PDA

View Full Version : Am I screwed?

Joan-emoose
05-15-2010, 10:22 AM
I am in need of help - hoping someone here can oblige or at least give advice. I have just finished sequence 11 and, as I woke up back in the present, I had to switch the console off. Now I am back playing & am in the hideout but don't know what to do. Lucy & the others are not there so I can't get back into the animus. Have I crashed the game or am I missing something?

nitres15
05-15-2010, 10:59 AM
download the patch

Joan-emoose
05-15-2010, 11:07 AM
What patch? And I am not on X-box live.

Abeonis
05-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm afraid you've hit the infamous SQ11 glitch, which prevents further progress. The only way around it is to either download the patch (via Live), or to start the game again.

Six_Gun
05-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
I'm afraid you've hit the infamous SQ11 glitch, which prevents further progress. The only way around it is to either download the patch (via Live), or to start the game again. Not necessarily, I was able to work around a looping cutscene glitch when I turned in the last of the feathers. I located the previous save where backup checkpoints are stored in the Ubi Launcher\storage\temp folder, renamed it to 1.save, and replaced the 1.save file with it. If you set that temp folder to view details list, it shows all their dates, making it a lot easier to determine which was the one just prior to the bug.

NuclearFuss
05-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
I'm afraid you've hit the infamous SQ11 glitch, which prevents further progress. The only way around it is to either download the patch (via Live), or to start the game again. Not necessarily, I was able to work around a looping cutscene glitch when I turned in the last of the feathers. I located the previous save where backup checkpoints are stored in the Ubi Launcher\storage\temp folder, renamed it to 1.save, and replaced the 1.save file with it. If you set that temp folder to view details list, it shows all their dates, making it a lot easier to determine which was the one just prior to the bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's playing on Xbox, so that won't work.

Joan-emoose
05-15-2010, 04:45 PM
'She' is playing on X-box so no patch for me...looks like I will have to restart the game. Is this glitch going to happen everytime I get to that point,or is it just because I turned off the console?

Thanks for all the help!

caswallawn_2k7
05-15-2010, 04:47 PM
it's because you turned off the console, when you get to this point, if you cant patch the game, DO NOT turn off the console until you get back in the animus or you will get stuck again.

Six_Gun
05-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Sorry, didn't see any mention of the platform. I forgot Ubi lumps them all in together here, despite SCC getting it's own separate forums for PC and console.

EmperorxZurg
05-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Cas is right, fortunately I proceeded to sequence 12 and then shut off lol, but just make sure you pass that sequence then it's safe...as far as I remember