PDA

View Full Version : UBOOT Clasp: when is it awarded

Shahed_Kazi
08-14-2006, 09:01 PM
HI All

11th patrol, always got UBoot clasps till now but for the second time in a row I did not receive any for my crew. Anyone know what gives... 9th patrol was 25k, 10th was 46k+ (using GW1.1), this 11th one, once back at base will be 60k+. I still have a few people who dont have the clasp but I'm not getting it anymore. I've also got the Kreuz with swords, diamonds and oakleaves twice, but no Gold Kreuz for the crew who have both 1st & 2nd class Iron Kreuz. Any suggestions most appreciated.

Salute !

tuddley3
08-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Try using SH3 Commander v2.6. You can hand out awards to your crew there. SH3 Com is a highly recommended tool.

Goose_Green
08-15-2006, 01:37 AM
I think he is referring to us as players - SH3 Commander will only help issue out medals and awards to your crew and not yourself.

I have found the badges to be very difficult to get - they throw the Ritterkruez and extras very quickly, but the badges are harder to get.

See the Community Manual here (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Medals) for details

Shahed_Kazi
08-15-2006, 09:47 AM
I was referring to the crew, but yes I'd like it as well. Just finished patrol 11 (GW1.1), got 1 UBoot Clasp (78k tonnage), 2 Kreuz 1st, 3 Kreuz 2nd, 1 GoldKreuz.

I checked with SH3C but you can't award it from there as well. Any ideas ?

Goose_Green
08-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh yes, I do remember now - certain awards were not available until late in the war, take the German Cross for example. SH3 Commander ensures that all medals and awards are kept in line with historical timelines.

Shahed_Kazi
08-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Well that's strange. I thought the same about SH3C but...

After the 11th patrol, the crew received the 3 Iron Cross 1st class, 2 Iron Cross 2nd classm 1 Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (that's what you mean by German Cross right ?), 1 UBoot Clasp (finally), and no war badegs (i guess because everyone on the boot already has one?).

Anyway the thing is bugging me, I mean come on, those guys sank a Nelson, everyone deserves a freakin medal for sinking a battlesdhip... or not ???!!!

3.JG51_Molders
08-16-2006, 11:14 AM
The uboat clasp did not become avaliable until late November of 1944. Why the game gives it out earlier than that I can't understand. I also can't understand why the game awards multiple medals at the same time ? I remember reading and seeing that in other parts of the Wehrmacht you had to earn one at a time, sometimes with a long wait between them. Maybe its just the Kriegsmarie ?

Shahed_Kazi
08-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Maybe but I doubt it. Thing is the game allows you to award multiple medals on the same man. In reality I doubt that happened often, unless in acts of extraordinary valor, propaganda value, or both.

Just finished my first 100k patrol with GW 1.1 (and ever) got another Clasp. At least something, but not enough methinks for the kills that crew is responsible for.