PDA

View Full Version : Slovakia - winter or summer map?

CzechTexan
01-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Here is a question for Czechs and Slovaks.

During January-February 1945, I suppose the winter Slovakia map should be used, right?

What about March? April?
Is there still snow on the ground in these months of 1945?

WTE_Galway
01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by CzechTexan:
Here is a question for Czechs and Slovaks.

During January-February 1945, I suppose the winter Slovakia map should be used, right?

What about March? April?
Is there still snow on the ground in these months of 1945?

Talk to Cracken over at M4T he is a history buff from the Czech Republic that has studied this whole period in detail and written quite a few campaigns.

DKoor
01-18-2011, 05:38 AM
In Europe you can count on snow in March... in April that's quite rare.
Regular in January & February.
A lot of it depends on whether you are talking mountains, hills or lowlands, plains.

Mediterranean states are however warmer...

Uufflakke
01-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
Talk to Cracken over at M4T he is a history buff from the Czech Republic that has studied this whole period in detail and written quite a few campaigns.

Cracken used to be around at SAS1946 also. Specialized in making missions/campaigns as far as I know.

CzechTexan
01-20-2011, 01:45 PM
I talk to Cracken occasionally and he is always very helpful. He says the same things mentioned above. I wanted to post here to get comments from other people. Thanks for all your comments.

MatoKKK
01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Hello,

I am one of the Slovak map authors. Yes, actually our winter version map is intended for early spring season (March/April). It is common to have snow here around that time, especially in the northern part of Slovakia.

Mysticpuma2003
01-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Don't know if this helps?

http://wargames.freehosting.net/weather.htm