPOILER)
Malik was thrown into a prison, starved and beaten. He only has one arm left. He's getting on in his years. How much of a chance does he really have against a group of Templars?
(/SPOILER)

Malik is one of my favorite characters and I am not looking forward to seeing him die in the game, but if he has to go in the way described in the book, I don't really have anything against it. As long as he stays in-character throughout the rest of the story, I'm okay with him not having a heroic, drawn-out death scene where Alta´r is holding him in his arms as Malik gasps some meaningful last words to him. 99% of the time life just doesn't work that way. If I could choose the way Ezio dies, it wouldn't be in a fight either. I'd prefer him to die of old age or a heart attack. Something ordinary, to remind us he's human like the rest of us beneath all the bravado.
Why would you want to hear a story about something that's more realistic to happen? We have day-to-day life and the news for that. I want stories to be about extraordinary people with extraordinary lives.

Jexx21
08-19-2011, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
(SPOILER)
(/SPOILER)

Why would you want to hear a story about something that's more realistic to happen? We have day-to-day life and the news for that. I want stories to be about extraordinary people with extraordinary lives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, but having extraordinarily lives doesn't mean that you have an extraordinarily death.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 03:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
(SPOILER)
(/SPOILER)

Why would you want to hear a story about something that's more realistic to happen? We have day-to-day life and the news for that. I want stories to be about extraordinary people with extraordinary lives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, but having extraordinarily lives doesn't mean that you have an extraordinarily death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, though technically dying is part of one's life. However, it's mostly the final years of Alta´r I take issue with. I feel it is unfitting for someone who's supposed to be an enlightened grandmaster to sink so low. I also found it uncharacteristic. He never seemed the type to give up like that. Not even when faced with so much sorrow.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 06:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
(SPOILER)
(/SPOILER)

Yea, but having extraordinarily lives doesn't mean that you have an extraordinarily death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, though technically dying is part of one's life. However, it's mostly the final years of Alta´r I take issue with. I feel it is unfitting for someone who's supposed to be an enlightened grandmaster to sink so low. I also found it uncharacteristic. He never seemed the type to give up like that. Not even when faced with so much sorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that is was interesting, because we'd never seen him affected that way before. And then when he started getting determined again, it was as if he'd had an epiphany and knew exactly what to do, and had a master plan for the safeguarding of the Assassin order. That was where he earned his title as Mentor, truly.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I think that is was interesting, because we'd never seen him affected that way before. And then when he started getting determined again, it was as if he'd had an epiphany and knew exactly what to do, and had a master plan for the safeguarding of the Assassin order. That was where he earned his title as Mentor, truly.
Took him long enough though.

masterfenix2009
08-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Well, he was responsible for the death of his wife

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Before he'd had good intentions, but that was the part where he truly understood how much the Assassin's needed to be ever-changing and adapting, and how they needed to interact with people not of their order.

dman1988
08-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Same here.Malik definitely deserves more time in the spotlight.

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 11:50 AM
It would be pretty good if he was the Da Vinci of Altairs time in terms of his relationship with Ezio.

Pitalla
08-20-2011, 02:36 PM

To me it seems like you are trying to justify things more than on proving why it is cool.

All this things where not cool, they where already done and told in different incarnations of the books and they seem to be written as a fan fiction.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 03:12 PM

To me it seems like you are trying to justify things more than on proving why it is cool.

All this things where not cool, they where already done and told in different incarnations of the books and they seem to be written as a fan fiction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was cool to me, and whenever they put parts from the books into the games, they always do a much better job. See the Cristina missions. I'm sure that whatever happens will be done much better than the book, and I agree with you that Oliver is not the most proffessional sounding writer.

thornebrook
08-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr-Assassino:

YES. I would love to see Malik again, and maybe hear his sexy voice. Though there's been no mention of Haaz Sleiman doing any voice acting for AC again, so my optimism isn't very high. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SixKeys
08-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Well, he is a fairly small character, after all. Ezio and the people around him are the main focus in this game, then Alta´r, then the people around him. If Malik just has a couple of scenes with Alta´r, they might count it as such a minor part that he's on par with any other less important side characters, like random thieves or courtesans Ezio may speak to. That's why he may not be credited anywhere yet, if he doesn't have a big enough role in the game.

Pitalla
08-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Correction, whenever they put cool parts in the game. But when they are not cool then it's just a mean trolling to fans and the story alike.

Calvarok
08-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Correction, whenever they put cool parts in the game. But when they are not cool then it's just a mean trolling to fans and the story alike.

Are you saying that they're being mean and trolling when they allow characters to not have the usual action movie shield of "I can't die because I'm a main character" and kill them in ways that meaningfully impact the story that they themselves own in their M-Rated game?

If no-body dies, you never feel scared for the characters. If nobody dies, the character is less relatable, because we've all known someone who has died.

If ubisoft wrote their story and made sure to be heavily biased about who gets to do cool things and who dies, then you know what it would be? Not good literature, but fan-fiction.

Malik died. He will always be remembered. His son is an awesome character. Suck it up.

RzaRecta357
08-22-2011, 11:27 PM
No kidding. Malik dying and his son saving Altair as an old man is just as important as one armed malik saving Altair on his way to take down Al Muahlim.

PLEASE, I implore you to read the book fully.

InfectedNation
08-23-2011, 10:26 AM

Cool story - believe it or not, a large portion of the AC fanbase care about what is meaningful and adds twists to the narrative just as much as what is "cool".

Seriously though you sound about 12 years old...

Anyway as much as I'd love to see Malik once more, I have a feeling we are more likely to see Abbas because he is very significant in Altair's life, and lives almost as long as he does.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Are you saying that they're being mean and trolling when they allow characters to not have the usual action movie shield of "I can't die because I'm a main character" and kill them in ways that meaningfully impact the story that they themselves own in their M-Rated game?

If no-body dies, you never feel scared for the characters. If nobody dies, the character is less relatable, because we've all known someone who has died.

If ubisoft wrote their story and made sure to be heavily biased about who gets to do cool things and who dies, then you know what it would be? Not good literature, but fan-fiction.

Malik died. He will always be remembered. His son is an awesome character. Suck it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's not ****ed that Malik died, he's ****ed about the way he died.

Stop insulting someone based purely on what they find to be "cool" or not.

Please stop being so insulting everyone. Pitalla's just expressing his opinion. Just because you disagree with him, or even the way he defends his point of view, doesn't give you the right to call him a "12-year-old" or take his words out of context. If you feel insulted by what he's saying or how he's saying it, you should just tell him that.

SweetsMachineGun
08-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:

Cool story - believe it or not, a large portion of the AC fanbase care about what is meaningful and adds twists to the narrative just as much as what is "cool".

Anyway as much as I'd love to see Malik once more, I have a feeling we are more likely to see Abbas because he is very significant in Altair's life, and lives almost as long as he does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, Malik is just as important as Abbas. The whole reason behind Altair's humbling character development in AC1 is based around what harm he did to Malik and his family out of his big-headedness. Also, Altair goes on to make Malik his second-in-command and has a deep, fatherly relationship to Malik's son after Malik dies.

While the book may not focus on Malik as much as Abbas, I definitely wouldn't say Abbas is more significant to Altair's life than Malik.