PDA

View Full Version : Zeke's iron gunsight

LSA_66
02-23-2006, 09:33 AM
everybody knows that when starting mission this gunsight goes aside. but sometimes in flight (very rarely though) it gets upright. how's that? is there a command to conrtol it?

rnzoli
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
+1 who wants to know

The only time it returned back to center was when I was completely shot up and damaged. Does that thing indicates you are out of ammo? or that guns became inoperational?

berg417448
02-23-2006, 09:39 AM
I think it only comes up if your regular gunsight is damaged. As far as I know there is no command to contol it.

p1ngu666
02-23-2006, 09:42 AM
dont think the other gunsight turns off either...

anasteksi
02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
it will return back if your main gunsight brokes..

tigertalon
02-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LSA_66:
everybody knows that when starting mission this gunsight goes aside. but sometimes in flight (very rarely though) it gets upright. how's that? is there a command to conrtol it?

In real WW2 fighters many times a bulb in a reflector sight blew (burn out?... dunno english expression...) (and therefore there was no more aiming cross on the reflector sight). Different aircraft had different solutions: mostly they equipped pilot with spare bulbs, some fighters however have auxiliary aiming gunsight to one side of the nose, and here in zero's case, pilot had to lift the auxiliary one up (it was down not to obstruct the view of course).

There is no command to toggle it AFAIK. It just comes up when game likes it...

Akronnick
02-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by berg417448:
I think it only comes up if your regular gunsight is damaged. As far as I know there is no command to contol it.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Exxxxxactly

LSA_66
02-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by anasteksi:
it will return back if your main gunsight brokes..
incidentally the main gunsight was ok. I had to aim through both of them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif